By using the Prestashop Marketplace Virtual Product module seller can upload the product as a virtual product. Seller can add the downloadable file with the product and after purchasing the product i.e. when the payment is accepted for the order, buyer can download the product to use.
Note : This module is an add-on for Marketplace Module. To use this module, you first have to install Prestashop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace.
- Seller can add the virtual product and can attach the downloadable files with ease
- Seller needs to fill the additional information on the add product page, to upload the virtual product.
- Seller can even restrict the number of downloads per customer.
- Seller can also set the expiration date or the number of days the file can be accessed by customer.
- All the virtual products are added to sellers shop after the admin approval.
- Admin can also edit the seller virtual product.
- Buyer can easily download the associated file from the order detail page. Download link will be available only after the order status is updated to payment accepted.
- Sellers can download the added file to the virtual product from update product page.
- Seller can also delete the added file to the virtual product.
- Admin can also download the added file by the seller on their virtual product.
- Admin can delete the file also.
For installing Marketplace seller shipping module you need to install Prestashop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace module first.
After installing marketplace module you can start the installation of Marketplace Virtual Product.
- Go to the back office-> modules -> Upload a module
- Upload zip file of Virtual Product Module
- The module will automatically get installed on your Prestashop
In this way the module can be successfully installed on your Prestashop Site
Working of the Module
Once the virtual product module is installed, sellers can add virtual products.
Go to My Marketplace Account -> Product -> Add Product
On add product page Seller can select product type as virtual to add virtual product. They can also find the extra fields for uploading a virtual product.
On updating the added virtual product, sellers can download the added file to the product.
Seller can also delete the added file and add another to replace the old file.
Admin can also view the details of virtual product from back-end. Admin can also edit/delete the details of virtual product. Admin can also download the files added to the product by seller.
Go to Marketplace management-> Manage seller product
This way admin can also manage seller’s virtual product
Customer can visit the virtual product page to purchase the product.
No shipping carrier is needed for a virtual product.
Until the payment for the order is not accepted, customer will not be able to find any link for the download of the purchased Virtual Product.
Buyer can download the product easily once seller has changed the order status to “payment accepted.”
Under My account -> Order history, buyer will find the download file and buyer can download the file from here
This is how seller can add virtual product successfully.
Current Product Version - 5.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x