Stock management is more than behind the curtain job. By, default in POS you don’t have any feature to check the stock in multiple session at the same time. Odoo POS Double Stock Validation is missing currently!
Let us take an example a customer ordered a product, the 1st POS user has delivered him the products and now the same product is delivered by the 2nd user to another customer. In this scenario, the 2nd user is not aware of the stock unavailability of the ordered product. This is the situation which is faced by every POS user usually.
Validating stock from multiple POS Sessions is not a havoc with our POS software. Odoo POS Double Stock Validation is an easy solution for POS Users. This module notifies the POS user if the selected product goes out of stock during running POS session. This would be the best module to manage the product’s stock efficiently when there are multiple POS Sessions running simultaneously and you need to keep track of the available product’s quantity.
Odoo POS Double Stock Validation provides a tight control on the validation and management of stock. It avoids the havoc which generally comes while using multiple session on POS. This will be the best module to manage and validate your stock efficiently while working on multiple POS sessions.
- This module implements a second quantity validation check in the POS Stock module.
- A user has the authority to manage the product’s quantity in POS when multiple sessions are running at a time.
- POS User gets the notification if the selected product goes out of stock during a running POS session.
- The stock will be validated when the user presses the Payment button or the Validate button at POS end.
- Once you have purchased the module from our Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘pos_stock_double_validation’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. You can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL as well.
- Now, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘pos_stock_double_validation‘.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Login to your Odoo database & follow these steps to configure the module.
Configuration of Payment
Here let’s take an instance- In this, we will work on two POS sessions i.e one session is of user Admin and 2nd is of Demo User 1.
We will configure the settings at the end of Demo User 1. Enable “POS Stock Double Validation” and apply check on “Payment”
Now let’s say an order is placed from 1st session. A customer has ordered 5 units of “Cabinet with door” and accordingly the user “Mitchell Admin” will validate the payment for the Order.
Now in POS Session 2, Demo User 1 (2nd POS User) will order same product for another customer and clicking on “Payment” button a pop-up will arise showing the information about the product and its ordered and available quantity with the latest stock update.
Order Validation Configuration
Again considering two multiple sessions of POS. One session is of Admin and 2nd is of Demo User 1. We will configure the settings at the end of Demo User 1. Enable “POS Stock Double Validation” and apply check on “Order Validation”.
In 1st session, Admin has placed an order of 6 units of product “Individual Workplace”.
Now if Demo User 1(2nd POS user) will add the same product which admin has ordered for his customer in Session 1. As soon as he will click on “Validate” button, a pop will arise showing the information about the product and it’s available and ordered quantity.
Checkout Dependent Module User Guide
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at email@example.com.
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - V12 & V11