Note: The User Guide describes the workflow of Odoo Discount on Purchase order only. To know how the base module: Odoo Discount on Invoices and Bills works; kindly refer to the User Guide Of Odoo Discount on Invoices and Bills.
Odoo Discount on Purchase Order: Lure your vendors with good discounts!!
As we know, every customer wants a good discount whenever they want to purchase anything. Similarly, vendors also seek for good discounts at the time of purchase order. Webkul offers Odoo discount on purchase order that enables you to apply the discount on purchase order both Orderline wise and globally on the whole order.
The Odoo Discount on Purchase Order module basically provides you with an extra option of deciding the exact amount of discount you wish to provide to your vendor. Unlike default, the fixed type discount helps you to exactly decide the amount of the discount you wish to provide to your vendors.
With the help of this module, you can manage sales order and invoice report with the discount applied. It also enables you to successfully apply discount on tax included as well as tax excluded amount. You can even provide global discounts that makes it easy for you to lure your customers with good discounts.
- The module allows you to apply a discount on purchase order on both orderline wise and globally on the whole order.
- You can set discount types at global and inline-level – Fixed and Percent based.
- Apply fixed and percent based global discounts while creating purchase orders.
- You can apply either fixed or percent discount Types on the purchase order.
- You can also set Global discounts on taxed and untaxed amounts in the purchase order.
- Unlike the default functionality, you can even set the fixed type of global discount as per your wish.
- You will be able to showcase all the discount details in the purchase order.
- You can even show the discount details on the downloaded/printed purchase order.
- The discounts are also shown in the bill generated for the purchase order.
- The discounts applied on purchase orders are also carried automatically forward to the generated bills with the help of base module –Odoo Discount On Invoices and Bills.
- Once you have purchased the module from our Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘discount_purchase_order’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. You can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL as well.
- Now, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘discount_purchase_order’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
As soon as the installation is completed, set the configuration of the base module first or you can even configure by visiting the invoicing app settings as shown below:
- Visit the purchase app from the Odoo backend. Navigate through Configuration >> Settings tab.
- Select ‘Invoicing‘ as shown in the screenshot below. Under the Customer Invoices tab, You have to set the Invoice Discount Account and Bill Discount Account. Also, configure the settings whether you want to apply a global discount on tax added amount or untaxed amount.
- After saving the configuration, come back to the purchase app from the Odoo backend.
- You will see the list of all the quotations created by you. Click on the ‘Create’ button to create a new quotation.
- After that, a new form will open on your screen. Fill all the details like vendor name, order date, etc.
- Add a product in the order line for which you want to create the purchase order.
- As soon as you set the discount price, you will be able to select between the fixed type or percent type discount.
Note: Unlike default, this module helps you to choose between the fixed or percent type. So, choose between the options you want to set the discount and save your profits.
- After that, you can set the global discount either on the tax added amount or untaxed amount as per your configuration in the base module. The global discount can also be chosen between fixed or percent type.
- After that, click on the ‘Save’ button. Like this, Your purchase order with the discount set by you will be created.
Discount displayed on Bill
You can see that the discount type is also displayed on the bill. Hence this module helps you to keep a track of discounts via bills too.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
Did you find the guide helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
For any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.0