With Prestashop YouTube Playlist, admin can display YouTube videos on the Prestashop home page. Adding YouTube videos will result in increased user engagement on the store.
- Admin can display YouTube playlist in 3 different modes viz. playlist slideshow in player, playlist in the right, and playlist in the bottom.
- Admin can select the maximum number of feeds to be displayed in the playlist.
- Admin can set the width and height of the wall.
- Admin can enable/disable social networking tabs.
- Show video URL from YouTube username or put custom URL from backend.
- Enable/Disable the display of YouTube logo at Front End.
- Go to the back office-> modules -> Upload a module
- Upload zip file of “YouTube Playlist” module
- The module will automatically get installed on your Prestashop.
How to Create the API Key
First of all, you have to Open the link: https://console.developers.google.com/project and create a new project using this link.
After clicking on “CREATE PROJECT” button, you have to enter the project name and then click on ‘create’ button as shown below:
After creating the project, go to Google APIs->credentials
This way, an API key is created.
You need to enable YouTube API’s
YouTube Data API v3
YouTube Analytics API
YouTube Reporting API
After the successful installation of YouTube playlist module, admin can configure the module by clicking on configure button.
Under “YouTube Playlist Settings” admin has to select YouTube playlist type as:
- According to any YouTube username.
- According to custom URL – just copy URL from YouTube and paste it into video links field.
Admin can select ‘YES’ in “Social Networking Tabs” field and add social media tab. Admin can set the height and width of player. Admin can also display information and YouTube logo.
In the above image admin can see there are three options for setting the position of YouTube player. Add video description length (if you choose playlist right option then description length must be less).
After filling all the information you will get a classic YouTube playlist at the frontend.
Front End Workflow
At Front End, admin can select to display YouTube playlist:
- in the bottom
- in player
- in the right
YouTube Playlist in bottom
YouTube Playlist in Player
YouTube Playlist in right
Current Product Version - 4.0.1
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x