Odoo SMS OTP Authentication Module is dependent on Odoo SMS Notification Module and Odoo Website OTP Authentication Module. Both the modules need to be installed first for Odoo SMS OTP Authentication to work properly.
Add an extra layer of security for your customers!
Odoo SMS OTP Authentication allows the customers to use One-time-password (OTP) as an alternative to the password to sign-in to their Odoo website account.
The OTP is sent to the registered mobile number of the customer. During Sign-up, the OTP is sent to the mobile number provided in the details to facilitate verification of the mobile number.
The module not only secures your Odoo but also keeps you away from the hassle of remembering passwords. Simple login with OTP which is sent to the mobile number as well as email-id.
- The module sends one-time-password on customer’s registered mobile number while signing in or signing up on the Odoo website.
- The customer can choose to log in to their account using the SMS OTP instead of a password.
- During Signup, the OTP is sent to the mobile number entered in the details to verify the authenticity of the number.
- The user will recieve a notification if he/she enters already registered number or email id.
- The OTP can be numeric or alphabetic as configured by the admin in the backend.
- The details of each generated OTP and its success status is stored in the Odoo backend.
- The admin can set the expiration time for the OTP. The OTP will be valid only for the set time interval from the time of generation.
- The customer can resend another OTP if the previous one expires.
- Admin can set SMS template of OTP.
- The module is cross-browser compatible.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘otp_sms_auth’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. Even, one can also activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘otp_sms_auth’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1) Login to your Odoo Database and go to the “Website” module
2) Navigate to the Webkul Website Addons and go to the Configuration of OTP Authentication
Just enter your email below to subscribe and receive weekly updates about the most interesting similar articles.
Share article viaSignUp Again
3) Now set the configuration; enable sign-in authentication, enable sign-up authentication; set the OTP expiry time limit in seconds; select the OTP type: set it as password to hide the OTP with asterisks; Set Mode of OTP notification: Email, SMS or both.
4) Now try to signup via One-time password authentication
5) Sign in with One-time password authentication
Did you find the guide helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below. If you have any issues/queries regarding this module then please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11