Prestashop Preorder module allows customers to book a product that is either out of stock or yet to arrive in the market. Admin can set preorder for a particular combination of a product or all the combinations of a product at once. Drive more customers to the store by making products available to them which they don’t get from the offline store.
Features of Prestashop Preorder
- Allow customers to order out of stock products.
- Offer multiple payment types for preorder – full, partial, or dynamic payment.
- Allow guest users to preorder products using partial payment option.
- Restrict adding a preorder and regular product in a cart.
- Show the preorder product availability date on the product page.
- For partial/dynamic payment, choose to show preorder price, original product price, or both on the product page.
- Set custom message to be displayed for full or partial/dynamic payment on the product page.
- Set preorder for individual combinations separately or all the product combinations at once.
- Display countdown timer on the product page.
- Set the quantity that will be available once the product becomes available after preorder.
- Set the availability date on which the product would be available in stock for purchase.
- Complete preorder before the expected date.
- In case of partial payment, set the price in terms of a fixed amount or percentage.
- Conveniently manage all of your preorders from a single grid.
- View a list of orders placed for preorders and their status from a single tab.
- Customers can also view a list of preorder orders and their status from their accounts.
How to install the Prestashop Preorder module
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
- Partial/Dynamic payment preorder display price
The option lets the admin select which price he wants to display on the preorder product page. The admin can choose to display the preorder price, original product price, or both.
- Guest can purchase partial payment preorder product
If this field is enabled, then guest users can preorder products using the partial payment option.
- Restrict checkout of preorder product with normal product
If this option is enabled, then the customers cannot add a preorder product and regular product to the same cart.
- Show preorder product availability date
This option enables the admin to show the availability date of the preorder product on the product page.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
In order to make all the preorder products automatically available on the selected availability date. Admin needs to set CRON job for each day.
The admin needs to replace the string “www.sitename.com” with the site link.
Backend Workflow of Prestashop Preorder module
After the installation of the module, two new tabs Products and Orders get available in the PrestaShop back office. From these tabs, the admin can manage preorder products and orders.
Add Preorder Product
Admin can add a preorder product by clicking on the “Add new” button.
Now, the admin needs to search and select a product he wants to offer for preorder.
On selecting the product, a form will open on the page with the following options:
- Payment type – Here the admin needs to select the payment type he wants to set for the preorder product. Admin can choose to set full, partial, or dynamic payment.
- Show preorder timer – Enable this field to show the preorder timer on the product page. Customers can view the exact days and time after which the product will be available for purchase.
- Quantity for this product – Set the quantity that will add to the product quantity when the product becomes a normal product.
- Maximum quantity for preorder – In this field, the admin needs to specify the maximum quantity for which the preorders can be placed.
- Expected date of product availability – Set the date on which the product will be available for purchase.
While adding a preorder for a product, the admin can set payment type as full, partial, or dynamic.
In case of full payment, a customer has to pay the full amount to preorder the product.
With this payment option, the admin can set a partial amount that a customer needs to pay to preorder the product. Admin can set the price in terms of a fixed amount or percentage.
Suppose the product’s original price is €29 and the admin has set the 20% as the preorder price. Now, the customer has to pay €5.8 to preorder the product.
In case of dynamic payment, the admin can set the minimum expected amount. Customers can enter any amount between the minimum expected and the product’s actual price to preorder the product.
Once added, the admin can view a list of preorder products under the products tab.
Under the Products tab, the admin can:
- Enable or disable the preorder product.
- Update preorder product details.
- Delete the preorder product.
Set Preorder on Product Combinations
While adding a preorder, the admin can select the combination for which he wants to offer a preorder. Admin can set preorder for a single combination of a product at a time. Admin can set preorder for each combination separately or all the combinations at once.
Make preorder available before expected date
Once added, the admin can choose to complete the preorder before expected date.
Front End Workflow of Prestashop Preorder
After the installation of the module, a new category “Preorder” gets available on the PrestaShop store. From here, the customers can view all the products for which the admin has added preorder.
If the admin has selected Preorder price in the Partial/Dynamic payment preorder display price field, then the preorder price will display on the product and category page.
If selected original price, then the actual prices of the product will display.
And, if the admin has selected Both, then preorder as well as original price will display for the products.
Preorder Product Page
When a customer visits the preorder product page, he can view the details like preorder price, preorder product availability date & time, etc.
Full Payment Option
Customers can preorder the product by paying the full product amount upfront.
Partial Payment Option
Customers can preorder the product by paying the partial amount set by the admin while adding a preorder product. In the above screenshot, it can be seen that the payment message is displayed as set in the configuration. The variables are replaced by the respective prices.
Dynamic Payment Option
The option lets customers preorder the product by paying any amount between the minimum price (as set by the admin) and the actual price of the product.
Suppose a customer preorder a product using partial payment. The customer can view the partial amount paid for preordering a product on the order confirmation page.
Admin can view a list of orders placed for preorder products in the Orders tab.
Under the Orders tab, the admin can view:
- Customers’ name who have preordered the products.
- Status of a preorder, whether it has been completed or cancelled.
- Remaining amount in case of partial payment done by the customer to preorder a product.
Customers can also view a list of orders placed for the preorder products. After the installation of the module, a new tab Preorder Orders get available in the customers’ account.
Under the tab, a customer can view:
- Order date
- Total amount paid to preorder the product.
- Status of preorder.
After placing an order, when the product becomes available a “Complete Preorder” button gets available on the order details page.
On clicking the complete preorder button, a customer redirects to the shopping cart page where he can pay the remaining amount and complete the preorder.
Once the customer has completed the preorder, the status of the preorder changes under the orders tab. Also, a separate order is created for the remaining amount paid by the customer under the orders tab.
If the admin cancels an order, the available quantity gets updated.
The available quantity of the product “THE BEST IS YET TO COME’ FRAMED POSTER” is 499. After canceling the order, the quantity gets updated to 500 as shown in the below screenshot.
So, this was all about Prestashop Preorder Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Are you also looking to provide the preorder functionality to sellers of your marketplace? Do check out the blog to know more about the preorder module for the marketplace.
Current Product Version - 5.1.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x