Opencart Product Chained Options: Nowadays, customers look for choices as they step out to make a purchase.
If a customer wishes to buy a dress then it is likely that he shall go for more variations.
These variations may be in terms of color, size, brand etc.
Therefore it is quite essential for the store owner to provide multiple options so that the customer has better choices to opt for while making a purchase.
Opencart Product Chained Options is one such extension which facilitates the admin of a store to allocate variations for the products.
Opencart Company ? Read More
The admin can create variations for a new product or an existing product.
The admin can also set the default and a special price for a particular product variation.
For a better shopping experience and to provide an upper hand to the customers to select from a wide range of option.The admin can also allow images for a particular product variation.
This way the admin can showcase the products more significantly and stand out in the competitive market as there are many suppliers that are selling the same product.
Here understand the extension workflow:-
Features Product Chained Options
- Admin can add variations such as brand, size, color, etc for products, so as to provide selection choices to the customers.
- The admin add a combination info-text which displays in the product page.
- The admin can enable and dissable the Entry Special Price for Customer Group.
- The Entry Price for the customer group may be enabled or disabled by the admin.
- Image/ images may be assign to the variations.
- Admin allows a maximum of 5 images for each variation.
- If set, the price for each variation combination shall flash when chosen by the customer in the frontend.
- The admin can enable a variation and if need be, can also disable any variation.
- The customers can choose any set of variation combination while making a purchase.
Installation Product Chained Options
First, extract the downloaded zip file. After that, open the correct Opencart Version Folder. According to Opencart Version installed in your system.
Edit User Groups
Configuration: Product Chained Options
The admin can configure the Opencart Products Chained Options module as follows:
a) Status- The admin can configure the module status as Enabled or Disabled.
b) Combination Info- It can be set as active or not . The admin configures this field as Enabled so as to display the text on the product page.
c) Entry Special Price Customer Group: The admin can set this field as Enabled or Disabled.
- If the Entry Special Price Customer Group field is set as enabled.
- then it shall take its value from the “Special Price” column under Catalog > Chained Options.
- If the Entry Special Price Customer Group field is set as Disabled, it takes its value configure by the admin under the Default Special Price Customer Group field.
- If the value given against the Default Special Price Customer Group field is 0 or no value is assign.
- Then it will check whether the next field-Entry Price Customer Group is enable or disable.
e) Entry Price Customer Group- Can be set as Enabled or Disabled by the admin.
- If set as Enabled, firstly, it shall check whether or not the Entry Special Price Customer Group field is set as disabled
- No value is assign against the Default Special Price Customer Group field.
- If the value assign against the Default Special Price Customer Group field is 0 or no value is assign then it will check whether the next field
- i.e. the Entry Price Customer Group is enabled or disabled.
- If the Entry Price Customer Group field is set as enabled then it shall take its value from the Price column under Catalog > Chained Options.
When the Entry Price Customer Group field is disabled,it shall take its value assign against the default price for cutomer field.
f) Default Price for customer group- The default value, which can be sue if in case the Entry Price Customer Group field is set as disabled.
- The higher priority is of the Entry Special Price Customer Group.
- If in case the Entry Special Price Customer Group is disabled, and also there is no value given against the Default Special Price Customer Group field.
Then it shall navigate to the Entry Price Customer Group and the Default Price Customer Group field.
g) Entry Number of Images- The number of images which the admin can allow to exhibit on the product page. The admin can allow uploading a maximum of 5 images.
h) Entry Price Display- The admin can Enable this tab in order to display the price for each combination chosen by the customer.
i) Display Option Image- The admin can Enable this tab to allow to display of the options images which shall be visible under the main product image.
Product Layout Settings
To configure the product layout the admin needs to go to the Designs > Layouts. Click Edit products and will reach Edit Layout section.
Tabular Demonstration: Chained Options
The admin can add variations for a new product or existing products.
In order to create variations for products, the admin will have to navigate through Catalog > Chained Options.
A List Chained Options page opens up. On clicking the Add or Plus button on the top right corner, the admin can add variations for a new product.
In the List chained Options page, a list of products is also present.
If the admin chooses to create variations for a new product, then the admin can simply tap on the tab against the Product option and choose from the list of products that displays.
The admin can choose to create variations for the existing product as well.
On clicking the “Select All Options” button, a pop up shall display as shown in the image below.
The admin needs to select the variations applicable for the product chosen such as Size and Brand chosen by the admin in the image below.
Thereafter, the admin can proceed and click on the “Create Variation” tab.
The admin can configure the values of the variations as follows:
Size: The variation chosen by the admin for the product.
Brand: The variation chosen by the admin for the product.
Enter Quantity: Add the quantity for each of the Variation which is created.
For instance, the admin allocates the quantity as 10 for L Size of LeeCooper Brand and quantity 20 for the L Size of the Nike Brand.
Variation Status: Set the status of the variation as Enabled or Disabled in order to activate or deactivate the variation.
Subtract Stock: The admin can set this field as Yes or No. If a variation is purchase by the buyer,
then that variation stock will be deduct from the Quantity of the variation.
Price: Add the default price for the respective variation.
Special Price: Add the additional price for the respective variation.
Dimensions: Set the values for the dimensions such as Length, Width, Height.
Weight: Set the value for the Weight.
Combination Info: The admin adds a text which displays in the product page as the customer chooses a variation combination.
Action: Under the Action column, the admin can Delete a particular variation.
Customer End Workflow
The customers can log in to the frontend and login to make a purchase.
This text shall be visible on the product page only if the admin configures the Combination Info tab as enabled.
Under Available Options, the buyer can choose the variations such as “Size and Brand” as shown.
The price shall flash as per the variation combination thatischoosen by the buyer
For instance, if the customer chooses the Size as M and Brand as LeeCooper, the price for this variation combination is $4.05.
If the customer chooses the Size as L and Brand as LeeCooper, the price for this variation combination shall be different, let’s say, $7.
The information about the order shall be visible under the Order History tab as shown in the image below. That’s all for the Opencart Product Chained Options module. If you still have any issues, feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views on our Webkul Support System.
Current Product Version - 126.96.36.199
Supported Framework Version - 3.x.x.x