The expansion of eCommerce stores across the world is promoting the development in the eCommerce domain too. There are also various technological advancements that are rolling out each day to improve the customer experience. One such feature is AR(augmented reality) & its use across the eCommerce domain is also increasing with each passing day.
Augmented reality is the use of virtual elements in the real world to produce a real image with virtual products. Using this technology, a new feature that is being implemented in eCommerce is ‘virtual try-on’. Try-on provides an advanced solution to rudimentary marketing strategies. It allows customers to try the product by applying it on themselves way before buying the product. Not only it helps them in better decision making about their purchase but also provides zero liability trials in a virtual environment.
Prestashop virtual try-on module will do exactly the same. It will help you to provide the feature of virtual try-on of products to your customers. The feature will be specifically beneficial for the merchants running online spectacle shop. While shopping spectacles/sunglasses online, customers often face difficulty while choosing the right product. As they know that the product is good but they are mainly unsure of how it will look on them. Hence, the virtual try-on will surely help those customers to decide better & try the product way before the actual purchase.
Features of the module
- Provide virtual try-on of products to your customers.
- Enable or disable the virtual try-on feature for the product according to your suitability.
- Allow your customers to try the product & their looks on them before buying the product.
- Upload a default image to show on the virtual try-on page.
- Allow your customers to upload face image or also allow them to capture it via camera of the device.
- Adjust the position of the spectacle if it’s not positioned appropriately.
- Allow them to download or save the virtual try-on image for further use.
How to install the Prestashop virtual try-on module
- Go to Module Manager in Back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- Now, Drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the Prestashop virtual try-on module
The configuration of the virtual try-on module is very simple. You just need to upload an image to show on the product page.
Your customers can see this image in the virtual try-on window. By default, they will see this image until & unless they upload or capture a new image.
The configuration part only consists of this one setting. The upcoming part will provide you info on setting the virtual try-on feature of your customers. So, let’s just head right into the workflow part.
The workflow of the Virtual Try-On
To enable the virtual trial for a product, you need to:
Go to the ‘product catalog’ & edit the product for which you want to enable virtual try-on. After that, go to the “modules” section on the edit product page.
After clicking the configure button, the following page will open.
Here you can activate or deactivate the virtual trial feature of the product. You can also upload a try-on picture other than the default picture for the products. To do so, simply upload the default try on image for this product & click on “Save virtual try-on setting”.
In this way, you can successfully activate and configure virtual try-on for the product.
Now, customers can view a button to try the product virtually on the product page. After clicking on the ‘try me’ a new window will open to create an environment for virtual try-on of the product.
After clicking on try me button, a window with default try-on image will open.
In the virtual try-on window, customers will see the default image first. This default image is the same as uploaded by admin. Furthermore, customers can also use the try-on feature by uploading an image or clicking a one through their camera of the device they are using.
Let’s suppose the customer has decided to use the feature by uploading an image. Then the following steps that will take place:
- Crop the image: After uploading the image, the customer will need to crop the image first.
- Detection: Here an automatic detection for the pupils on the face will run, so that eyeglasses can be set accordingly on the face.
- Application of the product: After the detection of the pupils on the face, eyeglasses will be applied on the face.
After completion of the above steps, the customer can proceed to save this image for further reference.
So, this was all about the features of prestashop virtual try-on module & above steps will help you in providing the feature to your customers on the store.
For any kind of technical assistance, just raise a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com and for any doubt contact us at email@example.com
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x