Using the Opencart Amazon Affiliate extension, the admin of the Opencart store will be able to fetch products from the Amazon affiliate account and advertise them on the Opencart web store.
The customers can easily purchase these Amazon products by adding them into the available Amazon cart. After proceeding to the checkout, the customer will be navigated to the Amazon website for placing the orders successfully.
- Get products from the Amazon Affiliate website.
- Choose and create products from Amazon Affiliate.
- Search and import Amazon items using the product name or ASIN.
- Multiple images of a product are imported.
- Assign categories to the Amazon products while importing them.
- Define the default quantity for assigning to Amazon products while product import.
- Allow/disallow redirection to Amazon after clicking the Shop button.
- Select the default store to display the imported affiliate products.
- Separate section to view, manage and filter all the Amazon imported products.
- Buyers can add affiliate products to a separate cart.
- Checkout is completed on the Amazon website.
- Retrieve the latest prices from Amazon by clicking the synchronize button.
Installation of the module is easy. Under the module zip, there are 3 folders image, catalog, and admin, you just need to upload these folders to the root directory of the website.
Now log in to admin backend and navigate through Extensions -> Extension Installer. Click the Upload button and browse the Zip file, this file is in the ocmod folder. Please select the correct ocmod folder. According to your Opencart version installed in your system.
After uploading the Zip file, please navigate through Extensions > Modifications. Now, click the Refresh button as visible in below screenshot.
Edit User Groups
After that, in Admin panel go to System -> Users -> Usergroup and edit ‘Administrator’ and select all for both Access and Modify Permission then save it.
After that under Extension > Modules install the module as shown below.
Opencart Quick Order Edit module supports multiple languages. So, this section will describe how to make the module work in different languages. Please check this link for language translation
How to Register for Affiliate Program?
Register to — https://affiliate-program.amazon.in
Tap on the Join Now for Free button.
Click on Create your Amazon account button.
Step 3: Enter the required information and click Create your Amazon account.
Step 4: Now, enter your account information and then tap the Next button.
Step 5: On the page that comes up, enter the details regarding your Websites and Mobile Apps as required. To add your website, after entering the web address hit the Add button.
This adds the website as shown below in the snapshot.
Step 6: Enter the required details on the Profile page then check the Contract Terms check-box and then click the Finish button. Check the instruction given at the page top before filling in the details.
Step 7: Now, you have created your Amazon Associates Account.
Step 8: Your Store ID/Associate Tag is — mytestwebsite-21 on the top right-hand corner.
Get the Access & Secret Key
To get the Access & Secret key:
Step 1: Navigate to menu option Tools->Product Advertising API as shown below in the snapshot.
Step 2: Click on the Join button.
Step 3: Tap the Add Credentials button.
Step 4: Here, find the Access and the Secret key. You can also Download Credentials to keep them saved.
Step 5: After clicking the Manage Your Credentials in the above step, you will be redirected to the section displayed below.
After the module installation, the admin can easily configure the module settings. For this, the admin will navigate to Extensions -> Modules as per the below image.
Here, select the module and then click on the Edit icon. This will navigate the admin to the module configuration page as per the below image.
Here, the admin will :
- Status – enable the module by selecting “Enable”. Else select “Disable” to disable the module.
- Associate Tag – This is the Store Id that is displayed at the top right-hand corner of the Amazon Affiliate account.
- Access Key ID – Enter the Access key that the admin has generated under Amazon Affiliate account.
- Secret Key – Enter the Secret Key that the admin has generated under the Amazon Affiliate account.
- Default Quantity – Define the default quantity for assigning to Amazon products while product import.
- Amazon Marketplace – Select the Amazon Marketplace from where the admin wants to fetch the products.
- Redirect To Amazon Site After Button Click – Select Yes if want to redirect the customer to Amazon site if clicks Shop Now button. Else, select No if want the customer to stay on Opencart store site if clicks Shop Now button.
- Open New Tab On Redirection – Select Yes to open the Amazon site in a new tab when a customer clicks on Amazon Product’s Shop Now button. Else, select No if don’t want to open the Amazon site in a new tab when a customer clicks on Amazon Product’s Shop Now button
- Select Store – Select the default store were the admin wants to display the imported affiliate products. The admin can select single/multiple stores as required.
And, lastly will hit the Save Config button to save the module configuration successfully.
For importing the products navigate through Catalog -> Amazon Products. This will redirect the admin to the Amazon Products list page as shown below.
Here, the admin can-
- View the complete list of the products imported from the Amazon store.
- Edit the imported products by clicking the Edit link under the column Action.
- Import product by clicking the Plus button at the top.
- Sync price of the imported products by clicking the Sync button.
To import the product from Amazon, the admin will click on the Plus button at the top as shown below.
Clicking the Plus button will bring up a pop-up where the admin can search the Amazon product to import. The admin will search the product by its name.
The admin can also search the products by their ASIN numbers as shown below.
Click on the Plus button to import the Amazon product successfully.
Note: The module will sync the product information like – product name, images, price, and ASIN.
On Opencart store, the admin can even sync the updated price of imported products if updated on Amazon store. But vice versa is not possible.
Assign Category While Importing Products
The admin can even assign categories to the Amazon products while importing them. This will automatically import the Amazon products to the assigned category only.
The customers can find the products from Amazon Affiliate with an Amazon logo as shown below.
To add the product to the cart, just add it like usual by taping the Add to Cart button. This adds the product into the Amazon cart.
To proceed further, tap the Cart icon which navigates the customer to cart page.
To check out, click the Checkout button and this will redirect the customer to the Amazon Shopping Cart page.
The customer will click on the Continue button which will redirect the customer to the Shopping Cart page to check out and place the order successfully.
Note: For successful checkout, the customer needs to login in Amazon website first.
If Amazon store is having set currency as USD and your Opencart store has set currency as INR. And, the admin wants to display the converted currency(INR) after importing the products from the Amazon store.
Then, the admin needs to configure the Amazon currency in the Opencart store as shown below –
If the admin has not configured the Amazon store currency in the Opencart store. Then, only the numeric value will be imported as it is, not the converted one.
Current Product Version - 188.8.131.52
Supported Framework Version - 3.0.x.x