Research shows that SMS has an open rate of over 98% while 90% of SMS are read within 3 minutes of delivery!! SMS gives you the power to reach your customer’s smartphones at any time. Due to this, you can send updates, notifications, and deals directly in your customer’s hands that lead you to generate high leads in comparison to other techniques. So, to make this happen, Odoo Smsgatewayhub SMS Gateway Module enables you to set up an SMS marketing manager for your Odoo website.
The module showers a list of features starting from designing SMS templates to the tracking and maintaining records for sent messages. In fact, the module lets you send bulk messages at the time of festivals or for promotional deals. So, now you don’t have to worry about sending information to your customers. In just a single click, it seamlessly sends all details and keeps your customers informed about the updates.
- The Odoo Smsgatewayhub SMS Gateway provides One-step integration with Odoo.
- It activates the SMS feature for Odoo once you configure SMSGateway Hub with Odoo.
- The SMS limit and other services depend upon the services opted from SMSGateway Hub.
- You can create SMS groups to send the message in bulk to people.
- A single group or multiple groups can be selected to send the Odoo Bulk SMS.
- You can also send messages to a single customer/vendor or choose entire groups or multiple people to send the Odoo SMS.
- The module gives you access to Odoo SMS feature at the User level and only these users can send messages to people in Odoo.
- You can create and save SMS templates to use later while sending the SMS.
- The templates can be set for use at – Global level or Condition-based.
- The Global Odoo SMS templates are available for all the Odoo SMS while the condition-based are triggered for Odoo SMS only when the set condition is met.
- You can choose from different given conditions to set for the Odoo SMS template. The conditions are; order confirmed, invoice validated, an order placed, etc.
- You can assign these conditions to automatically send the SMS to customers from Odoo.
- Odoo automatically picks the set SMS template once the condition is met in Odoo.
- The module maintains records of all the sent Odoo SMS in a separate window.
- The User can view the details of each sent SMS by opening the record.
- You can Enable/Disable auto-delete feature for Odoo SMS. Auto-delete can be set at an individual template level.
- If enabled, sent SMS list and delivery status are not stored in Odoo for those SMS.
- The delivery status of the sent Odoo SMS is available in Odoo.
- You can check the delivery status for SMS as – sent, failed, or delivered.
- Once you have purchased the module from our Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘smshub_gateway’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. You can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL as well.
- Now, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘smshub_gateway’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Configuration of the Odoo Smsgatewayhub SMS Gateway Module
- Once the installation is completed, visit the Odoo Database and go to the Settings.
- Notice the enabled checkbox for the installed SMS Gateway.
- Enable the checkbox if you are managing country calling code with the customer’s mobile number.
- After that, click on the Configure SMS Gateway Configuration to create an SMS Gateway account. Click on the create button and follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Add the Description, set the priority of the gateway, enable the ‘Debugging’ checkbox to write error message of SMS Gateway to the log file, add mobile number with country code to receive test SMS and select the SMS Gateway.
- Add Username, Password, and API key and save the changes.
Enable/disable SMS Feature on User Basis
- Enable the developer mode
- After that, follow the path Users & Companies>> Users from the settings app.
- Scroll down to ‘Technical’ settings and Enable/Disable SMS Feature
Create an SMS template:
- Go to SMS Module then navigate to the template tab and click on create button.
- Add the template name, enable the global checkbox to consider with a normal template, or send the SMS in bulk, if not enabled then select the conditions, enable/disable auto-delete and add the customized text for the template.
Create SMS group in Odoo
- Click on the SMS group tab. Here, you can see the list of messaging groups created. Click on the ‘Create‘ button to create a messaging group.
- Enter the details like Group name, member type, list of members and save it.
Send SMS to Recipients Via Odoo
- Go to the SMS Module and fill the following details to send the SMS.
- Select the recipients.
- Now, select the SMS Gateway.
- Enable the Auto-Delete checkbox to save the space.
- Select the Template and write a personalized message.
- Click on the Send Now Button to send the SMS.
- Go to the History tab to see Sent SMS and Delivery Report.
- Here, you can see the list of sent SMS. Click on the message to view it in detail.
- As a result, you will be able to see the detailed view of sent SMS.
- The Delivery Report of the sent SMS can be seen as shown below.
- You can also check the unsent SMS under the Draft SMS tab as shown below.
- Therefore, you will be able to send SMS to your customers.
OTHER RELATED MODULES FOR ODOO
- Odoo Marketplace Advertisement Manager
- Marketplace Advance Commission
- Odoo Marketplace Custom Product Tabs
- Odoo Marketplace Seller Slider
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
Did you find the guide helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - Odoo V13
Supported Framework Version - 1.0.0