Prestashop Point of Sale System is a web-based POS solution that facilitates the store owner to manage multiple physical stores and synchronize them to your eCommerce store. Synchronize your store data (orders, customers, product listings) with POS outlets.
Create multiple sales agents and assign them to the respective POS outlets. POS panels for physical stores from where sales agents can search the products, place orders, manage customers, apply vouchers, process returns.
Connect your POS system with the barcode scanner, printer, and cash drawer to speed up the purchase process on your physical stores. Also, our POS system works in an offline mode. So, even if the internet connection is not available your sales agents can process the orders.
Offer multiple payment methods such as cash, debit or credit card to the customers. Also, there is a split payment option that enables the customers to use more than one payment method to pay for the order.
Track the transactions done via various payment methods in POS with cash register. Record cash withdrawal & deposit, and set closing balance at the time of closing the register.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
Check the overview of the plugin in the video mentioned-below –
Note: The point of Sale System module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x and multi-store feature.
Features of Prestashop Point of Sale system
- Add multiple physical stores and associate products with them.
- Add multiple sales agents and assign them to POS outlets.
- A separate panel for sales agents from where they can manage sales and customers.
- Add products to the POS cart in two ways: on clicking the product or by scanning the barcode.
- Update product quantity, price, and apply the discount on products & orders.
- Add customer profile from POS panel by entering the basic details.
- Edit customer details while processing an order.
- Create order from POS panel in an offline mode.
- POS system automatically syncs offline orders to online after restoring of internet connection.
- Customers can choose to pay for their orders via cash or card or in split form(partial payment via cash or card).
- Put an order on hold and retrieve it to complete the order at a later stage.
- View a list of transactions done via different payment methods in POS with cash register.
- Our POS system supports multiple languages and currencies.
- Print the sales receipt after the completion of the order.
- Connect cash drawer to POS printer to open after printing the sales receipt.
- Synchronize Prestashop product quantity with POS outlet quantity.
- Stock quantity for each product is displayed in the POS panel.
- Number of products added in cart is also displayed in the POS panel.
- Display product’s original price and stock location on POS panel.
- Configure order status to be assigned to the order upon its validation in POS.
- Automatically generate barcode for products.
- A new stock update button is added to the POS panel to synchronize stock between PrestaShop store and POS.
- POS dashboard to view sales, the number of orders received, and net profits from a particular POS outlet.
- Also, view top cashier and top selling products in the POS dashboard.
- POS system supports guest checkout.
- Admin can easily enable/disable/delete the POS outlet.
- Option given to add custom product on POS at run time.
- Ability to redeem voucher partially.
- It supports the PS Specific Price Rule.
- Always a notification sound when any error on POS panel
- Use keyboard shortcuts and number keys for the on-screen keypad
How to install the PrestaShop Point of Sale System Module
- Firstly, Go to Module Manager in Back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- Now, Drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
POS Management – Admin’s End
After the successful installation of the module, a new tab “Manage POS” adds to configure the module settings.
Note that the module configuration can be set in multi languages.
Change product price in cart
Suppose, an employee has added a product to the cart.
If admin has selected “Price (Tax Excluded) in “Change Product Price in cart” field. Now, when an employee changes the product price then “tax excluded price” will also change as shown below:
If admin has selected “Price (Tax Included) in “Change Product Price in cart” field. Now, when an employee changes the product price then “tax included price” will also change as shown below:
Show price without any reduction in POS panel
If enabled, then the original price of the product will also display in POS panel.
Show stock location on POS panel
If enabled, then product’s stock location will displayed in POS panel as show in the below screenshot.
The admin can enable cash register to:
- Track the transactions done on POS in the register.
- View a list of orders placed via specific payment method.
- Record opening balance to calculate the earning in a day.
- Record cash withdrawal and deposit.
- Set closing balance for payment modes.
Once the admin has enabled cash register field, a new tab “Cash Management” gets available in the POS panel where the sales agent can view the incoming and outgoing transactions of the POS outlet.
