Do you also wish to provide a search tool that lets your customer find products in no time? If yes, then the Prestashop advanced search module is what you need.
Advanced search option generally offers a set of filters to narrow down the search results. And, Prestashop advanced search module does exactly the same. The module lets customers narrow down their search on various parameters.
Search parameters available to eliminate irrelevant & yield user-specific results are:
Features of Prestashop advanced search module
- Displays the most relevant search results quickly.
- Choose to show search results in list, grid or detailed view.
- Enable/disable search parameters in the advanced search box.
- Show or hide ‘Add to Cart’ button with products in search results.
- Limit the number of results to show in the search box.
- Choose to show various product details in search results.
- Select search parameter to perform search in selected category.
- Set weight for various product related data to display precise & most relevant result.
How to install the module
- Go to Module Manager in Back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- Now, Drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the module
The configuration setting of the module allows you to manage settings related to advanced search.
Display Search Parameters: Show or hide various search parameters.
Search Parameters: Select search parameters to display at the front end.
Display Searched Products With: Select the details of products.
Display Add to Cart Button: Enable to display add to cart button with products in searched results.
Search Results Layout: Choose from three different layouts i.e. List, grid & detail view.
Number of results to display in search bar: Number of results to display in search results.
Placeholder text for search box: Enter placeholder text for the advanced search box.
Front-End View of Advanced Search
Advanced search box replaces the need of default search box from the store page. With the addition of advanced search module on your store, help your customers in finding products quickly.
In case, if the advanced search is disabled then the default search box will be displayed at front end of the store.
There are 3 types of display views in advanced search box.
- List View
- Grid View
- Detail View
You can also choose to view search results from different section on a single page.
To do so, enter the keyword in advanced search box & press ‘ENTER’.
Following page opens after pressing enter. Now, search results page will show results from all the sections i.e search parameters.
Advanced search module too takes account of the ‘weight’ of the product related data while performing search.
Hence, it is advisable to set greater weight for words that appear in name of reference of a product.
To set weight for details of the product, go to ‘Shop Parameters’->’Search’.
So, that sums up the functionalities & advantages of Prestashop advanced search module. The module will help to display most relevant search result by searching across multiple domains.
For any kind of technical assistance, just raise a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com and for any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Product Version - 4.0.1
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x