In eCommerce, the serviceability of the store & user experiences both matters a lot. Even though the result might seem inconsequential at first, but it always creates a long-lasting effect on the customer’s mind. Nowadays, many merchants are focusing more on integrating features that can considerably enhance user experience. Apart from the products, customers also take the shopping experience with them. And, that is one of the things that force them to consider shopping from your shop next time. That’s why we are bringing you the module with an aim to let your customers log in to the shop using username & password only. The module is Prestashop Login By Username.
The module helps your customers to choose/customize a username at the time of registration. Using the username, they can easily login to the shop afterwards. Shop Owner also gets to create a username if he/she is creating customer account on customer’s behalf.
Check the overview of the plugin in the video mentioned-below –
Features of the Prestashop Login By Username module
- Offer customers to register or log in using the username only.
- No need to enter an email & password in order to log in to your account anymore.
- Enable or disable the requirement of username for registration of customer.
- Choose to show or hide the username suggestions from the registration page.
- Customers can see whether the username is available or not at the time of registration.
- Customers will also get various suggestions to set the username at the time of registration.
How to install the Prestashop Login By Username module
- Firstly, go to the module manager in back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the Prestashop Login By Username module
After successful installation of the module, proceed to configure the module. There are two options in the configuration settings. So let’s just understand them one by one.
- Username requirement: If active, then the user will necessarily need to choose the username.
- Show suggestions for username: Enable the option to show suggestions to the user while choosing the username.
In this way, the module configuration will be successful.
Login by Username-Workflow
Create username at the time of registration
At the time of registration, a customer will need to enter the username. He/she can either customize the username or select one out of the suggested options.
Note:- The suggested usernames are the combination of ‘first name’, ‘last name’, ‘date of birth’ & allowed special characters( i.e. @._).
Suppose any username was created by the customer or admin earlier & it was deleted afterwards. Even then, the username will be available if anyone has not used the username till then.
At ‘Login Page’, Customer can now easily sign in to his/her account with the help of username & password only.
If anyone proceeds to order as a guest, then he/she will not need to enter ‘username’. They will only need to create the username if they proceed to create an account too while ordering as a guest.
While creating any customer from the backend, the admin will also get the option of entering a username for any customer. Suggestions for the username will be available at the admin’s end too if it’s active from configuration settings.
An admin can also see the username of customer on the customer’s list.
Upon clicking on any customer block, admin can also view username of the customer on customer details page.
So, this was all about Prestashop Login by Username Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Do you want to offer your customers to login by mobile, then do checkout the blog.
Current Product Version - 4.0.3
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x