PrestaShop Shopify Connector is a simple and reliable solution to connect your PrestaShop website with Shopify. This comprehensive tool provides you with the ability to export the entire product listings from your online store to Shopify.
Synchronize products, orders, and customers from Shopify to PrestaShop. Update products and customers on PrestaShop in real-time.
Features of the PrestaShop Shopify Connector
- Synchronize PrestaShop store products to Shopify and vice-versa.
- Export all the PrestaShop products to Shopify at once or specific products.
- Sync all the new products from PrestaShop store to Shopify and vice-versa.
- Sync the products created in a specific date range from PrestaShop store to Shopify and vice-versa.
- Import all the Shopify products to PrestaShop at once or individual products by product ID.
- Synchronize all the products of a specific Shopify collection to PrestaShop.
- Import Shopify orders to PrestaShop store.
- Synchronize all the orders from Shopify to PrestaShop at once or one by one via order ID.
- Import orders for a specific date range.
- Synchronize customers from Shopify to PrestaShop and vice-versa.
- Import all the customers from Shopify to PrestaShop at once or specific customer by customer ID.
- Import customers by their date of registration in a specific time interval.
- Export all the PrestaShop customers to Shopify at once or specific customers.
Real Time Updates
From Shopify to PrestaShop
- Update product quantity on PrestaShop if product is updated or ordered on Shopify.
- Update the whole product on PrestaShop when updated on Shopify.
- Import order instantly on PrestaShop when order is created on Shopify.
- Update customer on PrestaShop when updated on Shopify.
- Delete customer on PrestaShop when deleted on Shopify.
From PrestaShop to Shopify
- Instantly update product quantity from PrestaShop to Shopify.
- Update exported product/customer on Shopify when updated on PrestaShop.
- Delete customer on Shopify when deleted on PrestaShop.
- Map PrestaShop categories with Shopify categories.
- Select default category to be assigned to Shopify products in case no category is found while importing product.
- Choose default carrier, payment method, and order status to be assigned to the imported orders.
How to install the PrestaShop Shopify Connector module
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to Get API Access Token
Open your Shopify store & go to the ‘apps’ section.
Prestashop Company ? Find out More
Now, click on “Develop apps”.
Click on “Create an app” button to create a new app.
On clicking the button, a popup appears on the page where the admin needs to specify the app name.
After entering the app name, click on the “Create app” button.
Now, click on “Configure Admin API scopes” under the Overview tab.
On clicking the button, the admin redirects to the Configuration tab where he needs to provide read and write permissions for the elements he wants to import.
After selecting the permissions, click on Save.
Now, click on the “Install app” button under API credentials to get the Admin API access token.
On clicking the “Install app” button, a popup for app installation appears on the page where the admin needs to click on the Install button.
Now, the admin can view the API access token under API credentials.
Kindly note the API access token will be visible only once. If the admin refreshes the page, then the token will not be visible and he needs to uninstall and reinstall the app.
Under API Credentials, the admin needs to specify the Shopify store URL and Admin API access token to connect your PrestaShop store with Shopify.
Under Product Import, the admin can select:
- Default category to import products of the Shopify to PrestaShop. This category is assigned to Shopify products in case no category is found while importing the product.
- Currency in which the product is at Shopify. It will help the admin convert the currency of Shopify to default currency of PrestaShop.
Under Product Export, the admin can select:
- Default Shopify collection in which the product will export if the mapping does not exist.
- Default status in which the exported product will create on Shopify.
- Stock location where inventory will be managed.
Under Order import, the admin can select default carrier, payment method, and order status of orders imported from Shopify to PrestaShop.
Real Time Update Settings
Under Real Time Update Settings, the admin can choose to:
- Use this module as a connector or migrator.
- Synchronize product quantity from PrestaShop to Shopify i.e. if product quantity is updated on PrestaShop, then product quantity will update on Shopify.
- Update the exported product/customer on shopify when the product/customer gets update on PrestaShop.
- Sync data from Shopify to PrestaShop in real-time.
- Update product quantity on PrestaShop if product is updated or ordered on Shopify.
- Update the whole product on PrestaShop if a product is updated on Shopify.
- Import order instantly to PrestaShop if order is created on Shopify.
- Update customer on PrestaShop if a customer is updated on Shopify.
- Delete customer on PrestaShop if a customer is deleted on Shopify and vice-versa.
Workflow of the Module
After the installation of the module, new tabs get available under Shopify Connector section.
The admin can import Shopify categories to PrestaShop. Also, you can map Shopify categories with PrestaShop.
At the Shopify end, there are two types of collections:
- Custom Collection
- Smart Collection
Select the type of collection to import from Shopify to PrestaShop.
View the name of all the categories imported from Shopify to PrestaShop.
To map the PrestaShop category with Shopify, click on “Map category” button.
Need for category mapping
Let’s suppose that a product was successfully imported from Shopify to PrestaShop. And, the product category(of Shopify) is not available at the PrestaShop end. Now, while importing the product, we need to put it into some category.
To overcome this obstacle, either we need to create a category or map the Shopify category to PrestaShop.
And, if the mapping of Shopify categories & PrestaShop categories is already complete, then the mapped category will be allocated to the product.
Under Products tab, the admin can:
- Import products from Shopify to PrestaShop.
- Export products from PrestaShop to Shopify.
Click on “Import products” button to import products from Shopify to PrestaShop. There are 5 criteria to import a product.
- New Products: If you choose to import new products, then all the unmapped products will be imported to PrestaShop.
- Import products by ID: Import products by their specific product ID.
- Products created in specific time: In this option, select a timeline to import all the products added in that specific period on Shopify.
- Import products from Shopify collection: This option enables you to import products from a specific Shopify collection.
- All products: Import all the products of Shopify in one go.
Click on Export Products button to export the products from PrestaShop to Shopify. There are 5 ways in which the admin can export products to Shopify.
- New products
The admin can export all the new products from PrestaShop to Shopify. Please note that the products which are not exported yet will be synced.
2. Export product by selection
This option lets admin export specific products from PrestaShop to Shopify. Enter the name of the product and select it from the dropdown list.
3. Products created in specific time
The admin can also export the products created in a specific date range. Select the dates in created after and created before fields to export products.
4. Export products from PrestaShop category
This option lets admin export all the products of a specific category to Shopify.
5. All products
This option lets admin export all the PrestaShop store products to Shopify at once.
Admin can view a list of all the imported and exported products under Shopify Products.
Click on Import orders button to import the orders from Shopify to PrestaShop.
There are 3 ways to import orders.
- The first option lets you import all the Shopify orders to PrestaShop.
- Import any specific order to PrestaShop by using the order ID.
- You can also choose to import all the orders from Shopify to PrestaShop for the selected time interval.
Once imported, the admin can view the list under Shopify Orders.
The admin can synchronize customers from PrestaShop to Shopify and vice-versa.
Click on Import customers button to import the customer from Shopify to PrestaShop. There are 3 ways to import customers to PrestaShop.
- Import all the customers in one go.
- Another way is to import a customer by a specific customer ID.
- Admin can also import customers by their date of registration for a specific time interval.
The admin can export all the customers from PrestaShop to Shopify or specific customers.
The admin can view a list of imported and exported customers under Shopify Customers.
This was all about the PrestaShop Shopify Connector module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. And, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 5.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x