Prestashop Bundle Products – Do you wish to offer a product that consists of two or more than two products? If yes, then Prestashop bundle product is what you should be looking for. The Prestashop Bundle Product module enables you to create a bundle product by combining multiple products.
Now, create two types of bundle product with the help of this module. The two types of bundle product are namely normal bundle product & custom bundle product.
Normal bundle product consists of some specific products. Here, a customer doesn’t get an option to choose products which he/she may wish to buy from the bundle. Whereas, the custom bundle product will allow your customers to choose products of their choice from available sections.
Additionally, the Prestashop Bundle Products also provides an option of advanced feature. This option enables store owners to add quantity-wise discount on the sections of the bundle product. The feature also allows you to add all products of a category/sub-category in one go.
- Prestashop Bundle Product module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x and multi-store feature.
- Prestashop Bundle Product module is compatible with catalog’s new product page.
- You can not use the customization feature in the bundle product.
Check the overview of the plugin in the video mentioned-below –
Prestashop Company ? Find out More
Features of Prestashop Bundle Products
- Add minimum of two products to create a bundle.
- Create a custom or a normal bundle product.
- Set quantity of the sub-products of bundle.
- Enable/disable advanced feature of the bundle product.
- Allow customers to add multiple products from the same section of a bundle.
- Add same products in different sections of a bundle.
- Add a bundle with the virtual products.
- Display the info of bundle product on the product page.
- Select slider view or grid view for the sub-products of bundle.
- Show select button for products of sections in slider view.
- Manage section header background and text color.
- Set slider icon header background and text color.
- Choose to update the quantity of the sub-products of bundle.
- Create various sections under a bundle product.
- Enable or disable sections of the bundle product.
- Set selection of products from sections as necessary or optional.
- Choose to add multiple products in a bundle in one go.
- Allow customers to choose the quantity of the sub-products of bundle.
- Set quantity-wise discount for the sub-products of a section.
- Allow global discount on the bundle product.
- Configure section-wise discount on the bundle product.
- Set specific price of the bundle product.
- Choose to apply tax on the bundle product.
- Apply tax on sub-products of bundle individually.
- Sub-products of a bundle display separately on the order details page.
- Create bundle order on customer’s behalf from the back office.
- Display the selected sub-products of a bundle on the cart pop-up and checkout page.
- Create a normal bundle product by adding one product in each section.
- View details of sub-products of bundle on invoice & delivery slip too.
- Enable/disable the application of customer group discount on bundle price.
- Auto select a product when combination of a sub-product gets change.
- Hide/Show bundle products section for a fixed bundle.
- Allow “fly to section” effect when sub-products of a bundle are chosen.
- Swipe feature to view sub-products on mobile devices.
In Prestashop Bundle Product version 1.6.x.x,the users cannot add same bundle product multiple times in a single cart. They need to purchase first one before adding other.
How to install the module
- Go to Module Manager in Back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- Now, Drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
Prestashop Bundle Products Configuration
Admin can manage the bundle product settings from the general tab of the module configuration.
From this section admin can choose two different views for sub-products of the bundle on the product page. The two different views for the product page are namely Slider view & Grid view.
On the other hand, the admin can also manage:
- Product selection animation.
- Swipe action on mobile
- Bundle section background and text colors.
This section is particularly added for the better functioning of the module. Although the selectors are already filled according to Prestashop Classic Theme, it’s possible that it might not work correctly with your custom theme. Hence, in order to make the work easier, we have provided these fields where you can add selectors for various fields & buttons by yourself. In case, if you face any difficulty while adding selectors, please raise a ticket here. We would be more than happy to assist you.
Create a new bundle product
To create a new bundle product, you need to follow the same process as you do for creating a normal product.
With the installation of the module, two new options add under Basic settings.
First one is an option to choose whether it will be a bundle product or not. (Refer Image)
Another option is available to choose whether you want to decrease product quantity or not.
If you have enabled to decrease product quantity. Then, the quantity of the sub-products of bundle will also decrease with a decrease in the quantity of the bundle product.
Here, you can view various sections created for the bundle product. These sections help us to create a custom bundle product.
Under a section, There are some options which need even more explanation apart from the image. Those options are:
- Active: Choose to activate or deactivate this particular section.
- Section Required: Enable this option to make selection of product from this section necessary.
- Allow customer to choose quantity: Enable this option to allow your customers’ to choose the quantity of the sub-products from the bundle.
- Minimum quantity: Here admin needs to specify the minimum quantity that a customer can buy.
- Maximum Quantity: Admin can defined the maximum total number of quantities which a customer can purchase from this section.
- Allow quantity wise discount: Admin can enable this option to set different discount criteria based on the number of quantities added by customers.
When admin clicks on Edit Combinations, a popup appears on the screen from where he can change the quantity of combinations and default combination.