To understand the functionality of cash register in detail please go through the link.
While configuring the “Product Settings”, admin has to:
- Set number of characters for product name which will be visible on POS.
- Specify the product quantity for a low stock warning so that once the product quantity gets equal to or less than this quantity then a low stock warning sign will display on POS.
- Select the parameters with which an employee can search for a product on POS.
- Select barcode search type either UPC or EAN.
- Enable/Disable the display of tag on combination products on POS.
Note: This POS module is not compatible with Advance Stock Management feature of Prestashop 1.6.
Front End View
Show Outlet Product Active on Assign
If enabled, then after assigning the product to an outlet the POS status will be active which means that the product assigned to an outlet is active on POS.
By default, the guest checkout is disabled in Prestashop point of sale system as only the registered customers can place an order.
Admin can enable guest checkout by setting up a default email id which can be used for placing all the guest orders. Also, select the default parameter to search the customer at POS end.
If you enable customer group selection, then you can assign groups to the customer at POS end. To do so, edit the customer detail and assign the group.
Now, you can also search the customer by their name, email and phone number. This will enhance the customer search functionality at POS end.
Under “Payment Methods”, the admin can:
- Select payment modes which that will be available to employees on POS.
- Choose payment method to be used in case of order return.
- Configure order status that will be assigned to the order upon validation on POS.
Under “Order Receipt” admin can:
- Choose which type of printing you want to use.
- Enter the printer name with which system gets connected.
- Enable/Disable the display of product discount, order discount, and barcode on order receipt.
- Enable/Disable sending of email to customer through POS when his order gets placed.
- Enable cash drawer to open it on the command of invoice printing. Cash drawer is an integral part of the POS which is used to manage daily cash transactions of the shop.
Our module supports ESCPOS language. For raw printing, the POS printer/ thermal printer which you are using must support ESCPOS language.
How to configure Printer
Before using the printer, follow the instructions given below:
1. Install Java 8 or the higher version from the link: https://java.com/en/download/
2. Download the QZ tray from the link: https://qz.io/download/
3. Install it as a typical program on your PC
4. Launch the QZ tray application
5. Configure the printer name in the backend POS configuration page.
In order to check the compatibility of the POS printer with our POS. Please open the link. Then, select ESC/POS language and then print.
The module also supports HTML printing.
Front End View
In the case of raw printing, the following page opens at the POS end.
In the case of HTML printing, the following page will open at POS end. Here, the sales agent can choose to simply save this file as PDF or print it via a selected printer.
Payment method, tendered amount, and change amount are displayed on invoice receipt.
In case the products need to be delivered, the admin can enable shipping and select the shipping methods that will be available on POS.
If shipping is enabled, then customer’s delivery address will display on invoice receipt.
Add Custom Product
The POS cashier/employee can quickly create items not yet available in stores and add them to shopping cart in seconds.
Admin can add/manage outlets by navigating through Manage POS->Outlets.
After saving the outlet details admin can assign products to the outlet.
Admin can assign all the Prestashop products to an outlet at once by clicking on “Assign All product” button.
Admin can also assign specific products to the outlet by clicking on “Assign Product” button.
The sales agent can select the language and currency for the POS outlet if admin has assigned multiple languages and currencies to the outlet from the backend.
In POS Dashboard, admin can view the complete statistics for POS. Admin can view total sales, number of orders, average cart value, and net profit from POS as well as the Prestashop store.
Admin can check the total sales that have been generated from POS as well as the Prestashop store.
Number of orders received
Admin can view the number of orders received from POS as well as the Prestashop store.
Average Cart Value
In POS dashboard, admin can also view the average cart value for POS and Prestashop store as well.
In POS dashboard, admin can also view the Net profits earned from POS as well as the Prestashop store.
Top Selling Products
Assigning Customer Groups
Adding Sales Employees
Current Product Version - 5.3.0
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x