Prestashop Preorder module allows customers to book a product that is either out of stock or yet to arrive in the market. Admin can set preorder for a particular combination of a product or all the combinations of a product at once. Drive more customers to the store by making products available to them which they don’t get from the offline store.
Features of Prestashop Preorder module
- Set Preorder for a particular combination of a product or all the combinations of a product at once.
- Allow or restrict guests to book partial payment preorder product.
- Admin can set full, partial, or dynamic payment as a preorder payment option.
- In case of partial payment method, admin can set partial payment in terms of percentage or a fixed amount.
- In case of dynamic payment method, set custom price which a customer needs to pay to pre-book the product.
- Show countdown timer displaying the days and time after which product gets available for purchase.
- Enable, disable, or delete the preorder.
- Admin can set the expiry time for preorder vouchers.
- Set the availability date on which the product would be available in stock for purchase.
- Enable/Disable the completion of preorder before the expected date.
- Set the quantity which will be available once the product becomes available after preorder.
- Admin can view the details of orders placed by the customers for the preorder products.
- A Customer can purchase the preorder and a normal product in the single cart.
- A new menu “Preorder” is added on the front end under which customers can view all the preorder products.
- A separate tab “Preorder Orders” is added in customer’s account from which customers can view all the orders placed for preorder products.
New Features in Version 5.0.2
- Choose to show or hide preorder product availability date on the product page.
- Show or hide the preorder payment content on the product page.
- Customize the content for each type of payment as per your own suitability.
- Admin can view the available preorder quantity of a product in the preorder product list.
- Prestashop Preorder module is multi-shop compatible.
- The module translation available in these languages – Arabic(ar), Catalan(ca), France(fr), Spanish(es), German(de), Italian(It), Japanese(ja), Dutch(nl), Galician(gl).
How to install the Prestashop Preorder module
- Firstly, go to the Module Manager in Back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the Prestashop Preorder module
In order to use the module, an admin needs to configure the module. The significance of each option is clearly indicated in the screenshot below.
In order to make all the preorder products automatically available on their selected availability date. Admin needs to set CRON job for each day.
0 0 * * * curl http://www.sitename.com/modules/preorder/preorderautoupdate.php?token=your_token
You have to replace the string “www.sitename.com” with your site link.
Backend Workflow of Prestashop Preorder module
After the installation of the module, two new tabs “Manage Products” and “Manage Orders” add in the back office. From these tabs, admin can manage Preorder products and orders.
Admin can create a preorder product by clicking on “Add New Preorder” button.
After that, search the product which you want to offer for preorder.
On selecting the product, a form will open to fill some information. Fill out each field to offer the product for preorder to customers.
While setting a preorder for a product, admin can set payment type as full, partial, or dynamic payment for preorder.
In case of full payment, a customer has to pay the full amount while pre-ordering the product.
In case of partial payment, admin can set a partial amount which a customer needs to pay while pre-ordering the product. Admin can set this amount in terms of percentage or fixed amount.
When a customer pre-books the product, a voucher generates for an amount equivalent to preorder price set by admin. The voucher will be applicable from the product availability date specified by admin.
Once the customer adds the preorder product in the cart, then the voucher gets automatically applied to the cart. If the customer has ordered more than one unit of a product, then after completing the purchase the voucher is applied according to the quantity chosen by the customer.
In the case of dynamic payment, admin can set the minimum expected amount for the product. Customer can fill any amount between the minimum expected and actual preorder product amount to grab the product.
Automatic available in Stock
When the date of product availability arrives, the preorder product gets available to the customers. Additionally, an admin can also specify the product quantity that will display in stock after the deducting of prebooked quantity. Let’s understand this 2nd line with an example.
Suppose you set the quantity for the product 100 & quantity available for Pre-order as 40.
In the preorder period, say customers pre-booked all 40 quantities. Now, when the product gets back in stock, then the available quantity for the product will be 100-40 = 60
And, in case, if only 20 products are pre-ordered during the pre-order period. Then the available quantity for the product will be 100-20 = 80. Here, 20 will be reserved for the customers who preordered the product & 80 will be available to all the customers.
Complete preorder before expected date
After creating the preorder product, admin can enable/disable the completion of preorder before expected date.
After creating the preorder product, view list of all the preorder product under “Manage products” tab.
Set Preorder on Product Combinations
While setting preorder on a product, admin can select the combination on which the preorder will be applicable. Admin can set preorder for a single combination of a product at a time. If admin wants to set for more than one combination, then he has to create a preorder for that combination.
Admin can set preorder for each combination separately or all the combinations at once. If admin has set preorder for all the combinations altogether, then the same preorder will be set for all the combinations.
While updating details of any combination, admin can either update current combination or select “all combinations” to update.
Editing/Updating the other combination:
If admin selects a particular combination and updates its preorder details then changes will be visible under “Manage Products” tab.
Similarly, admin can update the preorder details of all the combinations just by selecting ‘All Combinations’ in the product field.
Front End Workflow of Prestashop Preorder
After the installation of module, a new menu “Preorder” gets add on front end from where customers can view all preorder products.
Preorder Product Page
When a customer visits the product page, there he view details related to preorder such as preorder price, preorder product availability date & time, etc.
Full Payment Option
Partial Payment Option
Dynamic Payment Option
Preorder option will not show on the product combination on which admin has not set preorder.
After installation of the module, a new tab “Preorder Orders” gets added in customer panel from where he can view a list of orders he has placed for preorder products.
Now, after placing an order when the product gets available, then a customer can complete the preorder by clicking on “COMPLETE PREORDER” button on order details page.
When a customer clicks on “COMPLETE PREORDER” button, he redirects to a cart page where he can pay the pending amount in case of a partial payment done by him. On the cart page, a customer can view a voucher whose value is equivalent to the partial amount paid by him while ordering a preorder product.
Suppose a customer has purchased 2 products, then when the customer complete the preorder 2 vouchers gets automatically applied to the cart.
Admin can view the details of orders placed by the customers for the preorder products under “Manage Orders” tab.
So, this was all about Prestashop Preorder Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in comments.
Are you also looking to provide the preorder functionality to sellers of your marketplace? Do check out the blog to know more about the preorder module for the marketplace.
For any kind of technical assistance or query, please raise a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com or send us a mail at email@example.com
Current Product Version - 5.0.2
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x