Prestashop Virtual File Manager extension facilitates the store owner to upload virtual files for products in order to provide additional product information. Very useful for the store that deals in electronic equipment, tools, machines, or other products which require user guides or instructions to use.
- Supports file types like jpg, jpeg, PNG, PDF, GIF, doc, zip, and Docx.
- Upload attachments such as user manual, guides, etc to provide detailed information about products.
- Upload as many files as you need and attach those files to multiple products.
- Restrict the file download limit.
- Post-purchase, customers can download the product attachments.
PrestaShop Virtual File Manager module is compatible with PrestaShop 8.x.x
Features of Prestashop Virtual File Manager module
Following features are available to the store owners & customers after the installation of the module:
- This module is MultiShop compatible.
- Add virtual files to the standard & bundle product.
- Choose to add files from the system or through an external link.
- View list of all the uploaded files under ‘Virtual file manager’.
- Select the files from the list that you want to add to the product.
- Set the expiration date of the file after which it will not be accessible.
- Set the maximum number of days up to which the customer can download the file.
- Select the maximum number of times the file can be downloaded by the customer.
- View all the files that are added to the product under the ‘Modules’ section.
- Provide the download link to the customer after accepting the payment.
- Notify the customer via mail when the file is available to download.
How to install the Prestashop Virtual File Manager module
- Firstly, Go to the Module Manager in Back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, Drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
The workflow of the Prestashop Virtual File Manager module
After the installation of the module, a new tab adds under ‘Catalog’ section.
In order to attach the file to any product, firstly you will need to upload the files. To upload a file, click on ‘Add new file’ to proceed.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
After clicking on the button, following form will open. Here, you can upload files in two ways.
- Either you can directly upload file from the system
- or else you can upload file via external link
Upload from the system
To upload a file from the system, click on ‘Add file’ & select the file from the system. After that, you can also set the name of the file. Apart from this, there is an additional functionality too. This functionality will help you to enable or disable the file.
You can upload document, image, PDF, and GIF from the system.
Upload via external link
In case, if you want then you can upload file via external link too. In order to upload file via external link, simply paste the link of the file & save.
Please note that, you can only upload PDF file & image via external link.
After uploading all the files, you can view list of all the files under ‘Virtual file manager’.
In this way, you can successfully upload various kinds of files.
Attach files to the product
After uploading the files, next comes the part where you need to attach the files to the product. To attach the files to the product, go to ‘Modules’ section on the edit product page. After that, click on the configure button to proceed.
Now, you can proceed to attach the relevant files to the product. Click on ‘Attach files’ button to proceed.
After that a window will open where you can see list of all the uploaded files. You just need to simply select the files & click on ‘save changes’ to attach. In addition to this, there are some additional options to control their download. Let’s see each of them one by one.
- Expiration date: This option allows you to set the date after which the customer can not access the file.
- Number of days: Set the maximum number of days up to which a customer can access the file. These days are counted after the order is successfully placed.
- Times downloadable: It refers to the maximum number of times a customer can download the file.
After attaching the files, you can see them under ‘attach files’ button.
Workflow at the front-end
On the front-end, firstly proceed to order the product.
After filling all the details, pay the order amount to place the order.
Now you have successfully placed the order. Even then, the files will not be available to download. The reason behind this is that the admin is yet to receive the payment & update it.
At the admin’ end, admin will update the relevant status after receiving the payment.
As you can see in the above screenshot, admin has updated the status to ‘Payment accepted’. After updating the order status, files will be available at your(Customer) end. Refer to the screenshot below:
Now, you can proceed to download the files & get relevant information provided by store owner on the product.
This was all about Prestashop Virtual File Manager Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. And, do let us know about your views in comments.
For any kind of technical assistance or query, please raise a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com or send us a mail at [email protected]
Also, please explore our Prestashop development services and vast range of quality Prestashop addons.
Current Product Version - 4.0.2
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x
Leave a Comment