In this section, select delivery time & carriers for the bundle product.
Under this section, some additional feature to set discount & tax on bundle product are provided.
Under this section, set SEO parameters to improve the visibility of the product.
Add Virtual Products in Bundle
Our Prestashop Bundle Products extension facilitates the store admin to add virtual products along with standard products in a bundle.
In the above screenshot we can see a virtual product added in the section by admin.
Front End View
Post-installation, a new category with name “BUNDLE PRODUCTS” is added on the store front. Customers can view all the products added by admin from the back office by clicking on it.
The two views are available to display the bundle product:
As configured by admin from the back office, a customer can add multiple products from the same section of a bundle.
If enabled by admin, the select button will display in the slider view as shown in the below screenshot.
The grid view displays various sections of bundle product in grids. To deselect a product, just click on the selected product again.
Admin can change the section header and slide icon background text colors.
Advanced Feature of Bundle
The advanced feature of the module adds the following options in the Edit Section tab.
Add products for bundle: You can add products to bundle in the following two ways.
- Bulk Selection: Add all of the products of a category or sub-category in a section in one go.
- Manual Selection: Add all of the products of a category or sub-category in a section in one go.
Split Bundle Product on Order
If this field is set to YES, then all the sub-products of a bundle will appear separately on the order details page.
If the field is disabled, then the details of sub-products ordered in a bundle will display in a single row as shown below:
Show reserved quantity on normal product
Suppose the available quantity of a product Ring1 is 100 and the quantity of the same product available for bundle is 50. If “Show reserved quantity on normal product” is enabled, then the customer can purchase 50 quantities of the product Ring 1 i.e. 100 (Product Quantity) – 50 (Quantity reserved for bundle) = 50.
In the above screenshot, we can see the excluded quantity of sub-product of bundle is shown on the normal product page.
If admin adds the same product in different bundles, then in such case quantity of a normal product will be based on the highest quantity set for the product in different bundles. Lets understand with the help of an example.
Suppose admin has created two bundle products: Jewellery Collection and Rings Collection. For the bundle Jewellery Collection he has added 50 quantity for the product Ring1 and for Rings Collection he added 60 quantity of the same product.
Now, as per the setting 40 quantity of Ring1 will display on the normal product page.
Also, on the edit product page admin can view a list of bundles to which the product is associated.
Allow customer to select multiple products from same section
With this option, admin can allow the customers to select multiple products from the same section of the bundle.
Add same products in bundle
This option enables admin to add same products in different sections of a bundle. Suppose admin has added two sections and wants to add a product Ring4 in both the sections.
In the above screenshot we can see that the product Ring4 is added to the Fashion Rings section.
If admin disables “Add same products in bundle” field then he won’t be able to add the same product in different section of a bundle.
On the other hand, if this field is enabled then he can add the same product in Casual Rings section as show in the below screenshot:
Show Bundle Sub-products on shopping cart pop-up and checkout page:
If admin has enabled the display of bundle sub-products on the cart pop-up then all the products chosen by the customer in the bundle will be shown.
Similarly, if admin enables the display of sub-products information on the checkout page, then the sub-products will be shown as:
Customer group discount on Bundle: This option allows admin to enable/disable the customer group discount benefit on the bundle product price.
If disabled, then customer group discounts will not be applicable on the bundle product price.
Select product on combination change: Admin can choose whether to automatically keep the product selected when the customer changes the product combination, or whether customer need to manually select the product again once they change the product combination.
If this option is enabled. Once the customer changes the product combination, they will have to again manually select the product.
If this option is disabled, then the product will not have be selected again.
Hide Bundle product selection: If admin has created a bundle with fixed products i.e. only 1 product per section, where customers do not get the option to select products. In this case admin can hide the display of bundle sections from the customers.
If enabled, the bundle product sections on the left side will not be displayed.
Customers will also not get to choose products from such bundle, as there is only 1 fixed product in each section.
If a product is available along with the bundle, then a section to show the relevant bundle on the product page will also display.
And, if the product is available in more than 2 bundle products, then the bundle products will show in a slider in this section.
Create Section of the Bundle Product
Now, coming back to the part of Section creation again. In this part, we will see the significance & use of various options.
As per settings, the first two sections of the bundle product are necessary & third section is optional.
Hence, the customer only needs to select a product from the first & second section to place an order of the bundle product.
Here, the customer has selected Ring 1 & Necklace 1 of ₹40 & ₹18.90 respectively. As the third section of the product was optional, customer can proceed to order without selecting any of the product from the 3rd section.
Quantity wise discount
Offer discounts to the customers on the basis of the quantity. Set the range of the quantity & their corresponding discount.
According to the example settings, if any customer tries to buy ≤ 5 quantity or ≥ 1 quantity of the product, then 20% of discount will be applied.
