Snippets in Odoo are short text inclusions that usually appear on google’s search engine and are configured to answer a potential buyer’s query. The Snippets in Odoo are immediately taken from Google’s search internet pages. Snippets in Odoo increase the number of non-click searches.
Data management on your website categorizes its quality by providing more opportunities to search engines. These data are selected by search engines to exhibit the measure of success of SERPs that instantaneously connect with the audience by demonstrating more relevant data than identical results, thus helping to increase traffic on your site. That really is precisely what the value of the Odoo Rich Snippets module is!
Enables rich data (i.e. Rich Snippets, Rich Cards, or Enriched Data ) on Google SERPs for your Odoo Website. You can also describe the website hierarchical structure (breadcrumbs) for a specific page to enhance business browsing on your site.
- It allows Google to better appreciate the visual sense of Quest.
- People will achieve a greater delivery of the content to Search consumers.
- This whole configuration attaches Agency Details (Corporate Touch, Business Logo, and Social Profile) to the Store and Product Pages.
- This module applies Website details (SiteLinks Search Box) to the Store and Product Pages.
- This module adds Product Details (Breadcrumbs, Quality Ranking, Availability Status) to the Shop and Product Pages.
1.) Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2.) Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘google_rich_snippets’.
3.) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4.) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5.) Then, open on the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
6.) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘google_rich_snippets’.
7.) You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
For Configuration of Snippets in Odoo:
1) Firstly login to Odoo database to go to the ‘Website’ module.
2) In the Website go to ‘Webkul Website Addons’.
3) Choose ‘Google Rich Snippet’ and tick mark the checkbox.
4) Click on the ‘Configuration’ button to change the settings for ‘Google Rich Snippets’. Click on the ‘Apply’ button to apply settings on ‘Google Rich Snippet’.
For Verification of Snippets in Odoo:
5) Once you have applied the settings go to Website>>Dashboard>>Go To Website.
6) Go to the ‘Shop’ page of the Website and copy the URL link of the ‘Shop’ page.
7) Once you have copied the URL link of the shop page. Open a ‘New Window’ or ‘New tab’ in an already opened window go to the link provided below>> https://search.google.com/test/rich-results
8) Paste the ‘Shop’ link that has been copied earlier in the space provided below Fetch URL. Click on the button ‘Run Test’ to run the test.
9) Once you run the test you will get to know if the ‘Shop‘ page is ‘Eligible for Rich Results’ or not.
10) Now when you have Run the test for the ‘Shop’ page now choose a ‘Product’ copy the URL link for the ‘Product’ as we did for the ‘Shop’ page. And Run Test for ‘Product’ URL link as well.
11) Once you run the test you will get to know if the ‘Product‘ page is ‘Eligible for Rich Results’ or not.
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at [email protected]
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11