Offer your customers fast, secure, and reliable payment option by integrating your PrestaShop store with Authorize.net payment gateway. Create custom subscription plans and let your customers subscribe to their favourite products in a few clicks.
Increase customer retention and boost loyalty on your store by refunding the order amount. Refund full or partial amount for the orders placed via Authorize.net payment gateway.
Features of Prestashop Authorize.net Payment Gateway
- Adds Authorize.net payment method to your PrestaShop store.
- Let your customers subscribe to products using Authorize.net payment option.
- Create multiple subscription plans and assign them to the products and their combinations.
- Select the payment frequency in an interval of days or months.
- Assign subscription plans to individual products and their combinations.
- Customers can view subscription plan details on the product page and subscribe to the product.
- Customers can view a list of subscriptions and their status from their accounts.
- Customers can also cancel their subscriptions.
- View a list of transactions done via Authorize.net under Transactions tab.
- Refund the full or partial order amount to the customer.
- Enable or disable the payment through HPP (Hosted Payment Page).
- Use the module in test or live mode.
- Prestashop Authorize.net Payment Gateway module is MultiShop Compatible.
Prestashop Authorize.net Payment Gateway module is compatible with PrestaShop framework version 8.x.x.
How to Install Prestashop Authorize.net Payment Gateway
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
After the successful installation of the module, you need to configure it. You need to specify the authorize.net credentials to integrate your PrestaShop store with Authorize.net. Also, you can choose to use the module in live or test mode.
now. Read More
Payment through HPP
If enabled, then the customers gets redirected to the authorize.net hosted payment page for payment. Also, you need to specify the signature key.
Please note that in case of payment through HPP, the customers cannot subscribe to the products.
If a customer purchases normal product (when payment through HPP is enabled) or subscription product (When payment through HPP is disabled) , the status of an order will be Awaiting authorize payment.
How to Get the Keys
To obtain the credentials, you need to create a sandbox account on https://developer.authorize.net/
Click on Get Started under Hello World tab.
Now click on Create Sandbox Account button.
Fill the form to create your sandbox account.
Now, specify the username and password to login.
To obtain the keys, click on API Credentials & Keys under Account tab.
For getting the notification, you need to add the URL in your authorize.net merchant account. Go to account -> Business Settings -> Webhooks -> Add Endpoint.
If payment through HPP is disabled and a customer purchase subscription, then a notification is received on URL. If payment through HPP is enabled and customer has ordered a normal product, then also a notification is received on URL
Front End Workflow
Once you have configured the module settings, a new Authorize.net payment method gets available for store customers to make the payment.
On clicking Pay by Authorize.net payment option, a popup appears on the page where the customer needs to enter the card details and zip to complete the payment.
After placing an order, the payment method name will display on the order confirmation page.
Customers can make payments for their orders in currencies selected by the merchants in their authorize.net account.
If payment through HPP is enabled
If you have enabled the option, then the customers gets redirected to the authorize.net hosted payment page. Here, the customer needs to enter the card and billing address details to complete the payment.
After making payment, the customer can view order total, billing address, and transaction ID.
On clicking the continue button, the customer redirects to the website.
After the installation of the module, a new order status “Awaiting authorize payment” gets added by default in the back office. If a customer has made the payment for an order on authorize.net hosted payment page. Then, the status of an order will be Awaiting authorize payment as shown in the below screenshot.
Create Subscription Plans
To create a new subscription plan, click on the “Add Plan” button.
On clicking the Add plan button, a form appears with following options:
- Plan name – Specify the name of the subscription plan.
- Select frequency – Select frequency of the delivery cycle in days or months.
- Frequency interval – Enter the interval between two payments.
- Cycles – Specify the number of payment cycles for which the subscription plan will be active.
Suppose you have selected frequency as months and set frequency interval and cycles as 2 and 6. Now, if a customer subscribes to a product, then payment will deduct every 2 months for 1 year.
Once added, you can view it under plans tab.
Assign products to plan
Under the plan products tab, you can assign plans to the products.
On clicking the add plan product button, a form appears on the page with following options:
- Select plan: Select the subscription plan here.
- Choose product: Choose the product to which you want to assign the subscription plan.
- Select combinations: You can select the combinations of a product on which the plan will be active. You can choose to assign the subcription plan to specific combinations or all the combinations at once.
Once assigned, you can view a list of products under the plan products tab.
You can also assign the subscription plan to the individual products. Go to catalog -> products -> edit product -> modules.
Click on Configure button under the modules tab.
Front End Workflow
The customer can view the subscription details on the product page.
After selecting the subscribe option when the customer adds a product to the cart, he can view label denoting the subscription product on the cart page.
The checkout process for purchasing product subscription will be same as the standard product.
Kindly note that if payment through HPP is enabled, then the subscription functionality will not work.
After the installation of the module, a new tab “My Authorize Subscription” gets available under in customer’s account.
From this tab, the customers can view subscriptions and track their status. Also, the customers can cancel the subscription.
A list of all the subscriptions is also available under the subscriptions tab in the back office.
View a list of all the transactions done via Authorize.net payment gateway under the transactions tab.
In the above screenshot, it can be seen that transaction ID for some of the transactions are missing. This is because the payment for an order has been done on the authorize.net hosted payment page. At the time of subscription, the transaction will create and the transaction ID gets generated.
If a customer purchases subscription, then also the transaction ID will be missing and with notification you can update transaction ID and subscription details.
On clicking the order ID, the customer gets redirected to the order details page and view the payment method used for placing order.
Also, you can manually enter the transaction ID for a transaction.
PrestaShop Authorize.net Payment Gateway extension allows you to refund the order amount. You can choose to refund the full or partial amount to the customer.
Once refunded, the status get updated under the transactions tab.
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x