Note: The User Guide describes the workflow of Odoo Marketplace Hyperlocal System only. To know how the base module: Odoo Multivendor Marketplace works; kindly refer to the User Guide Of Odoo Multivendor Marketplace.
Avoid extra shipping costs, and save delivery time by displaying the seller’s products available in the nearby vicinity of customers via Odoo Marketplace Hyperlocal System!!
There is been a significant change in consumer buying behavior in recent years in terms of shopping preferences and patterns. The long-term product delivery makes customers furious sometimes. To avoid this waiting time, the product should be shipped from their nearby sellers only.
Odoo Marketplace Hyperlocal system aims to connect the customers with local stores and also transforms the shopping experience of the customers. Hence, it saves delivery time and is a cost-effective solution to various problems.
As Hyperlocal targets a smaller area which can be 3-5 km in radius, it has a distinct advantage of better delivery systems because of the smaller geographies and a better understanding of the local consumer mindset.
- The Odoo Marketplace Hyperlocal System allows you to set up hyperlocal services on your Odoo marketplace.
- Customers buy the products from the nearest seller thus, makes delivery fast and less costly.
- The customers can check the availability of any products in the desired location.
- The module detects the customer’s location automatically to sort the products & sellers.
- Customers can enter their location manually to find products in the vicinity of the area.
- The sellers can add their multiple uniques delivery locations in Odoo.
- You can also add the locations for sellers and set the delivery radius for each seller location.
- The Geo-radius is the delivery range for the seller location from the backend.
- Only those products and sellers that fall in the delivery range of a customer’s location are visible to the customers.
- The new ‘Hyperlocal Shipping’ option allows you to manage the shipping rates for each seller location.
- The customer will select hyperlocal shipping to get delivery charges.
- The Hyperlocal charges can be added to each seller in the Odoo backend.
- You and seller can add shipping rates tables in the Odoo backend.
- The shipping rates depend upon the distance of the customer’s address from the seller’s location.
- The hyperlocal shipping prices can also be added by you or the seller using a CSV file.
- The customer can select the delivery address that falls under the delivery radius of the selected seller location.
- The cart automatically resets if the customer changes his location at any time.
- It prevents an incorrect order from being placed on Odoo Hyperlocal Marketplace.
- You can set a default seller location and address in Odoo.
- In case the customer does not choose a location the products and sellers of default address are shown.
- You can even manage shipping rates for each seller separately.
- Once you have purchased the module from our Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘marketplace_hyperlocal_system’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. You can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL as well.
- Now, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘marketplace_hyperlocal_system’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Once the installation is completed, visit the website settings from the Odoo backend.
- After that, enable the Google Maps field and place the API key over there. In case you don’t have the API key you can create a google project by the given link and get a key.
- Now follow the path Seller Dashboard>>Settings>>Marketplace>>Hyperlocal settings.
- After that, enable the Hyperlocal field to use the hyperlocal feature. Set the delivery method as hyperlocal.
- Login as admin and follow the path Hyperlocal>>Shiping Area.
- Here, you will see the list of shipping areas of different sellers. Click on the ‘Create‘ button to create a new shipping area.
- Set the shipping area address, latitude, and longitude. As a result, this will be the address where a seller’s shipping will be available.
- Now follow the path Hyperlocal>>Ship Rate.
- Here, you will see the list of shipping rates of different sellers. Click on the ‘Create’ button to create a new shipping rate.
- Set and edit the shipping cost for a seller according to the distance and weight.
- Not only manually but with the help of this module, admin can import a seller ship rate CSV file.
- Login as seller and follow the path Seller Dashboard>>Hyperlocal>>Shipping Area>>Create.
- A seller can also create shipping rates that will be applicable to his products.
- A seller can also create or import his shipping rates that will be applicable to his products.
- Select his location on the top-left side of the shop page. By default, the location defined in the default setting will be displayed here.
- You will get an option to choose the location.
- As per the selected location, the product available in that area will be displayed for the customer on the website.
- The message of No product defined will be displayed on the website In case none of the seller’s product is available in a defined location.
- The customer will fill the same address as selected on the website on the billing and shipping address. Customers will define different locations then a warning message will be displayed on the address page.
- After that, choose a delivery method to hyperlocal delivery method and the defined shipping rate will be added to the order.
- Therefore, complete the checkout process and place the order.
OTHER RELATED MODULES FOR ODOO
- Odoo Marketplace Advertisement Manager
- Marketplace Advance Commission
- Odoo Marketplace Custom Product Tabs
- Odoo Marketplace Vouchers
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
Did you find the guide helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11
Supported Framework Version - 1.0.0