Prestashop Preorder module allows customers to book a product that is either out of stock or yet to arrive in the market. Admin can set preorder for a particular combination of a product or all the combinations of a product at once. Drive more customers to the store by making products available to them which they don’t get from the offline store.
Features of Prestashop Preorder
- Set Preorder for a particular combination of a product or all the combinations of a product at once.
- Admin can set full, partial, or dynamic payment as preorder payment option.
- In case of partial payment method, admin can set partial payment in terms of percentage or fixed amount.
- In case of dynamic payment method, set custom price which a customer needs to pay to pre-book the product.
- Countdown timer displaying the days and time after which product gets available for purchase.
- Enable, disable, or delete the preorder.
- Set the availability date on which the product would be available in stock for purchase.
- Set the quantity available in stock to show when the preorder product is available for purchase.
- Admin can view the details of orders placed by the customers for the preorder products.
- A Customer can purchase the preorder and a normal product in the single cart.
New Features in Current Version 5.0.0
- Guest customers can also place an order for preorder products if allowed by admin.
- Admin can set the expiry time for preorder vouchers.
- Enable/Disable the completion of preorder before the expected date.
- A new menu “Preorder” has been added on the front end under which customers can view all the preorder products.
- A separate tab “Preorder Orders” has been added in customer’s account from which customers can view all the orders placed for preorder products.
- Prestashop Preorder module is multi shop compatible.
- Module translation available in these languages :
- Go to the back office-> modules -> Upload a module
- Upload zip file of “Prestashop Preorder” module
- The module will automatically get installed on your Prestashop.
Admin can configure the time after which preorder vouchers will expire. Also, admin can allow/disallow guest customers to place an order for preorder products.
To make all the preorder products automatically available in the given time period, Admin needs to set CRON job every day.
0 0 * * * curl http://www.sitename.com/modules/preorder/preorderautoupdate.php?token=your_token
You have to replace the string “www.sitename.com” with your site link.
Backend Workflow of Prestashop Preorder
After the installation of the module, two new tabs “Manage Products” and “Manage Orders” gets add in back office. From these tabs admin can manage Preorder products and orders.
Admin can create a preorder product by clicking on “Add New Preorder” button.
While setting a preorder for a product, admin can set payment type as full, partial, or dynamic payment for preorder.
In case of full payment, a customer has to pay the full amount while pre-booking the product.
In case of partial payment, admin can set partial amount which a customer has to pay while pre-booking the product. Admin can set this amount in terms of percentage or fixed amount.
When a customer pre-book the product, a voucher gets create with amount equivalent to preorder price set by admin. The voucher will be applicable from the product availability date specified by admin.
Once the customer adds preorder product in the cart, then the voucher gets automatically applied to the cart. If the customer has ordered more than one Unit of a product, then after completing the purchase the voucher gets applied according to the quantity chosen by the customer.
In case of dynamic payment, admin can set the minimum expected amount for the product. Customer can fill any amount between the minimum expected and actual preorder product amount and grab the product.
Automatic available in Stock
When the date of product availability arrives the preorder product gets available to the customers. Also, admin can specify the product quantity that will be display in stock when the product becomes available.
Complete preorder before expected date
After creating the preorder product, admin can enable/disable the completion of preorder before expected date.
Set Preorder on Product Combinations
While setting preorder on a product, admin can select the combination on which the preorder will be applicable. Admin can set preorder for a single combination of a product at a time. If admin wants to set for more than one combination, then he has to create a preorder for that combination.
Admin can set preorder for each combination separately or all the combinations at once. If admin has set preorder for all the combinations altogether, then the same preorder will be set for all the combinations.
While updating details of any combination, admin can either update current combination or select “all combinations” to update all combinations.
Editing/Updating other combination:
If admin selects a particular combination and updates its preorder details then changes will be visible under “Manage Products” tab.
Similarly, admin can update the preorder details of all the combinations just by selecting ‘All Combinations’ in the product field.
Front End Workflow of Prestashop Preorder
After the installation of module, a new menu “Preorder” gets add on front end from where customers can view all preorder products.
Preorder Product Page
When a customer visits the product page, there he view details related to preorder such as preorder price, preorder product availability date & time, etc.
Full Payment Option
Partial Payment Option
Dynamic Payment Option
Preorder option will not show on the product combination on which admin has not set preorder.
After installation of the module, a new tab “Preorder Orders” gets added in customer panel from where he can view a list of orders he has placed for preorder products.
Now, after placing an order when the product gets available, then a customer can complete the preorder by clicking on “COMPLETE PREORDER” button on order details page.
When a customer clicks on “COMPLETE PREORDER” button, he redirects to a cart page where he can pay the pending amount in case of a partial payment done by him. On the cart page, a customer can view a voucher whose value is equivalent to the partial amount paid by him while ordering a preorder product.
Suppose a customer has purchased 2 products, then when the customer complete the preorder 2 vouchers gets automatically applied to the cart.
Admin can view the details of orders placed by the customers for the preorder products under “Manage Orders” tab.
That’s all for Prestashop Preorder module.
For any kind of technical assistance, just raise a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com and for any doubt contact us at email@example.com
Current Product Version - 5.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x