Increase your sales by adding the most preferred mode of payment by the customers to your store.
With this module, you can allow your customers to pay for the order at the time of delivery. As many customers dither to use credit/debit card due to online fraud risks, by allowing them to pay after they receive their order will let you gain their trust and thus generate more traffic on the store.
- Charge a fixed amount of fee on the order or percent value of order total.
- You can also apply fixed amount plus percent value of order amount on order total.
- Restrict the access of this payment option for selected user group(s), country(ies), manufacturer(s), supplier(s), category(ies), and the products.
- Select the carrier(s) and currency(ies) with which you do not want to show the payment method.
- Allows you to set a minimum and maximum order value on which this payment option will be available.
- Set the purchase amount on which the fee will not be applied which in turn encourages the customers to shop more to avail free delivery.
- Gain customers confidence as more customers do not feel secured sharing their bank/card details online and prefer paying on delivery thus resulting in increased sales conversion.
- Provide cash on delivery in the areas where the facility is not available by setting new configuration state/country wise.
- Identify loyal customers on the store by providing the payment method access only to those customers who have placed a configured minimum number of successful orders.
- Text with defined keywords to display the customized message on the checkout and order confirmation page.
- Set the predefined status of the orders placed using cash on delivery payment method.
- Set minimum number of orders a customer need to place successfully on the store to have an access to this payment option.
- Go to the back office-> modules -> modules & services -> Upload a module.
- Upload zip file of “Cash On Delivery” module.
- The module will automatically get installed on your Prestashop.
After the successful installation of the module, a new tab “Cash On Delivery” gets available from where admin can configure the module settings.
Under “Fee Settings”, admin can configure the rules for calculating the fee amount on the order value. Admin can set COD fee as fixed amount, percentage of the order value, or ‘fixed amount+percentage’.
- Fixed Amount Fee
Once the order gets completed customer can view payment method name and the customized message set for the payment method by admin on the order confirmation page.
once the customer has paid for an order via cash on delivery method, admin can also view it in the orders as shown below:
- Percentage Fee
If admin has selected Percentage as Fee type then a percent of the order value will be applied as COD fee.
- Minimum fee applicable on the cart
If COD fee amount whether set as fixed, percentage, or fixed+percentage is lower than the fee set by admin in this field, then the minimum fee amount will be applied on the cart.
Suppose admin has set ‘fixed amount fee’ as $ 5 and percentage fee as 10, and minimum fee as 10. Now, if a customer has ordered a product worth $29, then a minimum fee of $10 will be applied on the cart.
- Maximum fee applicable on the cart
If COD fee amount whether set as fixed, percentage, or Fixed Amount + Percentage is higher than the fee set by admin in this field, then the maximum fee amount will be applied on the cart.
Suppose admin has set ‘fixed amount fee’ as $ 20 and percentage fee as 10, and maximum fee as 15. Now, if a customer has ordered the products worth $87, then a maximum fee of $15 will be applied on the cart.
Under “Restrictions”, admin can select the group(s) of customers, country(ies), carrier(s), currency(ies), manufacturer(s), supplier(s), category(ies), and the product(s) for which the payment option will be restricted.
Admin can set minimum & maximum order amount and maximum product weight on which the payment option will not be available.
Only those customers who have placed the minimum number of orders successfully set by admin will have an access to this payment option. This will help admin in identifying its loyal customers and thus reducing fake orders on the store.
Adding New Configuration
In Prestashop Cash On Delivery, admin can add a new configuration for the specific country or state of that country.
Admin can add the new configuration by clicking on “Add new configuration” button. Fee rules configured by admin here will be applicable for the orders received from the selected state or country.
After adding the configuration, admin can edit or delete it.
Current Product Version - 5.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x