Are you one of those people who happen to run a store on Prestashop & Shopify both & struggle to manage both at a time. Now, you can easily overcome this problem with the help of Prestashop Shopify connector module. Connect both the stores(i.e Prestashop & Shopify) & easily synchronize the data between them.
As the requirement of your store increases day by day, it’ll become quite difficult to manage both of them simultaneously. Increase in visitors rate also increases your sales which means more customers and even more orders. While all of this continues to happen, the process to manage stores from both the platforms will get difficult day by day.
In the event of such a case, the connector will help you to import products, categories, orders & customers of Shopify to Prestashop.
Features of the Prestashop Shopify Connector
- Connect your Shopify store with your Prestashop store.
- Select the default category to import the product from Shopify to Prestashop(if no category is associated with the product at Shopify end)
- Choose the currency of product for easy conversion into default Prestashop currency.
- Select default carrier, payment method & order status for the imported orders of Shopify.
- Choose to use the module as a connector or migrator.
- Enable real-time notification to sync the Shopify catalog & orders to Prestashop in real-time.
- Choose to update the quantity of the product at Prestashop on updation of product & creation of order at Shopify end.
- Update the whole product at Prestashop if the product is updated at Shopify end.
- Update name, description, image, combination, condition & price of the imported product.
- Choose to import the order of Shopify to Prestashop instantly.
- Import categories of Shopify to Prestashop.
- Select whether you want to import custom collection or smart collection of Shopify to Prestashop.
- Map the categories of Prestashop with the categories of Shopify.
- Import products of Shopify to Prestashop.
- Choose to import products ‘by product ID’, ‘from Shopify collection” etc.
- Import orders of Shopify to Prestashop.
- Choose to import all orders, orders by their ID etc.
- Import customers from the Shopify to Prestashop.
How to install the Prestashop Shopify Connector module
- Go to Module Manager in Back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- Now, Drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to get the Shopify API keys
Open your Shopify store & go to the ‘apps’ section.
Under ‘Apps’, click on ‘manage private apps’ to view the list of private apps.
To create an API key, click on “Create a new private app”.
Enter the name of the app & add an emergency email address of the developer. Kindly select API version as 2019-10 for better working of the module.
Confirm the details of the app to generate API keys.
How to configure the module
Enter Shopify store URL, API username & password to connect your Prestashop store with Shopify.
Note: Please add the URL of your Shopify store without ‘https’ & without ‘redirecting link’.
Product Import Settings
Select the default category to import products of the Shopify to Prestashop. Assign this category to Shopify products when no category is found while importing the product.
Also, select the currency in which the product is at Shopify. It will help you to convert the currency of Shopify to default currency of Prestashop.
Order Import Settings
You can also import orders of Shopify to Prestashop. To import those orders, you need to select default carrier, payment method & the order state for the orders of Shopify.
An additional setting of the module allows you to use this module as connector & migrator both.
In case, if you wish to use this module as a connector. Then, you need to enable the option of ‘Use as connector’. Otherwise, the module will work as migrator.
You can also choose to customize the settings related to the update of the quantity of product at Prestashop and Shopify.
Workflow of the module
On installing the module, multiple new tabs get added on the dashboard under the Shopify connector section.
You can also import categories of the Shopify to the Prestashop. Additionally, you can also map categories of Shopify with categories of the Prestashop. This will allow you to associate products of the Shopify with the mapped categories.
At the Shopify end, there are two types of collections namely:
- Custom Collection
- Smart Collection
Select the type of collection to import from the Shopify to Prestashop.
View name of all the categories as they import from the Shopify to Prestashop.
List of all the Shopify categories that are successfully imported to Prestashop is available under Shopify category.
To map the category of Prestashop with Shopify, click on “Map category”. To do so, select the category of Prestashop & Shopify to map them together.
Need for mapping category
Let’s suppose that a product was successfully imported from the Shopify to Prestashop. And, the product category(of Shopify) is not available at the Prestashop end. Now, while importing the product, we need to put it into some category.
To overcome this obstacle, either we need to create a category or map the Shopify category to Prestashop.
And, if the mapping of Shopify categories & Prestashop categories is already complete, then mapped category will be allocated to the product.
The module also allows you to import products from the Shopify to Prestashop. There are following 5 criterias to import a product.
- New Product: If you choose to import new products, then all the unmapped products will be imported to Prestashop.
- Import products by ID: Import products by their specific product ID.
- Products created in specific time: In this option, select a timeline to import all the products added in that specific period on Shopify.
- Import products from Shopify collection: This option provides you to import products from specific Shopify collection.
- All products: Import all the products of Shopify in one go.
View list of all the imported products from Shopify to Prestashop under ‘Shopify Products’.
You can also choose to import orders of Shopify to Prestashop. There are 3 ways to import orders from Shopify to Prestashop.
- The first option lets you import all the orders of Shopify to Prestashop.
- Import any specific order to Prestashop by using their order ID.
- You can also choose to import all the orders of Shopify to Prestashop for the selected time interval.
View list of all the orders imported from the Shopify to Prestashop.
You can also import customers from the Shopify to Prestashop. There are 3 options to import customers to Prestashop.
- Import all the customers in one go.
- Another way is to import a customer by a specific customer ID.
- You can also import customers by their date of registration for a specific time interval.
View list of the customers imported from the Shopify to Prestashop.
So, this was all about Prestashop Shopify Connector module. Now, easily import products, orders, categories etc of Shopify to Prestashop for effective management of both the stores.
For any kind of technical assistance, just raise a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com and for any doubt contact us at email@example.com
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x