If anyone wants to search for any product GOOGLE is the first thing that comes to mind!!
You can increase the traffic on your Odoo website using Google Shop. Now, what is Google Shopping? To clarify, Google shopping is a service provided by Google which allows users to search for products on online shopping websites and compare prices between different vendors. Moreover, Google Shopping supports two platforms: Ad Words and Google Merchant Center. Also, you can store all your product feeds on Google Merchant Center.
Further, this module provides several features for Odoo Google Shop Integration using Google Merchant Account. By using this module, you can verify your Odoo store domain with Google.
In addition, you can now send and store your Odoo product data to your Google merchant account and easily create the product feeds for the Google Ads campaign. Above all, you can map the standard Google product categories with Odoo product categories using this module.
- The Odoo Google Shop Module integrates your Odoo website with Google Shop easily.
- It integrates your Google merchant account with Odoo.
- You can verify your domain with a Google Merchant account in one step.
- Further, the module lets you create and sync product information with the Google Merchant center from Odoo.
- You can map Odoo products with the corresponding Google products ID in the Google Merchant account.
- It also lets you map Odoo product model fields Product Id, description, etc. with appropriate Google product fields.
- The module enables you to create new Google product fields for your products and assign default values to them.
- Also, you have complete control to select products you wish to send to Google Shopping.
- It lets you send product information of an entire domain or individual product-wise information to the Google Merchant account.
- You can manage product prices shown on Google shopping using the Odoo price lists.
- By selecting cron, customers can also update data on Google Merchant Center from their accounts.
- Moreover, from the backend of Merchant Center, you can manually update the state of the product mapping.
- Odoo Google Shop Integration allows you to mark a specific state for the product as updated or not updated.
- With the help of this module, you can map product attributes to the Google Merchant Center.
- Using the product field in GMC, you can map the product attributes such as shape, size, and color.
- You can specify an email address under configuration to receive notifications if the account’s Oauth token expires.
- You can delete products from the merchant center and local shop, simultaneously.
- In addition, when you delete one or more products from mapping, it automatically deletes the product from both the local and merchant centers.
Prerequisites to configure Odoo Google Product module with Google Merchant Console
For configuring this module successfully, the user would need:
Odoo Company ? Find out More
- A Google Developer Console account. You require this account to obtain the client Id and client secret key for the configuration. Click Me to create a Google Developer console account
- A Google Merchant Account to get a merchant ID. You need a Google merchant account to integrate and upload your product details from Odoo. CLICK HERE to create a new account. Paste the merchant ID in Odoo under the account menu. Follow the steps below to verify your website.
SETTING UP THE MODULE
Generating Client ID and Client Secret key on Google Developer console.
- On setting up your Google Dev console account, click on credentials>>OAuth Client ID >> Web application.
- Now, choose any name for the configuration.
- Next, copy the callback URL from account menu in Odoo and paste it under the field – ‘Authorized redirect URLs’
- You can automatically generate the client ID and client secret key.
- On obtaining the Client ID and Client secret key from the Google Dev console, go to your Odoo back end.
- Paste the client ID and Secret key in the account menu under Google products.
Verifying your Website with Google Merchant Account for Odoo Google Shop Integration
- If you have logged into your Merchant account for the first time you would need to verify your shop domain with Google.
- Go to Business information >> Website.
- Enter your website URL and choose the option “I have access to my server option to verify your website.” (You can use any one of the other two options available.)
- Click on ‘Upload an HTML file on my website’.
- Now, download the HTML file which is shown on the page under the steps.
- In Odoo, go to account >> Token 1. Here, under merchant details. Paste the entire name of the file next to the field – ‘URL to verify’.
- Now, open the file and paste the text inside it under the field- ‘Data in URL
- Go back to your Google merchant account and click on the URL in step 3 on that page.
- Your URL should be verified and you can start to send and sync product information to Google Shopping.
- On purchasing the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘google_shop’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. One can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL.
- Open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘google_shop’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on Install to install it.
1. First create the Google Merchant Account for Odoo Google Shop Integration from the URL: https://www.google.com/retail/solutions/merchant-center/#?modal_active=none
2. After creating the merchant account will look like this:
Steps to sync products in Google Shop
- First, install Webkul Message Wizard add on
- Verify the Google OAuth2
Steps to generate Auth token:
3. Follow the path ‘Google Shop> Settings> Account> Create,’ now fill in the details.
3.1 Sequence No- The sequence number should be unique and the system will not accept two different Accounts with the same sequence no.
3.2 Shop URL- On this block, you have to enter your shop URL.
3.3 Callback URL- After entering the shop URL and clicking anywhere the system will automatically generate the Callback URL.
3.4 Cron Action- Here, choose the option ‘Google Shop Product Update,’ so the cron can update your product listing on the google shop without any manual input.
4. Click on the arrow next to the Cron action box to configure it as per your need and click the ‘Save’ button.
5. In the ‘Authentication Key’ section enter the ‘Client Id and Client Secret’ Key which you will get from Google Console Account.
6. Next check the box next to ‘Configure Merchant Detail’ to enable the ‘Merchant Details’ section. In case you don’t have a Google Merchant Account then you can create one by clicking the ‘Click here to Create Merchant Account.’
7. In the ‘Merchant Details’ tab enter the ‘URL to Verify and Data in URL’ which you will get from Google Merchant Account.
8. On clicking ‘Authorize Account‘ it will be authorized by Google and the state will be changed to ‘Authorize Token.’
9. You are able to sync the products after the state is ‘Authorize Token‘.
10. Press ‘Refresh Token‘ to refresh your token and authorize it.
Configuring and creating Google Fields
11. Add Google fields to be synchronized and check the box next to them to enable or disable them.
Creating Field Mapping
12. Locate ‘Field Mapping’ under ‘Mapping> Field Mapping’ and click the ‘Create’ button.
13. Enter a field name and choose a model field, next you can choose a default value, fixed value, or attribute as per requirement.
Creating shop in Odoo Backend
14. Create Google Shop for a different Country and different Content-Language.
15. Choose Product Select Way between ‘Manual‘ or ‘Domain‘.
16. On choosing Product Select Way as ‘Domain‘, Mapping will be shown under ‘Product Mapping‘.
17. The ‘Product Mapping‘ will be created with the shop detail and the status of that product(Error or Updated)
17.1. On update of products status of field ‘Updated’ is set to true and it is automatically selected.
17.2. If you want to update the products, deselect it and click the button Shop>>Update Existing Product.
17.3. On changes made in the product.template the status of field ‘Updated‘ will be automatically set to False.
18. Click on ‘Export All New Product‘ or ‘Update Existing Product’ in Shop to automatically update them in the mapping.
Updating product on Google shop
19. In case you made some changes in the product and want to update them as soon as possible, then go to ‘Mapping> Product Mapping’ and select the shop, and under action choose the option ‘Update Product Status.’
20. In the popup choose the option of ‘Not Updated’ if you want to update the products and select ‘Updated’ when you don’t want to update the products.
Read The User Guides For The Other Modules:
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module, please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
For any doubt, contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - V15, V14, V13, V12, V11, V10