You must have heard about the concept of Rich snippet. Everybody have the slight idea about Rich Snippet. What exactly Rich Snippet is? A Rich Snippet is a short description which is displayed when anything is googled. An example- I am searching for the good homemade vegetable curry recipe. Google has displayed various results on Search Engine Results Page with normal and rich snippets.
Using Webkul’s “Odoo Google Rich Snippet/ Odoo Google Rich Snip” let you enable rich results (i.e rich snippet, rich cards or enriched results) on Google SERPs for you for your Odoo website. You can choose to display the product information, customer reviews, company’s logo and profile, Sitelinks SearchBox and product carousels on the SERPs as rich results. You can also define the website hierarchy(breadcrumbs) for a particular page to improve your site’s navigation for customers.
Some essentials of the module are:
- It helps Google better understand its context for display in Search.
- You achieve a better distribution of your content to users from Search.
- This module adds Organization Data (Corporate Contact, Company Logo & Social Profile) in Shop & product pages.
- It also adds Website Data(Sitelinks Search box) and product Data (Breadcrumbs, Product Rating, and Availability status) in Shop & product pages.
Once you purchase the App from Webkul’s store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
1.) Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘google_rich_snippet’.
2.) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo add-ons path.
3.) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
4.) Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
5.) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘google_rich_snippet’.
6.) You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Once installed you will be able to use Google rich snippet to make your snippet rich.
Note- After Installation, wait for Google to recrawl your page. Remember that this can take a few days.
How does it work?
Let’s have the quick peek into the functionality of the module.
The initial step is to set the configuration for you.
EXPECTED RESULTS AFTER ADDING STRUCTURED DATA FOR RICH RESULTS.
Rich snippets are the search results on search engine results page. If anything is added it will not reflect immediately because they are a long-term process.
For example- I was searching for a module in Webkul Store. Let’s say we are searching for Magento Odoo Bridge. All the additional information about the module will display on the Search Engine Result page of the Google. You can refer the below screenshots for this example. Results of the product page after adding the rich snippet data.
Just enter your email below to subscribe and receive weekly updates about the most interesting similar articles.
Share article viaSignUp Again
The expected results of the “Magento Odoo Bridge” are:
Some things should be kept in mind
- You can validate your code using the Structured Data Testing Tool provided by Google. Paste your shop/product page link into the tool and click the validate button.
- Allow time for re-crawling and re-indexing! Remember that it takes several days after publishing a page for Google to find and crawl it.
- It is important to note that the search features depend on many factors, including the search device type, location, and whether Google thinks the specified feature would provide the best search experience for the user. Hence, it is possible that the rich results may or may not appear with your page in the search results on the SERPs.
Rich Snippets looks more interesting and nicer. It provides you with more information about the particular thing you are searching for. Make your Rich snippets unique from other snippets also there will be higher chances of getting the link on the top of the page. Use our module “Odoo Google Rich Snippets/ Odoo Google Rich Snip” to make your normal snippets into rich snippets.
We are here to help you
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at email@example.com.
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V11