Odoo SMS Notification acts as the base module to incorporate features of Odoo SMS. You would also need to integrate at least one SMS Gateway to use the Odoo SMS features.
Most of the time people come up with the question like “How to send SMS directly from Odoo?” or “Can we send bulk SMS to the customers in Odoo?“.
All their questions have a perfect answer; Odoo SMS Notification. Now send SMS to your customers directly from your Odoo! Not only this but send the SMS notification to one at a time or whole lot at once.
Whether its an offer or any other important information; just update your customers with SMS Notification in Odoo.
Here is the concise list of the features. Visit the Store Page to know the detailed features of Odoo SMS Notification.
- Odoo SMS Notification installs all the necessary functions to send SMS from Odoo.
- Create SMS groups to send the message in bulk to people.
- Only user with Odoo SMS feature enabled can send messages to people in Odoo.
- Create and Save SMS templates to use later while sending the SMS.
- Send message to single or multiple customer/vendor using the SMS form.
- Set SMS Templates For Global or on Conditions-based Use
- The User can view the details of each sent SMS by opening the record.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘sms_notification’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. Even, one can also activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘sms_notification’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Integrate SMS Gateway(s) to your Odoo
1) Login to your Odoo Database and go to the settings
2) Notice the enabled checkbox for all the installed SMS Gateways.
3) Enable the checkbox if you are managing country calling code with customer’s mobile number
4) Click on The SMS Gateway Configuration to configure the SMS Gateway (it is briefly explained in the user guides of Odoo SMS Gateways)
Enable/disable SMS Feature on User Basis
- Enable the developer mode
- Go to the Users from the settings
- Scroll down to ‘Technical’ settings and Enable/Disable SMS Feature
Create an SMS template:
1) Go to SMS Module then navigate to the template tab and click on create button
2) Add the template name, enable the global checkbox to consider with the normal template or send the SMS in bulk, if not enabled then select the conditions, enable/disable auto-delete and add the customized text for the template.
There are multiple conditions on which automatic SMS is sent; and the conditions are ‘Order Placed‘, ‘Order Confirmed‘, ‘Order Delivered‘, ‘Invoice Validate‘, ‘Invoice Paid‘, and ‘Order Cancelled‘.
Create SMS Group(s)
Send SMS to Recipients Via Odoo
1) Go to the SMS Module and fill the following details to send the SMS:
a) Select the recipients
b) Select the SMS Gateway using which you want to send sms
c) Enable the Auto-Delete checkbox to save the space
d) Select the Template and write a personalized message
e) Click on the Send Now Button to send the SMS
2) Go to the History tab to see Sent SMS and Delivery Report
Did you find the guide helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below. If you have any issues/queries regarding this module then please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at email@example.com.
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.2.4
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11, V10, V9, V8