Are you one of those people who happen to run a store on PrestaShop & Shopify both & struggle to manage both at a time. Now, you can easily overcome this problem with the help of PrestaShop Shopify connector module. Connect both the stores(i.e PrestaShop & Shopify) & easily synchronize the data between them.
As the requirement of your store increases day by day, it’ll become quite difficult to manage both of them simultaneously. Increase in visitors rate also increases your sales which means more customers and even more orders. While all of this continues to happen, the process to manage stores from both the platforms will get difficult day by day.
In the event of such a case, the connector will help you to import products, categories, orders & customers of Shopify to PrestaShop.
Note: PrestaShop Shopify Connector module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x.
Features of the PrestaShop Shopify Connector
- Connect your Shopify store with your PrestaShop store.
- Select the default category to import the product from Shopify to PrestaShop(if no category is associated with the product at Shopify end)
- Choose the currency of product for easy conversion into default PrestaShop currency.
- Select default carrier, payment method & order status for the imported orders of Shopify.
- Choose to use the module as a connector or migrator.
- Enable real-time notification to sync the Shopify catalog & orders to PrestaShop in real-time.
- Choose to update the quantity of the product at PrestaShop on updation of product & creation of order at Shopify end.
- Update the whole product at PrestaShop if the product is updated at Shopify end.
- Update name, description, image, combination, condition & price of the imported product.
- Choose to import the order of Shopify to PrestaShop instantly.
- Import categories of Shopify to PrestaShop.
- Select whether you want to import custom collection or smart collection of Shopify to PrestaShop.
- Map the categories of PrestaShop with the categories of Shopify.
- Import products of Shopify to PrestaShop.
- Choose to import products ‘by product ID’, ‘from Shopify collection” etc.
- Import orders of Shopify to PrestaShop.
- Choose to import all orders, orders by their ID etc.
- Synchronize the quantity from PrestaShop to Shopify.
- Import customers from the Shopify to PrestaShop.
How to install the PrestaShop Shopify Connector module
- Go to Module Manager in Back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- Now, Drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to Get API Access Token
Open your Shopify store & go to the ‘apps’ section.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
Now, click on “Develop apps”.
Click on “Create an app” button to create a new app.
On clicking the button, a popup appears on the page where the admin needs to specify the app name.
After entering the app name, click on the “Create app” button.
Now, click on “Configure Admin API scopes” under the Overview tab.
On clicking the button, the admin redirects to the Configuration tab where he needs to provide read and write permissions for the elements he wants to import.
After selecting the permissions, click on Save.
Now, click on the “Install app” button under API credentials to get the Admin API access token.
On clicking the “Install app” button, a popup for app installation appears on the page where the admin needs to click on the Install button.
Now, the admin can view the API access token under API credentials.
Kindly note the API access token will be visible only once. If the admin refreshes the page, then the token will not be visible and he needs to uninstall and reinstall the app.
How to Configure the Module
Under API Credentials, the admin needs to specify the Shopify store URL and Admin API access token to connect your PrestaShop store with Shopify.
Under Product Import, the admin can select:
- Default category to import products of the Shopify to PrestaShop. This category is assigned to Shopify products in case no category is found while importing the product.
- Currency in which the product is at Shopify. It will help the admin convert the currency of Shopify to default currency of PrestaShop.
Under Order import, the admin can select default carrier, payment method, and status of orders imported from Shopify to PrestaShop.
Real Time Update
An additional setting of the module allows you to use this module as a connector & migrator both.
In case, if you wish to use this module as a connector. Then, you need to enable the option of ‘Use as connector’. Otherwise, the module will work as migrator.
You can choose to customize the settings related to the update of the quantity of products at PrestaShop and Shopify Also, you can synchronize product quantity from PrestaShop to Shopify.
Workflow of the module
After the successful installation of the module, multiple new tabs get available under the Shopify connector section.
Admin can also import Shopify categories to PrestaShop. Additionally, you can also map Shopify categories with PrestaShop. This will allow you to associate Shopify products with mapped categories.
At the Shopify end, there are two types of collections:
- Custom Collection
- Smart Collection
Select the type of collection to import from Shopify to PrestaShop.
View the name of all the categories imported from Shopify to PrestaShop.
A list of all the Shopify categories that are successfully imported to PrestaShop is available under the Shopify category tab.
To map the PrestaShop category with Shopify, click on “Map category”.
Need for category mapping
Let’s suppose that a product was successfully imported from Shopify to PrestaShop. And, the product category(of Shopify) is not available at the PrestaShop end. Now, while importing the product, we need to put it into some category.
To overcome this obstacle, either we need to create a category or map the Shopify category to PrestaShop.
And, if the mapping of Shopify categories & PrestaShop categories is already complete, then the mapped category will be allocated to the product.
The module also allows you to import products from Shopify to PrestaShop. There are the following 5 criteria to import a product.
- New Product: If you choose to import new products, then all the unmapped products will be imported to PrestaShop.
- Import products by ID: Import products by their specific product ID.
- Products created in specific time: In this option, select a timeline to import all the products added in that specific period on Shopify.
- Import products from Shopify collection: This option enables you to import products from a specific Shopify collection.
- All products: Import all the products of Shopify in one go.
Admin can view a list of all the products imported from Shopify to PrestaShop under the ‘Shopify Products’ tab.
Admin can also import orders from Shopify to PrestaShop. There are 3 ways to import orders.
- The first option lets you import all the Shopify orders to PrestaShop.
- Import any specific order to PrestaShop by using the order ID.
- You can also choose to import all the orders from Shopify to PrestaShop for the selected time interval.
View a list of all the orders imported from Shopify to PrestaShop.
Admin can also import customers from Shopify to PrestaShop. There are 3 options to import customers to PrestaShop.
- Import all the customers in one go.
- Another way is to import a customer by a specific customer ID.
- Admin can also import customers by their date of registration for a specific time interval.
View a list of the customers imported from Shopify to PrestaShop.
This was all about the PrestaShop Shopify Connector module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. And, do let us know about your views in the comments.
For any kind of technical assistance or query, please raise a ticket or send us a mail at [email protected]
Also, please explore our PrestaShop development services and vast range of quality PrestaShop addons.
Current Product Version - 4.1.1
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x
Leave a Comment