On the other hand, if the customer wishes to buy more than 5 quantity then 30% of the discount will be applied.
The customer chose to buy 8 quantity of Ring 1. Now, let’s see how the calculation of price is taking place.
The price of Ring 1 is ₹40.
8 quantity of this Ring 1 would cost ₹320.
There is a 30% discount if someone buy more than 5 quantity.
30% of ₹320 is ₹96. Therefore, the effective price of the product will be ₹320-₹96 = ₹224.
In another case, the customer wishes to buy 4 quantity of Ring 1. Now, let’s see how the calculation of price will take place.
The price of Ring 1 is ₹40.
4 quantity of this Ring 1 would cost ₹160.
There is a 20% discount if someone buy less than 5 quantity.
20% of ₹160 is ₹32. Hence, the effective price of the product will be ₹160-₹32 = ₹128.
Prestashop Bundle Products – Pricing
In an earlier instance of pricing, I mentioned that we will take this section in detail.
Now, let’s see what are the available options under this section & what is their significance.
Available options under this section are:
- Price: The price of the bundle product purely depends on the products selected by the customer from different sections.
- Bundle discount type: You can provide discounts on the bundle in 4 different ways.
- Tax on bundle: You can choose to apply tax on bundle product or on their sub-products. Also, select the tax rate for the bundle product.
Case 1 : Do not apply and discount.
In this case, no discount & tax rule of FR Taux réduit (10%) is applicable on the bundle.
So, when the customer from India tries purchase the product, tax of 12% will be applicable.
Case 2: Global discount rate.
A global discount of 10% will be applicable on the bundle product. No tax is applicable on the bundle product.
Now, a global discount of 10% will be applicable on bundle & its sub-products.
Case 3: Section wise discount
Now, section-wise discount is applicable on the bundle product.
A discount of 20%, 40% & 60% is applicable on the Rings, Necklace & Bracelet respectively.
As per the different discounts set for each section,
- 20% discount on price applicable in Rings section.
- 40% discount on price applicable in Cushion section.
- 60% discount on price applicable in Bracelet section.
Case 4: Bundle specific price
Admin can also select specific price of the bundle product. The functionality of a specific price is same as Prestashop.
Here, admin has fixed the price of bundle product to ₹100 for all customers, groups, currencies & countries.
Irrespective of the products selected by the customer, the price of the bundle product will be fixed at ₹100.
Create Normal Bundle Product
Admin can also choose to create a normal bundle product. Under normal bundle product, a customer does not have an option to choose products from various sections.
To create a normal bundle product, admin just need to add one product in each section.
Under such scenario, a customer can not customize the bundle with products that he/she may wish to buy.
A customer can order this bundle product with its existing sub-products only.
A customer can also select a combination of the product, if the bundle contains products with combinations.
The price of the bundle product will depend on the combination selected by the customer.
Bundle product display during order process.
Customers will be able to view the sub-products of the bundle on various places as shown below:
Shopping Cart Summary
Order confirmation page
Customer order details page
Admin order listing page:
Admin can view in the order listing whether an order has bundle products or not.
Back office order details page
Once the customer has placed an order for the bundle product, they will receive an order confirmation email in which they can view the sub-products and their quantities ordered.
Split bundle products after order
If Admin has configured the module, to split the bundle products after the order then in this case, each sub-product in the bundle will be listed separately.
Order Confirmation Page
Customer order detail page
We can see in the above screenshots that the sub-products along with quantity and price are displaying in separate rows.
Admin Order Details Page
When admin changes the status of an order to Payment Accepted, an invoice for the order will generate.
A look of Invoice (when split bundle product on order is enabled)
Invoice (when split bundle product on order is disabled and tax is applied on bundle)
Invoice (when split bundle product on order is disabled and tax is applied on bundle sub-products)
Create Bundle Order From Back Office
PrestaShop Bundle Product module allows the admin to create bundle order on customer’s behalf in the back office. Click on the “Add new order” button in the order list page.
Now, the admin needs to search and select the customer for whom he wants to create the bundle order.
Now, search and select the product under Cart.
On clicking the select sub products button, a popup appears on the page where the admin can select the sub products from the bundle sections.
Please note that the slider view option will not show on the popup.
On clicking the create order button, the admin gets redirected to the order details page where he can view bundle sub products.
Ordering a Virtual Product in a Bundle
While ordering a bundle product, a customer can select a virtual product along with standard products as show below:
As the bundle ordered by a customer contains a virtual product. So, the file associated with the product will not be available for download till admin updates the order status to “Payment Accepted”.
The link to download the file associated with the virtual product will be available once admin updates the order status to “Payment Accepted”.
This was all about Prestashop bundle products and how we can offer various products together in a bundle.
Current Product Version - 6.1.0
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x