Odoo website wallet: Let’s make payments safe and convenient
In some instances of time, customers are unable to make payments at the time of checkout due to server error or safety issues. The same situation may occur at the time of COD or return/exchange. To make customer’s payment convenient and secure, Odoo website wallet comes in action to make the shopping experience easy and safe. This module accepts payments from the online/digital wallets assigned to customers.
The module makes customers increase trust and makes them return to your website again for purchase. According to Statista, around 82 percent of banking consumers aged 27 to 37 stated that they used mobile wallets for payments. Customers can keep their wallets credited for the next purchase. At the time of checkout, they can simply use their wallets to complete the purchase as it is fast and convenient.
Also, at the time of return or exchange, it makes payment convenient enough as the remaining amount can be credited into the wallet rather than hard cash. As it also encourages digitization, it helps you in relieving from the responsibility of handling cash. This easy and secure way of payment increases the reliability of customers on your website that in results increases sales at a high rate.
- The Odoo website wallet module provides a safe and convenient way to make payments on the website.
- It encourages digitization and enables cash-free website payments.
- It makes the purchase and returns convenient for both customers and you respectively.
- You can provide transparency in all the payments to the customers.
- You can easily provide a cash-free return/exchange of the product by adding the amount into the wallet.
- It provides a smooth and fast end to end payment flow.
- You can even enable/disable the Wallet payment method accordingly from the backend.
- The module lets you create multiple Website E-Wallets from the backend.
- Once you have purchased the module from our Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘odoo_e_wallet’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. You can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL as well.
- Now, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘odoo_e_wallet’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Once the installation is finished, visit the website backend on Odoo. Click on ‘Website wallet’ and select ‘Transactions’
- Here you will be able to see the list of all transactions.
- Select the Transactions type. Here, click on the customer name to verify the wallet transaction performed has been added to the customer’s account. You can even create a new transaction.
- Click on the ‘Credit’ button to credit the amount on the customer’s wallet.
- You can check the customer’s wallet form the customer’s section under ‘Website Wallet‘ tab
- Here you can see the customer’s wallet details and the amount credited in their wallet.
- Also, you can view and create the transaction tags used in a wallet. Click on the Transaction tags option under the ‘Website wallet‘ tab.
- You can also view and create Website e-Wallet under Website Wallet tab.
Payment Using Website Wallet
- After crediting the amount for the customer’s wallet. The customer can use his wallet amount for the purchase.
- When your cart amount exceeds the wallet amount, then payment will be done from the wallet as well as from the card.
- After using the Wallet amount, a customer will able to see the balance amount available in the Wallet.
- You can also check Wallet Debit Amount of a customer at the Odoo back-end.
- Admin has the authority to cancel the order from the back end at Odoo backend, go to the sales order and cancel the order of the customer.
- As soon as you cancel the order, the customer will receive a refund in his wallet.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
Did you find the guide helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11
Supported Framework Version - 3.1.11