PrestaShop virtual product combination module provides the additional functionality of adding combinations to the virtual product. Furthermore, you can add different files for different combinations with the help of this module.
- Create combinations of virtual products.
- An admin can associate different files with different combinations.
- Admin can edit/delete a combination.
- An admin can restrict the number of downloads for file associated with combination.
- Admin can also set expiry date for file associated with the combination after which customer will not be able to download the file even after ordering it.
- Admin can associate files of different types like zip file, text file, music files etc.
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
NOTE- There will be no problem while creating a virtual product with no combinations.
After Successful installation of the module, an option to add the combination to the virtual product will add to the admin product addition panel.
Also, now add various combinations for a virtual product.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
After clicking on the edit button, an admin will redirect to the page shown in the screenshot below.
Here admin can associate file for that particular combination. So, now an admin will be able to provide different files for different combinations by editing each of the combinations separately.
After defining various combinations for a product at the back-end, the customer will have an option to select a combination out of the available options.
Customers can proceed with shopping by adding any variant of the product to the cart & placing the order.
After placing the order successfully, a customer can check his order details by clicking on “Order history & details”.
The file associated with the order will not be available to download till the admin updates the order status to “Payment accepted”.
When the admin will update the order status to “Payment accepted” from the admin order details page then only a customer will be able to download the associated file of the product.
On the customer order details page, customers will be able to see the download button in the product details section as shown in the screenshot below.
So, this was all about the PrestaShop Virtual Product Combination module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way.
Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x