Deliver POS orders to customers’ doorstep with Odoo POS Home Delivery!
Customers want convenience and don’t want to step outside for unnecessary shopping. They like products delivered to their doorstep.
Keeping this in mind, we created Odoo POS Home Delivery. The module allows you to manage POS delivery orders. The POS user can take a delivery order from the running POS session and send them to the Odoo backend.
Moreover, the customer can provide a different delivery address than the one available in Odoo. You can additionally charge a delivery fee and can add a delivery date. Further, on creating an order, it is saved in the Odoo backend as a sales quotation.
- Odoo POS Home Delivery enables the POS user to handle orders for home delivery in the running POS.
- POS users can create a sales quotation for delivery orders.
- Customers can provide a different delivery address other than the one present in the Odoo backend.
- POS users can further add delivery charges to the created delivery order.
- Users can also assign a delivery date in the running POS itself.
- Once the order is confirmed, a sales quotation is created in the backend.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘pos_to_sales_order.’
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List.’
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘pos_to_sales_order.’
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Now move to the configuration of Odoo POS Home Delivery.
Odoo Company ? Read More
1. Firstly, log in to the Odoo backend and open Point of Sale. Now click on the POS menu and open the POS session ‘Settings.’
2. Move to the ‘Extra Price’ and select the delivery charge. It will enable you to add delivery charges as an extra charge in the current POS session for order delivery.
3. In the POS session, select a customer and click ‘Create Sales Order.’ If the cart is empty, you will see the ‘Empty Cart’ pop-up message.
4. After adding products to the cart, click on the ‘Create Sales Order.’
5. Enter the desired delivery date, and in the ‘Shipping Address’ tab, click on the tickbox next to ‘Ship to Different Address’ and enter the delivery address. However, you don’t need to add another delivery address if customers want products at their default address.
6. Move to the ‘Extra Fees’ tab and enable it by ticking the box and entering the amount you want to charge for delivery.
7. In the ‘Note’ tab, add specific delivery or order instruction and click the ‘Create’ button.
8. After creating, you will get the confirmation pop-up with the ‘Sales Order Reference Number.’
VIEWING ORDER DETAILS IN THE SALES
9. Open the sales app, locate ‘Orders> Quotations’ and find and open the sales order number.
10. On the Quotation page, you can view the ‘Delivery Charge’ added along with products in the ‘Order Lines’ tab.
11. Next, move to the ‘POS Note’ tab to view the added order note.
OTHER ODOO POS MODULES
- Odoo POS Happy Hours
- POS Customer Review Screen
- Odoo POS Optional Products
- Odoo POS Keyboard Shortcuts
- POS Scan Product By Lot/Serial Number
- Odoo POS Salesperson’s Requests & Grievances
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module, please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
Also, please explore our Odoo development services & an extensive range of quality Odoo Apps.
For any doubt, contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 220.127.116.11
Supported Framework Version - V16, V15, V14
Leave a Comment