Ecommerce has evolved much or came a long way since its inception. The primary motive i.e. the customer satisfaction is still the main driving force behind every development happening in this domain. The goal behind all this effort is very simple, to serve the customer in the best possible way. And to realize this dream, many people work tirelessly around the clock. This time, the result of that tireless effort is Prestashop Product Carrier Details module. Yet another addon to enhance functionality & productivity.
The module helps you to show the list of carriers available for the delivery of the product. The carriers are either shown on the basis of saved addresses of the customer or by tracking the IP of the customer. The addons will be particularly helpful for the customers who are buying in haste. They will no longer need to check the delivery by manually checking delivery via Zipcode. Now, they can know that by seeing the shipping carrier details section only. As it will automatically signify that the product will be delivered by one or the other carrier available in the list.
Features of the Prestashop Product Carrier Details module
- Show shipping carriers available to deliver the product on the product page.
- Present the list of shipping carriers to your customers in an organized table.
- Show available carriers list based on the saved addresses of the customer.
- Choose to show carrier list by tracking the IP address of the customer too, if no saved address is found.
- Show or hide the logo of the shipping carrier from the product page.
- Choose to show a default image at the place of the logo, if no logo is available for the carrier.
- Show or hide the name of the shipping carrier from the product page.
- Choose to show or hide the delivery or transit time of each carrier on the product page.
- Show or hide the shipping cost of each carrier on the product page.
How to install the Prestashop Product Carrier Details module
- Firstly, go to the Module Manager in Back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the Prestashop Product Carrier Details module
After the successful installation of the module, an admin can proceed to configure the module. The configuration settings of the module have two sections. So let’s just see options available in these two sections one by one.
The first section has the following option.
- Display Shipping on the basis of IP: Enable this option to show available carriers by the IP of the customer.
Let’s just understand this option in detail with the help of an example.
Suppose a customer/visitor lands on your website. He/she is crawling through your website to search for the desired product. That customer or the visitor has no saved address in their account yet. However, the module shows the available carriers on the basis of the saved address only. But, in this particular case, an issue might arise. Now, how would you decide to show/hide a particular carrier on the product page? The answer is you don’t or do not need to decide.
For such cases only, we’ve integrated this particular functionality of showing carriers on the basis of IP of the customer. The customers who have not added their address yet or the visitors without an account can really benefit from this. Now, they can also know about the carriers available to deliver the product that they are buying.
I hope the above example would be beneficial. Now, let’s just proceed to see the options available in the second section. The options of the second section help to show/hide various details of the shipping carrier on the product page. So, let’s just see each of them one by one.
- Display Shipping Logo: Choose to show or hide the logo of the shipping on the product page.
- Display Shipping Name: Either show or hide the name of the shipping carrier from the product page.
- Show Default Logo: You can show or hide the default logo only when no logo is added to the shipping carrier.
- Display Shipping Transit Time: Choose whether you want to how the transit time of the shipping carrier or not.
- Display Shipping Price: Show or hide the shipping carrier charge on the product page.
Add logo to the shipping carrier
In earlier section, you see that an option to show or hide the logo of the carrier was also available. So, let’s see the process to add a logo to the shipping carrier.
In order to add a logo to the shipping carrier, firstly go to the “Shipping” section & then to “Carriers”. Under “Carriers”, you will find a list of all the shipping carriers whose services the store offers. Now, to add a logo, click on the edit button available against the name of each shipping carrier.
After clicking the edit button, you will land on the following page. Here, under ‘General settings’, you will find a field to add a logo for the shipping carrier. You can also get the preview of the logo at upper far left corner on this page.
Shipping Carrier Details on the Product Page
After configuring the module successfully, you can now see the shipping carrier details on the products page. A new section containing the name of all the shipping carriers available to deliver the product is now on the product page.
This section contains following details about the shipping carrier & show it on the product page.
- Logo of the Shipping Carrier
- Name of the Shipping Carrier
- Transit/delivery time of the Shipping Carrier
- Shipping charge of the carrier
The configuration settings of the module also allows you to show or hide these data as per your own convenience.
Please note that the shipping carriers shown here on the product page are the same as the one available to choose at the time of checkout.
In an earlier section, I mentioned that the available shipping carriers are shown on the basis of saved address. Now, we will see how shipping carrier details are shown if a customer has saved multiple addresses.
As you can see that in the screenshot below, a customer has two saved address i.e. one for office & another for home. But based on the details furnished in the earlier section, you might be wondering about carriers display if a customer has multiple saved addresses.
So, while keeping in mind such scenario, we are showing list of available for each address separately on the product page.
Now in case of multiple saved addresses, a customer will see list for each address separately. You can see the display of carriers in such a case in the screenshot below.
Now, if a customer wants, then he/she can buy the product by clicking on the “Add to cart” button.
After proceeding to the checkout page, customers will see the same carriers that were also available on the product page. Select one of the carriers & make the payment to place the order.
The details of shipping carrier selected at the time of checkout is also available on the order confirmation page.
So, this was all about Prestashop Product Carrier Details Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in comments.
For any kind of technical assistance or query, please raise a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com or send us a mail at email@example.com
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x