Now, Fetch Text From Image With Odoo OCR Data Fetch!
Data entry entails a significant amount of manual effort, with the possibility of human error. Artificial intelligence is a gift from technology that makes daily tasks more efficient for humans.
Optical character recognition (OCR) technology is a professional solution for extracting data from printed or written text in an image file and translating the text into a machine-readable format that can be utilized for data processing such as editing or searching.
Webkul has integrated OCR technology with Odoo so that you can easily fetch data from the images for further processing.
Odoo OCR Data Fetch module allows you to extract strings from the image; which means that whatever is written in an image can be fetched as a record in Odoo. With the help of this module, the user can easily manage records from an image.
Odoo Company ? Find out More
Odoo Users can create multiple templates as per their understanding and requirement, which they can use later to extract and update data into a record from an image.
NOTE: Odoo OCR Data Fetch requires the following libraries to function properly:
apt install libtesseract-dev
Firstly, you must install these libraries for the Odoo OCR Data Fetch to work perfectly.
- The module allows you to fetch the text of an image via AI Tool.
- Tesseract Optical Character Recognition Engine is used to fetch the text.
- Odoo Users can create multiple templates as per their requirements.
- He/she can use these templates later to extract and update data into a record from an image.
- The module Odoo OCR Data Fetch supports update operation only.
- The module supports all the languages supported by Odoo.
- You just need to load your desired language.
- Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. As a result, you will be able to see a folder named- ‘wk_ocr_data_fetch’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo Apps and then, click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and then, search ‘wk_ocr_data_fetch’.
- As a result, you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Firstly, log in to the ‘Odoo Instance’ go to the ‘Settings’ and activate the developer mode.
- Now, go to the ‘OCR Templates’ under the ‘Technical’ menu.
- Here, click on the ‘Create’ button to create a new OCR template.
- Add the name of the template, image process type, language, segmentation, etc. in order to create the OCR template.
- Add an image in order to Test OCR Template.
- Click on the Process button for data fetching.
- Here, you can see that the text data fetching occurs from the image.
- Here, is the sample result after fetching the data from the image.
- Now, you need to set regex for field mapping, select the respective field and add the corresponding regex.
- Open the customer’s profile, and click on the ‘Process Image and Update’ under the ‘Action’ tab.
- Select the template and click on the ‘Upload Image’ button.
- Upload the image and click on the Process and Save button.
- Here, you can see that the name of the customer is changed according to the field mapping and according to the defined regex.
USER GUIDES FOR OTHER MODULES
Odoo OCR Data Fetch is helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - V15