Prestashop Marketplace Point of Sale extension enables the functionality of POS at sellers end. With the increasing integration of online & offline stores, the use of POS is also increasing. The use of POS is also helping merchants to manage their online & offline businesses effectively.
Many of the offline businesses use ECR(Electronic cash register) & credit/debit card terminal. But they seem hesitant towards the integration of POS system. Let me tell you something, the POS not only allows you to perform what you were doing before. But It will also help you to keep the record of all those actions along with orders, returns etc.
This extension is particularly developed to provide all such functionalities to the sellers of the marketplace. Sellers of the marketplace can assign employees to the POS outlet to manage the sales & transactions at POS end effectively.
Features of the module
These features are available to the sellers of the store.
- Provide the features of POS to the sellers of your shop.
- Create multiple POS outlets.
- Choose to activate or deactivate a POS outlet.
- Assign products to a POS outlet.
- Manage quantity of the products of POS outlet.
- Activate or deactivate products for a POS outlet.
- Either assign all the products of the shop to the POS outlet one by one or all of them in one go.
- Activate the products for POS after assigning them to POS.
- Assign the employee to a POS outlet.
- Choose to activate or deactivate the employee for the POS outlet.
- POS employees can accept returns & process the refund.
- Employees can process the order for the customers.
- A separate dashboard is available on seller’s dashboard to view sales, orders, average cart value and net profits of POS.
In order to use this module, make sure that the following two modules are already installed in your Prestashop.
After installing the above two modules, now proceed to install Prestashop Marketplace Point of Sale System module.
How to install the Marketplace Point of Sale System module
- Go to Module Manager in Back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- Now, Drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
Workflow of the Prestashop Marketplace Point of Sale System
After the installation of the module, you’ll find that there are three new tabs on the seller’s dashboard. Those three new tabs are:
- POS Dashboard
- POS Employee
Create a POS outlet
To proceed to add a POS outlet, go to ‘outlets’ section. Then, click on ‘Add Outlet’.
Now, fill in all the required details about the POS outlet to create a new outlet.
Just after creating the POS outlet, now you can proceed to assign products to the outlet. You can assign the product to an outlet in the following two ways:
Either you can assign products to an outlet one by one or all the products to the outlet in one go.
To assign a product to an outlet, select the products that you want to assign & click on “Save & Stay” or “Save” button.
After assigning the product to an outlet, you also need to activate them for the POS. Please refer the screenshot.
You can also edit quantity of the product & its combinations by clicking on the ‘edit’ button.
After successfully creating an outlet & assigning the products to it, you also need to activate the POS outlet.
Assign employees to the Point of Sale outlet
Sellers can also assign an employee to the outlet. You can also choose to assign multiple employees to the POS outlet. But, in order to assign multiple employees to the outlet, you will need to install the MP seller staff module first.
Now, select the employee & the outlet to which you want to assign this employee.
After assigning the employee to the outlet, you must activate the employee to allow them to log in into the POS.
This was all about the management of POS at the seller’s end. Now, let’s check the working at POS end.
In order to use the POS terminal, firstly sign-in to the POS shop with the employees credential.
View all the products assigned to the POS outlet on the home page of POS.
Click on the product to add it to the cart & proceed to checkout.
Now, select the customer & his/her address to proceed to place the order.
Select the payment mode through which the customer wants to pay & click on ‘validate’ to place the order.
After successfully creating the order at POS end, you can now proceed to print the POS invoice of the order.
To print the invoice, you’ll need to configure the printer with POS as per the directions stated below:
1. Install Java 8 or the higher version from the link: https://java.com/en/download/
2. Download QZ tray from the link: https://qz.io/download/
3. Install it as a typical program on your PC
4. Launch the QZ tray application
5. Configure the printer name in the backend POS configuration page.
Under the ‘Order’ section, you can find all the orders created at POS.
That brings us to the end of basic workflow of the POS.
To know more about the workflow of POS, please refer the link.
POS Dashboard at Seller’s end
The dashboard containing all the data of orders, transactions, best-selling products of POS is also available at the Seller’s end.
With the information about the dashboard, we are finally at the end of the working of Prestashop Marketplace POS module.
To know more about other POS extensions developed by webkul, check the list at :
For any kind of technical assistance, just raise a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com and for any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Product Version - 5.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x