Store Your Massive Odoo Data in Google Cloud Storage!
Local Storage becomes complex; especially when you need to store data in bulk. On the other hand, Cloud storage is more scalable; hence, you can increase or decrease space as needed easily. Talking about cloud storage, Google Cloud Storage is one of the best of all.
Google Cloud’s security model, world-scale infrastructure, and unique capability to innovate will help keep your organization secure and compliant.
If you want to store your Odoo data to Cloud storage buckets then Odoo Google Cloud Storage module is the best for you.
Here is the concise list of the features. Visit the Store Page to know the detailed features of Odoo Google Cloud Storage
- Sync Your Odoo Data to Google Cloud Storage.
- Physical Location is no more a concern if data in synced to Google Cloud Storage.
- No need to worry about the Unwanted Data Records to be stored in Google Cloud.
- The attachments are automatically Deleted from Google Cloud when they are deleted from Odoo.
- The admin can set the access rights for the Google Cloud bucket/object.
- The module allows setting expiration intervals to the attachments under ‘Not Public’ access.
- It can be used as external storage for any number of databases.
- As your Odoo data can be stored in Cloud then it automatically decreases the Load at Odoo end.
PREREQUISITES FOR USING THE MODULE
Here is the list of things you would need to configure the Odoo with Google Cloud Storage:-
Odoo Company ? Read More
1.) A Google Cloud Storage account.
2.) Subscription to Google Cloud storage service.
3.) You would also need to create a bucket in Google Cloud Storage
- Once you purchase the Odoo Google Cloud Storage app from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘google_cloud_storage’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘google_cloud_storage’.You will be able to see the module in the search result.
- Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1) Login to your Odoo database; and then go to the setting.
2) From here, you can upload file from Odoo to Google Cloud, add the name of the Google Cloud Bucket; moreover, you can activate or deactivate using google cloud storage.
3) Now, you need to navigate to Service Accounts in Google Cloud Storage; add the name of the bucket, description, e-mail id, unique id and keys id.
4) Now, navigate to the bucket details and add members and roles for your bucket resource.
5) In the Browser tab, under Objects section you can upload the files, folders and even create folders to sync in Odoo.
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
However, if you still have any issues/queries regarding the module then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.1
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13