The Opencart Order Attachments extension, let the customer upload required attachments to their orders. Because orders for the product like drugs, pharmacy or medicines require a medical prescription. Also, orders for guns or heavy machinery require docs like licenses, etc.
Therefore, using this module, the customer can upload these necessary and important attachments like the prescription, license, images to their orders conveniently.
The customers can upload the attachments during the checkout process. And, can even upload the attachments to the orders after checkout if forgets. The admin can view, accept, or deny the order attachments uploaded by the customer.
Check the order attachment plugin flow –
- Conveniently add the order attachments at the time of checkout.
- The customer can upload order attachments while placing the order.
- The customer can upload order attachments even after the order is placed.
- The customers add comments while uploading order attachments.
- The customers can add multiple attachments(max 3) for a single order.
- The admin can see uploaded order attachments by the customer.
- The admin can deny or accept uploaded order attachments.
- The customer can upload new attachments if the admin disapproves the old attachments.
- Order status can be configured for the approved and denied attachments.
- Email is sent to customers when an attachment is denied.
- This module supports registered as well as guest users.
- The customer can add PDF in attachment.
- The customer received mail while the attachment got approved or denied.
- If admin denied order attachment, then user can upload another prescription and admin/user both got an email and the status at admin end get changes to permission required.
- If the order gets completed then the plugin permitted the user to uplaod the prescription for that order.
Installation of the module is easy. Under the module zip, there are 3 folders admin, catalog, and system, you just need to upload these folders to the root directory of the website.
Opencart Company ? Find out More
Now log in to admin backend and navigate through Extensions -> Extension Installer. Click the Upload button and browse the Zip file, this file is in the ocmod folder. Please select the correct ocmod folder. According to your Opencart version installed in your system.
After uploading the Zip file, please navigate through Extensions > Modifications. Now, click the Refresh button as visible in below screenshot.
Edit User Groups
After that, in Admin panel go to System -> Users -> Usergroup and edit ‘Administrator’ and select all for both Access and Modify Permission then save it.
After that under Extension > Modules install the module as shown below.
Opencart Order Attachments module supports multiple languages. So, this section will describe how to make the module work in different languages. Please check this link for language translation
After the module installation, the admin can easily configure the module settings. For this, the admin will navigate to Extensions -> Modules as per the below image.
Here, select the module and then click on the Edit icon. This will navigate the admin to the module configuration page as per the below image.
Here, the admin will:
- Status – Enable or disable the module as per the choice.
- Accept Order Status – Define the order status when the order with attachments gets approved or accepted by the admin.
- Denied Order Status – Define the order status when the order with attachments gets rejected or denied by the admin.
- Max No. of upload image – The admin can set the max number of image upload at customer end.
- Order Attachments Comment – Configure the comment for the customers which will be sent to them when their order with attachments gets rejected or denied by the admin.
And, lastly will hit the Save Config button to save the module configuration successfully.
Enable Order Attachments Feature
The admin will enable the order attachment feature for the products individually. For this, the admin will navigate to Order Attachments List as shown below.
Here, the admin will –
- View the complete list of the products which have the order attachment functionality enabled by the admin.
- Remove the order attachments feature from the products by clicking Delete button.
- Add the order attachment functionality to more products by clicking the Plus button at the top right most corner.
Clicking Plus sign will navigate the admin to the Add Product page as shown below –
Here, the admin will select the products and save the selected products for order attachments.
If the admin has enabled order attachments for the product, then the customer needs to add attachments to place the order successfully.
Under Upload Order Attachments section, the customer will –
- Do You Want To Add Order Attachments Now? – Select “Yes, I will add now” option to upload the attachments while placing the order. Else, select “No, I will add later” option if want to upload the attachments after placing the order.
- Custom Note – Add a note for the admin.
- Order Attachments Images – Upload the attachments by clicking the Plus button.
Note: The registered and guest users both can place orders with attachments successfully.
If Uploading Attachments While Placing Order –
The customer will click the Plus button to upload the attachment as shown below.
A pop-up will appear when the customer clicks on the image upload panel.
If the Order attachment is not added, then the customer will get an error message.
The customer will click on the Upload button to upload the attachments. The customer can even add multiple attachments by clicking the Plus button as shown below.
And after uploading the attachments, the customer will place the order normally.
If Uploading The Attachments After Placing The order-
The customers can upload the attachments in their orders even if the order has been placed already. For this, the registered customers will navigate to Order Attachments Add menu section in their accounts.
Clicking the Order Attachments Add menu section will redirect the customer to the other page as shown below.
Here, the customer will enter the order id and click the Get Order Details button to get the complete information of the order.
Here, the customer will click the Plus button and follow the same steps mentioned above to upload the attachments.
The guest user can add the attachment in their orders while choosing the billing details as per the following image.
Furthermore, the guest users can upload the attachments to their orders even if the order has been placed already.
For this, the guest users will navigate to Add Previous Order Attachments menu option in the footer section.
Clicking the Add Previous Order Attachments menu option will redirect the user to the other page as shown below.
Here, the user will –
- Order Id – Enter the order id.
- Email Id – Enter the email id used while placing the order.
And finally, click the Get Order Details button to get the complete information of the order.
Here, the users will enter correct mail to see saved images in future then click on Plus button and follow the same steps mentioned above to upload the attachments.
Order Management – Admin End
The admin can view the order with attachments. For this, the admin navigates to Sales -> Orders as shown below.
Here, the admin can view the complete order list. Under column Order Attachments Required, the admin can distinguish the normal orders with the status as Not Required and the order with attachments as Required.
To view the order attachments, the admin will click the View button which will redirect the admin to the order detail page as shown below.
A pop-up will appears when the admin clicks on Permission Required link.
From here, the admin can accept or reject the attachments uploaded by customers. And accordingly, the order status gets updated.
Order Attachment Accepted –
Order Attachment Denied –
Current Product Version - 22.214.171.124
Supported Framework Version - 2.x.x.x, 3.x.x.x