Are you still using barcodes for manual tracking and scanning of products in Odoo POS? Now you can conveniently scan/track the products with lot/serial number in Odoo POS via POS Scan Product By lot/serial number module.
By default, a POS user has to scan the barcode to add products in the cart. This plugin reduces the dependency on Barcode for making a product entry in the POS. The module simply allows the POS user to use the Lot/Serial Number to Scan Product in Odoo POS and add the products in the cart in the running POS session.
This is a user-friendly plugin, which makes the whole process of dealing with Lot/Serial Number easy and manageable for an Odoo POS user. This module works perfectly in an offline mode as well!
When the POS user scans the products, a pop-up screen shows the lot number(s) associated with the products. The user can select the lot/serial number or manually enter a new one to add the product to the POS cart.
- The module allows the Odoo user to scan and add the products to the Odoo POS cart/order using Lot/Serial numbers of the products.
- The POS user can scan the lot/serial number using a barcode scanner.
- When the POS user scans the lot/serial number, it automatically assigns the respective lot/serial number in Odoo database as well.
- This module reduces the effort of assigning a unique barcode number in order to add that product through barcode scanner.
- Lot numbers of products are automatically updated whenever a product is validated, added or removed from an order.
- If a POS user manually enters the lot/serial number then he/she will get responsive suggestions to select the lot/serial number.
- If a user assigns/enters wrong or duplicate lot/serial numbers then an error pop up will be generated.
- The system does not allow the Odoo POS user to add a product quantity higher than that present in the lot to the cart/order.
- When you have purchased the Module from the Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘pos_product_by_lot_number’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. One can also activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL.
- Then, open on the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘pos_product_by_lot_number’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Login to your Odoo Database.
Assigning Lot/Serial Number To A Product
- Select the tracking type of products by lots.
- A lot number has to be assigned to the product.
Scan Product By Lot/Serial Number
- POS user can add the product by scanning the barcode and Lot/Serial numbers.
- If a new product is scanned by a Lot/Serial number then that Lot/Serial number is assigned automatically to it.
Lot Empty Indicator
- While Adding Products to the Odoo POS cart/order, if the quantity of products in the lot becomes Zero then a pop up will be shown indicating that there are no products left in the lot.
- If the entered quantity of the product is greater than the products remaining in the lot. A popup will be shown with lot number and quantity of product remaining in the lot.
- POS user can choose the product by scrolling over the lot/serial numbers.
Duplicate Serial Number Identifier
- If a POS user enters a serial number more than once than an error would be shown, which indicates that a serial has been assigned more than once.
Lot/Serial Number Validation
- If a POS user enters any wrong or a serial number which is not defined it will be get identified and an error will be shown for the same.
- The error consists a checkbox, if the user checks the checkbox then the wrong serial number would be assigned to the product.
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo v12