PrestaShop payment extra fee/discount module helps you to charge extra fees or provide a discount to your buyers on making payment through a particular payment method.
Add various payment fees based on various conditions for the payment gateways available on the store.
As it happens many times that some extra charge starts to add in payment gateway bills. And, quite often you (i.e. merchant) generally bear the charge.
To avoid paying those charges, you can simply add them as extra fees in the payment methods. So that if a customer uses that payment method, then he or she has to pay the additional amount.
Alternatively, you can also offer discounts to the customer on the use of specific payment methods. In this way, you can also promote the use of some payment methods.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
You can create a payment fee to charge extra fees or to offer a discount. Additionally, you can also set the fee amount as fixed, percentage or both for a particular payment gateway.
The fees or discount is applicable on the payment gateway on the basis of the specified order amount.
Note: PrestaShop payment extra fee/discount module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x.
Features of the PrestaShop Payment Extra Fee/Discount module
- Add extra fees or provide discounts on the use of a particular payment gateway.
- Add separate payment fees for each payment gateway available on the store.
- Create multiple payment fees for a single payment gateway.
- Set the priority of each payment fees.
- Specify the name & description of payment fees. The buyer can view the fees or discounts applicable to the payment gateway.
- Modify font size and color of “Title & Description” from the module configuration.
- Create payment fee conditions to charge an extra fee or to offer a discount.
- Specify the minimum amount applicable to the payment gateway based on the order amount.
- You also need to specify the maximum amount applicable to the payment gateway based on the order amount.
- Admin can apply tax on payment fee.
- Admin can choose to display payment fee row in last position in invoice.
- Set various restrictions such as country, customer group, categories, manufacturers and suppliers on payment fees.
- In case of no restrictions, payment fees or discounts will be applicable to every order.
- You can set payment fees on a percentage basis, fixed basis or on both.
- Specify the order amount to restrict the application of extra fees or to offer a discount on the order.
- Admin can choose to calculate fee/discount on the final cart total including discounts.
- The buyer can view the detail of the fees/discount if he/she selects the particular payment gateway.
- Total order amount will change as per the payment fee and will be visible to buyer on the order confirmation page.
- The buyer can view the extra fees or discounts on the order detail page.
- Admin can also view the extra fees or discounts on the order detail page at the back-end.
- The module is multi-shop compatible.
Note: Module may have compatibility issues with third-party payment module,
- If one module has multiple payment options, then the same fee will apply to all these payment options
- Compatibility depends on third-party module redirection behavior, you can contact us, and we will review and provide support accordingly
How to Install the PrestaShop payment extra fee/discount module
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
As per the new features of this module, the module creates a product in the catalog section.
This product has no as such features of a regular product. But its use is to add extra fees on the order if the cart falls into definitions of payment fees conditions.
Please don’t delete this product as it will restrict the addition of extra fees but will have no effect on the discount.
How to configure the PrestaShop payment extra fee/discount module
After the successful installation of the module, an admin can proceed to configure the module.
Furthermore, an admin can also set the font & colour of “Title text” of a payment fee.
Also, there are two more options. So let me just explain what are those.
Calculated fee based on: This option provides to choose the method of fee calculation. There are the following three options to choose from.
- Only products: In this case, fee will be calculated only on the product price.
- Final cart total: Fees will be calculated on the cart total, in this case.
- Product + shipping: This case will calculate fee on the product plus shipping price.
- Only shipping: In this last case, fee will be calculated only on the shipping price.
Tax behaviour for fee: Here, you can choose whether you want to calculate fees by including the tax on the order or by excluding the tax.
Display payment fee at last position in invoices: Enable this option if admin wants to display the payment fee at the last position on the invoice.
Workflow of the PrestaShop Payment Extra Fee/Discount module
After the successful installation of the module, you can now proceed to create payment fees conditions.
Create payment fees conditions to charge extra fees or offer discounts on payment gateways.
Click on the “Add New” button to create a new payment fee condition. Select the payment gateway to charge fees or offer a discount on each of them.
- If the discount field is inactive, then it adds the extra fees to the payment gateway.
- If the discount field is active, then it will provide a discount on the payment gateway.
- “Minimum amount ” field allows admin to specify a certain minimum amount that must be added/subtracted from the order amount.
- “Maximum amount” field allows admin to specify a certain maximum amount that must be added/subtracted from the order amount.
You can also specify the order amount for the payment fees to ensure that,
- There is no addition of extra fees to the order if the actual order amount exceeds the specified order amount.
- No discount is available on the order if the actual order amount exceeds the specified order amount in the fees.
Additionally, you can view the list of all the payment fees on the “Manage payment fee” page.
View at buyer’s end
Now, after the buyer adds the product to the cart. They can view the extra fee or discount applicable to the payment gateway.
(i) In case of the extra fees
Order details page at customer end-
Order details page at admin end –
(ii) In case of the discount
Order details page at customer end-
Order details page at admin end –
Hence, in this way you can easily charge extra fees or offer discounts on customer orders.
Criteria to add an extra fee or offer discount
You can create various conditions on which the extra fees or discounts will apply to the payment gateway.
Let’s see the different criteria on which the conditions will vary –
Payment Gateway –
- Create separate conditions for payment gateway available on the store.
- Create multiple conditions for a single payment gateway.
- You can also set the priority of these conditions as per the need.
- Either charge extra fees or provide a discount on Payment Gateway.
- Specify the minimum or maximum amount to apply on the payment gateway, if the order amount is below or above the minimum specified amount.
- Add extra fees or offer a discount on the basis of-
- All the countries or for the selected countries only.
- Specific group of customers or for all the customers.
- All the categories or for the selected categories.
- Specific suppliers or for all the suppliers.
- All the manufacturers or for some specific manufacturers.
- Add extra fee or offer a discount on the percentage basis, fixed basis or on both.
- Specify the order amount above which the extra fee will not be applicable or discount will be offered.
So, this was all about the PrestaShop Payment Extra Fee/Discount module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way.
Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
For any kind of technical assistance or query, please raise a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com or send us a mail at [email protected]
Also, please explore our PrestaShop development services & vast range of featureful PrestaShop Addons.
Current Product Version - 6.0.1
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x
Leave a Comment