Trends help you to know what you must improve in your business.
Since the industry and market are changing over time. Hence, you need to change yourself accordingly.
Since there is no efficient way to manage the sale of time-based products in default point Of Sale. This is a general scenario in places like Cybercafes, Gaming Parlours, Snooker table, Bowling, and etc, where the seller needs to charge the amount based on the time duration for which a customer uses a product.
Therefore, we have come up with a module named ‘Odoo POS Time Based Products’. Which facilitates the POS user to manage and sell the products on the basis of time. Moreover, It can also be utilized for promotional purposes where the seller can make a product available for a certain time period and charge accordingly.
1. The Odoo POS time based products module serves the Point Of Sale user to sell the time-based products in POS.
2. This gives the authority to the POS user to create time-based products and helps in managing the sales accordingly.
3. The POS user can configure the timing calculation of the product on an hourly basis as well as in terms of minutes.
4. The total allocation time of the product is saved in the Odoo back-end.
5. Moreover, the seller can also use the module for promotional purposes where the seller can make a product available for a certain time period which can be charged accordingly.
1.) Once you purchase the Odoo POS Time Based Products module From the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2.) Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- “pos_time_based_products”.
3.) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4.) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5.) Then, open on the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
6.) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search “pos_time_based_products”.
7.) Now you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1. Initially, login to your Odoo database and navigate to the Point Of Sale app.
2. Then navigate into the ‘Products’ under the ‘Products’ tab.
3. Here, you can create a new product otherwise, you can also configure any existing product by selecting it.
4. While creating a product add the ‘Name’ of the product and enable ‘Manage Time’ check-box to calculate this product’s time in the POS cart. Now, navigate in the unit of measure section. Here, you can set the calculation of the product on the basis of POS Minutes and POS Hours.
5. Moreover, you can assign this product to the ‘Time-Based Products’ category. Then the product will appear in Time Based Products category in POS front-end.
6. Now, you are ready to launch the POS session
7. Now, that particular product is in the ‘Time Based Products’ category.
8. You can click on the start & stop button and can start or stop the time of the product in the cart. Moreover, the calculation will be calculated according to time and charges per minute.
9. The details will also be shown on the receipt of the order.
10. Then navigate to the POS back-end and go-to orders. Click on the order line to see details of the order in the back-end.
11. The order-line has been opened and you can see the ‘Allocation Time’ is visible here.
Also Read The User Guides For The Other Modules
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11