Sometimes customers get annoyed by unwanted SMS from the websites. So, in this case, We use the module Odoo SMS Opt-Out. The module displays the list of SMS alerts types to the customers in the SMS Opt Out portal. The customer can unsubscribe from the desired SMS notifications by unticking them.
When someone opts out, they are marked on the list as opted out and also added to the Local Block List on your Subscribers page. Any messages sent to that list will automatically skip them, so there is no need to delete them manually.
Now, with the Odoo SMS Opt-Out module Give your customers the freedom to choose which SMS notifications they would like to receive. Present them the choice to Opt-Out from unwanted SMS Alerts. From his/her Website account, the customer can unsubscribe from Odoo SMS alerts.
- Provides Odoo SMS Opt-Out Option In Customer’s Account.
- The portal shows all the SMS Alerts types in the list form
- The customers can choose which SMS alerts types to Opt-Out from.
- Odoo SMS alerts such as promotional SMS, order, and invoice related SMS, etc.
- The admin can display/hide the SMS opt-out option from customers’ accounts.
- The module supports the selected language of the Odoo website at any time.
- Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘sms_opt_out’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open on the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘sms_opt_out’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Firstly, log in to the odoo database and go to the SMS module.
- Click on the Customers tab.
- Create a customer and click on the sales & purchase tab. Tick the checkbox next to “ Disable Promotional SMS” and add opt-out templates for the alerts of sales, discounts, updates and then save.
- Now, go to the website module.
- Click on the Configuration tab and go to settings.
- Tick the checkbox next to “Enable opt-out” to show/hide SMS opt-out options for customers.
- Here, Customer can untick the SMS types they wish to stop receiving SMS alerts for.
Also Read The User Guides For The Other Modules
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11