Prestashop Marketplace Braintree Payment- The module will let the sellers on your site to have their buyers pay through braintree payment method. Now buyers will not be redirected to any other site while making their payment. They can pay using their credit card details while staying on the store page.
There will be a split in the payment once the buyer pays. The seller’s share will be transferred to seller’s account and the admin share will be sent to admin account.
- Braintree payment method added to your site.
- Buyers will not be redirected to another site.
- Payment split to the seller and the admin.
- Payment can only be done in USD.
- Both the admin and seller must be domiciled in the US and receive funding in USD
- Admin can enable/disable payment method.
- Admin can view all braintree transaction details in separate tab.
- Admin can even save the buyers transaction details by “enable vault” from configuration.
- Admin can enable/disable the “hold in escrow”, to hold seller share.
- Admin can refund the order as per request made by customer.
For installing Prestashop Marketplace Braintree Payment module you need to install Prestashop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace module first. After installing marketplace module you can start the installation of Prestashop Marketplace Braintree Payment.
After installing marketplace module you can start the installation of Prestashop Marketplace Braintree Payment.
- Go to the back office-> modules -> Upload a module
- Upload zip file of “Marketplace Braintree Payment” module
- The module will automatically get installed on your Prestashop.
Module succesfully installed.
Configuring the Module
After installing the module, admin has to configure the module.
- Sandbox is enabled for the testing purpose, if it is disabled by the admin then production keys will be used in the required fields.
- If you enable the Escrow then you can hold the seller amount in Braintree Escrow account.
- If you disable the Escrow then the seller amount will transferred to seller account as soon as buyer made the payment.
How to get the API keys
Admin must have account on www.braintreepayment.com,only then the admin can have the API keys required for setting up braintree payment gateway on the site.
You can use the production keys if you are using it for live site or you can use sandbox keys for testing purpose.
Note:- According to braintree marketplace compatibility both the admin and seller must be domiciled in the US and receive funding in USD.
Once sign in,Go to account->my user,there you will find API keys.
You will get ‘merchant account id’ from settings->processing.
Note:- You can create “marketplace merchant account” only when you will select the country as “U.S.A” before creating account on braintree. Country selection button is available at the bottom of the braintree sandbox home page.
Workflow – Front end
After the configuration, the seller will get a new tab added to the marketplace account.
Seller will provide all the personal, business and funding information under this tab.
Note:- Under the funding information seller can give their-
Now, the buyer will get braintree payment gateway while purchasing items from the store.
When the user click on the “braintree payment gateway”, then they wont get redirected to other site. They will remain on your site and will provide the card details here.
This way, without redirected to any other site the buyer can place the order.
Admin can see all the transactions made by braintree payment gateway,by visiting braintree account on www.braintreepayment.com
Note:- In the transaction tab, admin can select sellers to see their transactions only.
Admin can also see the transaction details of a particular buyer, by visiting vault in braintree account.
Workflow – Back end
A new tab is added i.e. braintree payment, here all the transaction details are available to the admin.
Note:- The amount will split between the admin and seller.
Admin transaction amount:- It shows the shipping and admin product amount,received by admin.
Seller transaction amount:- It shows the seller product amount after deducting commission charges,received by seller.
Admin commission:- It shows the commission amount, which is received by the admin.
In braintree the amount paid by buyer is first send for settlement to braintree. After settlement, the braintree transfer seller and admin amount to their braintree accounts according to the configuration done by admin.
The amount will be transferred as soon as amount is settled by braintree only when admin has disabled the Escrow setting at backend.
If admin has enabled the “braintree escrow”, then amount will be hold by braintree escrow account.
- If a refund request is initiated by the buyer and the status is still “submitted for settlement”, then admin can refund the amount by “void transaction”. This will change the status to “voided” and then braintree will refund the amount to buyer.
- If the status is still “submitted for settlement”, then admin cannot release seller share from the braintree escrow account to seller’s braintree account
- If the amount is settled, then admin will refund the amount by “refund” button if refund request is initiated by the buyer.
- Admin can release seller share from “braintree escrow account” to seller’s braintree account using “release from Escrow” button, if the amount is settled by braintree but braintree is holding amount in Escrow account.
This module is providing buyers with a new payment gateway i.e. braintree payment gateway for easy and successful payments.
For any kind of technical assistance, just raise a ticket at : http://webkul.uvdesk.com and for any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Product Version - 5.0.2
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x