If anyone wants to search for any product GOOGLE is the first thing that comes to mind.
You can increase the traffic on your Odoo website using Google Shop. Now, what is Google Shopping? Google shopping is a service provided by Google which allows users to search for products on online shopping websites and compare prices between different vendors. Google Shopping supports two platforms: Ad Words and Google Merchant Center. You can store all your product feeds on Google Merchant Center.
This module provides a number of features for Odoo Google Shop Integration using Google Merchant Account. On using this module you can verify your Odoo store domain with Google.
You can now send and store your Odoo product data to your Google merchant account and easily create the product feeds for Google Ads campaign. You can map the standard Google product categories with Odoo product categories using this module.
1) Provides Odoo Google Shop Integration.
2) Integrate your Google merchant account with Odoo.
3)Verify your domain with Google Merchant account in one step.
4) Create and sync product information with Google Merchant center from Odoo.
5) Map Odoo products with the corresponding Google products ID in the Google Merchant account.
6)Map Odoo product model fields Product Id, description, etc. with appropriate Google product fields.
7) Create new Google product fields for your products and assign default values to them.
8) Complete control on which products you wish to send to Google Shopping.
9) Send product information of an entire domain or individual product-wise information to the Google Merchant account.
10) Manage product prices shown on Google shopping using the Odoo price lists.
Prerequisites to configure Odoo Google Product module with Google Merchant Console
For configuring this module successfully, the user would need:
- A Google Developer Console account. You need this account to obtain client Id and client secret key for the configuration. Click Me to create a Google Developer console account
- A Google Merchant Account to get merchant ID. You need a Google merchant account to integrate and upload your product details from Odoo. CLICK HERE to create a new account. Paste the merchant ID in Odoo under the account menu. Follow the steps below to verify your website.
SETTING UP THE MODULE
Generating Client ID and Client Secret key on Google Developer console.
- On setting up your Google Dev console account, click on credentials>>OAuth Client ID >> Web application.
- Now, choose any name for the configuration.
- Next, copy the callback URL from account menu in Odoo and paste it under the field – ‘Authorized redirect URLs’
- You can automatically generate the client ID and client secret key.
- On obtaining the Client ID and Client secret key from the Google Dev console, go to your Odoo back end.
- Paste the client ID and Secret key in the account menu under Google product.
Verifying your Website with Google Merchant Account for Odoo Google Shop Integration
- If you have logged into your Merchant account for the first time you would need to verify your shop domain with Google.
- Go to Business information >> Website.
- Enter your website URL and choose option “I have access to my server option to verify your website.” (You can use any one of the other two options available.)
- Click on ‘Upload an HTML file on my website’.
- Now, download the HTML file which is shown on the page under the steps.
- In Odoo, go to account >> Token 1. Here, under merchant details. Paste the entire name of the file next to the field – ‘URL to verify’.
- Now, open the file and paste the text inside it under the field- ‘Data in URL
- Go back to your Google merchant account and click on the URL in step 3 on that page.
- Your URL should be verified and you can start to send and sync product information to Google Shopping.
- On purchasing the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘google_shop’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. One can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL.
- Open on the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on Install to install it.
- First create the Google Merchant Account for Odoo Google Shop Integration from URL: https://www.google.com/retail/solutions/merchant-center/#?modal_active=none
- After creating the merchant account will look like:
Steps to sync products in Google Shop
- First install Webkul Message Wizard add on
- Verify the Google OAuth2
Steps to generate Auth token:
a) Go to Google Shop >> Settings>> Account.
b) Enter Token name and Sequence No. of your account.
c) Enter Shop URL. On adding Shop URL, a callback URL is generated.
d) Enter Client Id and Client Secret here generated from Google Dev Console as explained above.
e) Now user can configure Merchant Details by enabling “Configure Merchant Details”.
f) Enter merchant details like URL to verify, Data in URL and Merchant ID generated from Google Merchant Account as explained above.
g) After these steps An Auth Token will be generated . And the state of account will be changed to “Authorize Code”.
h) On clicking “Authorize Account” it will be authorized by Google and the state will be changed to “Authorize Token”.
You are able to sync the products after the state is ‘Authorize Token‘.
Press ‘Refresh Token‘ to refresh your token and authorize it.
3. Add Google fields to be synchronized.
4. Map the Google Fields with the Odoo fields.
5. Create Google Shop for a different Country and for different Content-Language.
Choose Product Select Way between ‘Manual‘ or ‘Domain‘.
On choosing Product Select Way as ‘Domain‘, Mapping will be shown under ‘Product Mapping‘.
6. The ‘Product Mapping‘ will be created with the shop detail and the status of that product(Error or Updated)
On update of products status of field ‘Updated’ is set to true and it is automatically selected.
If you want to update the products, deselect it and click the button Shop>>Update Existing Product.
On changes made in the product.template the status of field ‘Updated‘ will be automatically set to False.
7. Click on ‘Export All New Product‘ or ‘Update Existing Product’ in Shop to automatically update them in the mapping.
Read The User Guides For The Other Modules:
I hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at email@example.com.
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo v11