Shopware Auction module will enable the auction feature for your shop by which admin can add auction in their product and the buyer can bid on their product. Users will receive a notification mail after winning the bid with a coupon code and used this discount coupon in buying the product.
Check a brief overview of the plugin –
- The admin can add three types of auctions for the customers- incremental, reserved, and automatic.
- The admin has the option to display the current bid.
- Admin can display the bidders along with their prices.
- All types of action will apply to a single product.
- The customers can place an automatic auction.
- The admin has the option to show bidder name, bid, and details under automatic bidding.
- The admin/customers can see the auction bid list and automatic auction bid list.
Shopware gives two ways to install the plugin to the server.
- Using Command
- Manual installation
Customers will get a zip folder, then they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The customer has Copy the folder WebkulAuction to custom/plugins directory of Shopware6. As shown in the below image:
Shopware Company ? Find out More
Now open the Shopware6 application in the Terminal.
Run this command to refresh the plugin –
Go to your Shopware installation Root directory and run this command to install then activate the plugin –
./bin/console plugin:install --activate clearcache WebkulAuction.
To clear the cache run this command –
Now refresh the administration.
After that, visit administration Extensions->My Extensions, the Webkul Auction will be listed there.
For the manual installation of the plugin follow the steps as mentioned below:
1) Extract the zip file of the plugin.
2) Goto your Shopware 6 installation backend panel and navigate to Extensions-> My Extensions after that you can find all the installed plugins in it.
For installing the plugin, the user can click on the Upload Extension button. The user can upload the plugin zip(WebkulAuction) here.
3) After uploading the plugin zip, the user can see the Extension in the list.
4) Now the user can click on the install icon to install the Shopware Auction Extension.
5) After the installation of the plugin, the user can click to activate the Extension.
While in the process the admin can see the success message ‘Extension has been activated‘.
After the installation process and plugin configuration if the Auction icon option is not visible then run this command to clear the cache:
Shopware Auction Configuration
After installing the Shopware multi-seller plugin, the user can navigate to Settings -> Extensions -> Auction Configuration.
After clicking on the Akeneo Configuration, the user can see these options:
Here the admin will –
- Show Customer Bid Price –If enabled then the auction product current bid price will show in the auction detail
- Show Bidder Name – If Enabled the bidder name will show in the bid list panel at the frontend.
- Product Price – Enable this option to show the product price on the product page else select it as disabled.
- Show Bid Price – Enable this option to show the Bid Price on the product page else select this option as disabled.
- Show Auction Bid Details – Enable this option to show the bid list panel at the frontend. If disabled then you can hide the bid list.
Now admin can click on ‘Increment Auction Options‘ to enable the incremental auction and set the price range rule.
After that to set increment price admin need to click on “Set Increment Price Range” button.
Here admin can add the price range and increment price. After that click to save button.
The Increment bid is the amount by which a bid will be incremented each time the current bid is outdone. Increment bid amount set will be done by the admin.
When a bidder places a maximum bid of $501-1000, the bid will automatically be raised to $15 and the minimum bid amount is $516-1016.
Now admin can click on automated options to enable/disable it then make other changes.
- Show Automatic Bidder Details
- Customer can change auto bid multiple time – If enabled, then the customer can change an automatic bid on auction product multiple times.
- Show Automatic Price
- Show Automatic Bidder Name
If Your maximum bid is not exceeded by another automatic bidder or current bid, then you will win the bid at the current bid. Let me take a scenario, suppose you have a customer C1 current bid 100 $ and C2 current bid 150 USD. If C1 places an automatic bid of 200 $ then the C1 will win the bid at price 150$ + incremented amount.
After that, the admin can enable reserve auction option and enter a global reserve price for it.
Under this auction, the admin can set a price. If the auction does not reach that price then no one will win the auction. For example, if the reserve price on an auction is set as 100 and a bid is made till 99 then no one will win the auction.
Global Reserve Price – If you don’t provide reserve price and reserve status is enabled then this global reserve price will be applied to the auction price.
Now admin can enable the notification email for winning mail to admin, winning mail to customers, outbid notification email to buyers, and auto bid outbid notification.
- Win mail to Admin – This email notification will be sent to admin after the customer will win the auction.
- Win mail to Customer – This email notification will be sent to the customer after he/she will win the auction.
- Outbid Buyer – While any customer will place a maximum bid, then an email notification will be sent to all outbid customers.
- Auto bid to outbid customer – While any customer will place an automatic bid then an email notification will be sent to that customer.
Add Auction to the Products
After enabling the Shopware Auction module admin can see the ‘Auction Manager‘ in the Extensions.
Now by clicking on the Auction Manager tab admin can check the auction product list and add, delete, and edit the auction products.
By using the filter option the admin can filter products in the Auction product list as seen in the screenshot given below.
After clicking on the add button admin can enable/disable Auction Status, Choose Product Name, Auction Start Price, Reserve Price, Start Auction Time, Stop Auction time, Valid days, Minimum Quantity, Maximum Quantity, Increment Option, and Automatic Options.
Admin can also see the bid list after clicking on the ‘Auction bid list’ tab and also check click on the automatic bid list to see the automatic bid details.
From here admin can also delete and edit the bid.
Front End – Workflow
Customers can see auction link at the header of the website. Customers can click here to go to the auction collection page.
From here customers can click on the bid now button to go to the product’s auction page. Here customers can enter the bid amount then click on the bid now button to make the bid.
Customers can click on ‘Auction Details’ button to see the auction details.
Customers can click on ‘ Bid list’ to see the list of the bidders and their bid amount.
In order to make automatic bid customers need to first check the ‘Place Bid as Automatic’ checkbox. After that, they can enter the amount then make the bid.
Customers can click on the automatic bid button to check the automatic bid placed for the product.
How to Bid in Shopware
Note – Customer needs to log in Shopware store to do bidding on an auction product.
On the auction page, the customers can find the auction product. Here, the customer can see the countdown timer on the product.
Tap the Bid Now button to bid for the product. Here, the customer can start bidding for the product.
The customers can not place a bid that is lower or equal to the current bid price and a message for the same is also displayed to the customer for the same.
After entering a bid amount the customer can see a success message for the same.
If the customer wins a bid a message for the same will be displayed to the customer on the product page
Add to Cart Auction Winning Product
The customer can purchase the product for the set number of units as displayed. Tap the Add to cart button to proceed further.
This was all about the Auction for Shopware 6. I hope you must have the got the idea of our module. Thanks for taking the time in reading this blog. And also, please doesn’t forget to share your feedback and suggestions under the comment box given below.
Moreover, If you have any queries or suggestions, then feel free to add a ticket at our HelpDesk system.
Current Product Version - 1.0.6
Supported Framework Version - Shopware 22.214.171.124