OpenCart WhatsApp Login extension allows store owners to integrate the WhatsApp login feature into their OpenCart store. With the help of this extension, the admin can enable the feature that allows customers to log in to your website using their WhatsApp phone number.
The guest users and registered customers can scan a QR code displayed on the screen with their phone scanner and receive a token on WhatsApp, and upon successful verification of the WhatsApp number through a token sent to the customer WhatsApp, their account is created with a default email and password.
Note- Meta offers a test access token that is valid for 24 hours only. To understand the demo’s functionality, we suggest using your own credentials.
Check the video mentioned below for an overview of the extension:
- The admin can enable/disable the module from the admin panel.
- Customers can quickly log in using their WhatsApp phone number.
- Integration of QR code allows users to easily scan and register/login to the website.
- Customers can change their Email ID and password after registering with a WhatsApp number.
- Admin can enable or disable link-based login and registration based on preferences.
- The Guest user can also log in with WhatsApp during the checkout process
Firstly, you will need to extract the downloaded zip file. After that, open the correct Opencart Version Folder.
Opencart Company ? Find out More
According to Opencart Version installed in your system upload the admin and catalog to the Opencart root directory.
Once the admin has uploaded the file, the admin will have to log in to the admin panel and then go to Extensions> Extension installer and upload the ZIP file.
The ZIP file can be found on the ocmod folder under the module directory. Under the ocmod folder, you will find the webkul_whatsapp_login.ocmod.zip file.
The admin can then navigate to Extensions > Modifications and click the Refresh button as visible in the below screenshot.
Edit User Groups
After that, go to System > Users > Usergroups and then edit ‘Administrator’. Click Select All for both Access Permission and Modify Permission and Save it.
Now navigate to Extensions > Extensions > Modules. Find the OpenCart WhatsApp Login Module from the list. Click the Install button as visible in the screenshot below.
How to Get API Credentials – Opencart WhatsApp Login
The user creates a Facebook Meta account first then login to the Meta dashboard and clicks to Create App as shown in the screenshot.
Now, the admin selects the Other option and clicks on the Next button.
Then click on the Business option to proceed further and click on the Next button.
Here the admin enters the app name and clicks on Create app button.
The admin needs to click on the Set up button for WhatsApp.
After copying the Access Token and Phone Number ID, that you need to verify their phone number through WhatsApp as shown screenshot.
Setting up Webhooks:
- Go to “Webhooks” in the product sections.
- Select “WhatsApp Business Account” from the dropdown menu.
- Click on “Subscribe to this object” to proceed.
WhatsApp Business Account Subscription:
- A new page will open where you can edit the “WhatsApp Business account subscription details”.
- The admin needs to provide the following information:
- Callback URL: The Callback URL is a web address where WhatsApp sends data and notifications for integrating with your website.
- Verify Token: In the “Verify Token” field, you can write any secret code or password that you want to use.
Note- Redirect URL should be like baseurl/index.php?route=account/wkWhatsapp/webhook
After entering the required information, click on “Verify and Save” to confirm the changes.
Subscribe to Message Feature:
- Now, the admin needs to select the category “Message.”
- Click on “Subscribe” to subscribe to the message feature.
- A confirmation message will be received, indicating that the subscription has been successfully updated.
After the module installation is completed, the admin needs to navigate to Extensions > Module > Opencart WhatsApp Login to configure the WhatsApp login by clicking on the Edit option.
Here admin will configure the General setting of the module
- Status: Enable or disable the WhatsApp Login feature.
- WhatsApp Phone ID: Enter the WhatsApp Phone ID received from Facebook Meta account.
- WhatsApp Access Token: Provide the WhatsApp Access Token from Facebook Meta account.
- WhatsApp Sender Phone Number: Enter the test number received from the Facebook Meta account.
- Login Link: Enable or disable the login link feature on the login page.
Finally, after making the desired changes, the admin will save the configuration by clicking the “Save Config” button located at the top right-hand corner of the page.
Frontend customer view
A customer visits the online store on the login page, the customer selects the WhatsApp option for Login. and click on the “Log in With WhatsApp” option.
When users click on the “Log in With WhatsApp” option” a pop-up appears with a QR code. They use their phone’s scanner to scan the QR code user taps on the lens option, and the QR code is scanned.
Once the QR code is scanned, customers are redirected to WhatsApp, where they receive a message to send the registration request.
To register, the customer clicks on the “Send” button in the WhatsApp message. This sends a request to the online store.
The store processes the request and sends an token number to verify the WhatsApp number.
Upon successful registration, Account is created with the
default email and password after verifying the WhatsApp number.
Customers can also update their email and password in their account settings.
Once the customer is logged in, and they can proceed with completing their purchase.
For returning customers and Guest Users, the option to “log with WhatsApp” is available on the checkout page, to ensure a seamless login experience during the purchase process.
That’s all for the OpenCart WhatsApp Login. If you still face any issues, feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better http://webkul.com/ticket/index.php
Current Product Version - 184.108.40.206
Supported Framework Version - 3.x.x.x, 2.3.x.x