Quickbooks is an accounting software used by merchants across the world. The software helps businesses in managing their sales & transactions. And, quickbooks desktop connector is yet another advancement in the field to integrate the functionality in the system of the merchant.
This will not only ease the process at merchants end but will also help them to manage their business transaction effectively. Quickbooks desktop connector app allows you to sync product, order, customer & carrier between quickbooks & prestashop.
You can also enable real-time updates to allow automatic syncing between the two platforms. The feature is helpful in keeping the data updated at both ends.
To use this extension you must –
- Purchase and Install QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise. Please refer the link for QuickBooks Desktop Installation.
- You also need to install Quickbook Web Connector before using this module.
- The module will only work correctly for the SSL certified sites.
- You must open the same company file on the quickbooks desktop enterprise app as configured in the module.
Check the overview of the plugin in the video mentioned-below –
Prestashop Company ? Read More
Features of the module
- Set the time interval to hit the API for syncing of data at webconnector app.
- Enter the sync slot number to pass the allowed number of requests in each update.
- Download existing shipping & payments of QuickBooks to Prestashop.
- Enable or disable export of unmapped product, customer, payment & carrier.
- Update the quantity of the product at QuickBooks on updation of product & creation of order at QuickBooks.
- Enable automatic export of the order to QuickBooks on the creation of order at Prestashop.
- Enable or disable export of customers & carriers to QuickBooks on creation & updation of them at Prestashop.
- Choose to delete customer, carrier & products from QuickBooks if they are deleted from Prestashop.
- Choose to export/update all the customers on QuickBooks in one go or one by one.
- View the log of customer export to QuickBooks.
- View the status of export of customers to QuickBooks in the list of exported customers.
- Export or update all the products to QuickBooks in one go or one by one.
- View the log of product export to QuickBooks.
- View the status of export of products to QuickBooks in the list of exported products.
- Export the carriers of Prestashop to QuickBooks.
- Select the carriers to update their details at QuickBooks.
- Map the existing carriers of Prestashop to QuickBooks.
- View the status of export of carriers to QuickBooks in the list of exported carriers.
- Export the payment methods of QuickBooks.
- Update the details of existing payment methods of QuickBooks.
- Map the existing payment methods of Prestashop to QuickBooks.
- View the status of export of payment methods to QuickBooks.
- Export the orders of Prestashop to QuickBooks.
- Select the order status to export all the orders with that status to QuickBooks.
- Select a timeline to export all the orders placed in that timeline to QuickBooks.
How to install the QuickBooks desktop connector module
- Go to Module Manager in Back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- Now, Drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the quickbooks desktop connector module
After the installation of the module, you will find a new tab on “Quickbooks Desktop” on the dashboard. These tabs will help you in managing the desktop app effectively.
To configure the module, enter name & description of the app. Also, set a username & password for quickbook webconnector app.
You can also set the time after which the data will sync between quickbooks & prestashop.
The scheduler allows you to sync the data after every set number of minutes. And, ‘Sync slot number’ is the number of requests allowed to pass in one webconnector update.
To proceed further with the configuration settings, you need to download the existing payments & shipping of quickbooks to prestashop.
Order Export Settings
Under order export settings, you can choose to enable export of product, customer, carrier & payment method to quickbooks.
This particular setting allows you to enable the real time update of data between quickbooks & prestashop.
You can also export customers from the Prestashop to quickbooks.
You can either export the customers or update the details of existing customers on quickbooks. To export the customer, click on the field & select the name of the customer from dropdown. Whereas, at the time of updating the customer, search customers by their name & select to update their details.
After exporting/updating the customer, view their status of export in the customer list. You also need to update the webconnector app after each export/update/delete action to sync the data between prestashop & quickbooks. However, you can also set a scheduler of 10 mins to update the data after every 10 mins.
To export the product from the prestashop to quickbooks, click on the ‘export products’.
Click on the box & select the products from the dropdown to export them to quickbooks. You can also select the existing products to update at quickbooks.
There is an option to view the log of exported products too. You can view the list of all the products exported to quickbooks under the log.
Now, you can view the list of all the products & their status of export to quickbooks.
You can also export the carriers of prestashop to quickbooks. To export the carriers, click on the ‘export carriers’.
To export the carrier, click on the carrier name field & select the carriers of prestashop from the dropdown.
Here, we need to understand something about the export. While exporting the carrier, they already get mapped with itself from prestashop. We don’t need to map the exported carier. Let’s say if you exported “My carrier” of Prestashop to quickbooks. Then, mapping of the carrier is already complete at the time of export.
You can also map the already exported carriers of quickbooks with the carrier of prestashop. You can map the carrier of quickbooks to carriers of prestashop in case if you wish to associate it with another carrier apart from itself.
Now, you can view the list of all the carriers & their status of export to quickbooks.
Export Payment Methods
You can also export the payment methods of prestashop to quickbooks. To export the payment methods, click on the ‘export payment methods’.
To export the payment methods, click on the field & select them from the dropdown menu. The mapping of payment methods is also with itself, if you export them to quickbooks.
Let’s understand this with a simple example:
My prestashop store has two payment viz. “COD” & “Payment by cheque“. I exported both of them to quickbooks. Now, these two payments will be mapped with themselves as they already exist on prestashop.
In case, if you wish to associate an already exported payment method with another payment method of prestashop. Then, you can edit the details pf payment method & map them with another payment method of prestashop.
Now, after the export & mapping, you can view the list of all the payment methods & their status of export to quickbooks.
You can also export the orders of prestashop to quickbooks. Simply, click on ‘export orders’ to proceed.
You can export the orders in following two ways:
- Export the orders by their current order status.
- Select the order one by one to export them to quickbooks.
In addition to all this, there is something else which needs to be understood. You can export all these orders in one go by their order status. And, you can also choose to export all the orders for the selected timeline or ‘all the orders with selected order status for the selected timeline’.
Now, after the exporting the orders, you can view the list of all the orders & their status of export to quickbooks.
Webconnector & QuickBooks App
In order to use the module, you must have quickbooks webconnector app & quickbooks desktop app on your system. And, to make sure of the syncing between prestashop & quickbooks app, you must open the same company file on the quickbooks desktop app as configured in the module.
As the syncing between the prestashop & quickbooks is important. hence, we need to connect these two with the help of a web connector app.
Each time you perform an action on the prestashop. Be it export, delete, update anything. You must click on the ‘update selected’ button to sync the data between the platforms.
Note: You need not update the data each time if you have set the time in the scheduler.
In the following screenshots, you can view the display of customer, product & orders on the quickbooks app.
Note: As per QuickBooks enterprise version 19, you must enable the stock option in your quickbooks desktop app.
To enable the option,
Go to Stock->Edit->Preferences->Item & inventory->Company Preferences->Check the box named “Inventory and Purchase Orders are Active“.
This was all about the Prestashop quickbooks desktop connector module.
Current Product Version - 4.0.1
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x