By using the PrestaShop Marketplace Virtual Product module seller can upload the product as a virtual product. Seller can add the downloadable file with the product and after purchasing the product i.e. when the payment is accepted for the order, buyer can download the product to use.
Note: This module is an add-on for Marketplace Module. To use this module, you first have to install PrestaShop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace.
Features of PrestaShop Marketplace Virtual Product
- Seller can add the virtual product and can attach the downloadable files with ease
- Restrict the number of downloads per customer.
- Seller can also set the expiration date or the number of days the file can be accessed by customer.
- Allows sellers to duplicate the virtual products.
- Admin can also edit the seller virtual product.
- Admin can assign the existing virtual products to the seller.
- Buyer can easily download the associated file from the order detail page.
- Download link will be available once the order status is updated to payment accepted.
- Sellers can download the added file to the virtual product from update product page.
- Seller can also delete the added file to the virtual product.
- Admin can also download the added file by the seller on their virtual product.
- Admin can delete the file also.
- The module is multi-shop compatible with PrestaShop Advanced Multi-Vendor Marketplace version 5.4.0/3.4.0 and above.
How to Install PrestaShop Marketplace Virtual Product
In order to install the module, you need to install the PrestaShop Advanced Multi-Vendor Marketplace module first.
After installing the marketplace module, you can now proceed to install the PrestaShop Marketplace Virtual Product module.
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
Seller End Workflow
Once the module gets installed, the seller can start adding virtual products from their panel.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
On add product page, a seller needs to select product type as virtual to add virtual product. Upon selecting the virtual product type, some additional fields appear on the product page as shown in the below screenshot.
While updating the virtual product, a seller can download the file uploaded for the product. Seller can
- Delete the file and upload another one.
- Duplicate the virtual product.
Admin End Workflow
From the back office, admin can view a list of virtual products added by the sellers. Admin can:
- Edit or delete the virtual product.
- Download the files added to the product.
- Assign virtual products to the seller.
- Duplicate the virtual product.
In this way, admin can manage the sellers’ virtual products.
Front End Workflow
Customer can visit the virtual product page to purchase the product.
No shipping carrier is needed for a virtual product.
The download link will not be available to the customer until seller accepts the payment for an order.
Once the seller has changed the order status to payment accepted, the customer can download the file from the order details page.
This was all about PrestaShop Marketplace Virtual Product Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 5.1.1
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x