Dealership Management in Odoo for Business Expansion on another level!
A business is built with the amalgam of innovative ideas and hardwork; however, to expand your business you need to think out of the box.
What could be better than Making your products or services available worldwide!
Needless to say, a showroom or service centre all around the world is exorbitant; which is not good especially at the initial stage of business. So, introducing the concept of Dealership to you.
Dealership is a method in which you authorize others to sell your products or services in a particular area or region. You can focus on the marketing of your brand and rest the dealers will do for you.
Odoo Dealership Management facilitates you to manage dealerships and the related contracts from start to end of the process. The module has everything from registering dealers to an e-commerce for your customers who can find dealers in their region or the nearest location.
Here is the concise list of the features. Visit the Store Page to know the detailed features of Odoo Dealership Management
- The module facilitates you to manage dealership in Odoo
- The module is compatible with multi website, multi currency and multi language
- Dealers can Register themselves from front-end
- As an admin, you can approve or decline the dealer registration application
- Manages the history of all the queries asked by admin to the dealer
- Admin can define minimum criteria for dealers to pick a plan
- The plans created for dealership is Service as well as Showroom
- Admin can publish FAQs and their categories for the customers or for dealership applicants
- Contract Management is flawless with the help of the module
- Dealership applicants are notified in each stage of the dealership process
- The applicant can check the application status with the help of the link provided and can respond to admin’s query instantly
- The customers can locate the dealers worldwide via map and mark their current location to the location of the dealers
- The module offers a perfect Review Management System
- Lead Management System has become easy with the help of the module
- Enhanced Dealer and admin dashboard to track dealer data
- Once you purchase the Odoo Dealership Management module from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘dealership_management’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘dealership_management’. You will be able to see the module in the search result.
- Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1) Login to your Odoo Database and then navigate to Dealership Module
2) Click on the ‘Configuration‘ tab and then select ‘Setting‘ menu
3) Here, you can configure the dealership in Odoo as you want:
- Set the website for which you want to configure dealership management
- Set the required details for Dealer Sign Up Form; like how the applicant got to know about dealership, sign up banner, default rules for dealers to accept applications and enable/disable the checkbox to show whether you are open for dealership or not.
- You can allow user to find dealers and show locations; you need to add google map API key for that
- Set the no. of days to notify user before the expiry of the dealership contract.
4) Now, navigate to the ‘Plan‘ menu; here, you can create dealership plans for the dealers. Click on the ‘Create‘ button and add name of the plan, price, set the months for the applicability of the plan, select the plan type- service/showroom, add the terms and conditions; moreover, you can also add an image for the plan.
5) After that navigate to the ‘Category‘ menu; click on the ‘Create‘ button; add the image of the category, its name, sequence and description.
6) Now, click on the ‘FAQ‘ menu; click on the ‘Create‘ button; here, set the FAQ category, its sequence, question along with answer and a description.
Dealership Application Process
7) Go to the Odoo website frontend and then navigate to the ‘Become A Dealer‘ tab
8) Now, you can see a registration form; so you need to fill the details as mentioned:
- Add Personal info like Name, email id and date of birth
- Contact information to add phone number and mobile number
- Address info like location, city, pin code and the country; after that you can select state
- Add Qualification and current occupation
9) Now, click the ‘Proceed‘ button and select the source from where you got to know about dealership. Enable the checkbox if you have advertisement code and then add it;
10) Click the ‘Proceed‘ button and fill personal details listing; select country and state where you want to establish showroom or service centre; Enable the checkbox if you have prior experience in business and add the description about the experience, you can fill as many business experience you want along with the duration; also add the turnover of the last year.
11) Now, click the ‘Proceed‘ button; select the option whether you already have location where you want to set up or not; add a query if you have any.
12) Click the ‘Proceed‘ button; add the minimum and maximum investment capacity
13) A pop up will be shown if the admin has configured that his/her business is not open for now
14) Here you can see the admin dashboard
- Clickable Card View to analyze monthly stats like Dealer Registration, products, leads and sale.
- Progress bar to track the lead; it is clickable so that you can directly navigate to the leads
- Clickable Donut chart and line graph to analyze registration on the basis of their state
- Bar Graph to track the trending products as well as dealers
- Clicable Donut chart to track dealers on the basis of filters like plan wise and contract state wise
- Clickable Card view to check total number of registrations and the number of dealers
- Linear and donut chart to track the hike in sale
- Map view to locate the dealers from worldwide
15) Go to the ‘Dealer‘ tab and then click on the ‘Application‘ menu; here you can see all the dealership registration applications
16) Select any application for application evaluation process; click on the ‘Validate‘ button if you find all the details fine. Click on ‘Create History‘ if you want to ask something from the applicant.
17) Add your query and enable the check box ‘ask for attachment‘ if any is needed; click on the ‘create’ button
18) Now, you can allocate the plan(s) to the applicant as per his/her eligibility
19) Now, you will receive a mail where you will get url along with the security pass code
20) Navigate to the given URL and add your registered e-mail along with the security pass code; now click on the ‘check status’ button
21) Here, you can check the application status and select the plan as you want.
22) Click on the ‘buy now‘ button and then click on the checkbox to accept all terms and conditions and then proceed with the further payment process.
23) Once payment is successfully done, you will receive a mail regarding portal access; from there you can reset your portal password.
24) Login to Odoo website front-end as a dealer; and click on the ‘Dealer Dashboard‘ tab
25) Here you can check the details like;
- Dealer can check his/her personal information from the profile section
- In my product section, the dealer can check his own products
- The dealer can check all the products available from all products section
- Dealers can track all his/her orders
- From lead section, he/she can check all the assigned leads
- Dealer can also check the validity of his/her contract with the help of the donut chart
26) From all products in dashboard, the dealer can buy the products from the admin
27) Login as a customer in Odoo Website Front-end and click on the ‘Find A Dealer‘ tab
28) Select the facility you want from the drop-down, select the country, select the city and then add the pincode
29) Or, you can click on ‘Use My Current Location‘ to find the dealer via map; once you will set the location, you can check the list of dealers
30) Click on the ‘+‘ button of the desired dealer; from here you can get direction of the dealer, call the dealer and check the number of reviews
32) If you will click on ‘Call the dealer‘ tab then you can post your queries directly to the dealer.
31) Click on the ‘Reviews‘ tab; from here, you can check all the reviews and rating and also can give one.
32) Now, navigate to the ‘FAQ‘ tab and from here you can check all the the listed FAQs in their category.
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
However, if you still have any issues/queries regarding the module Odoo Dealership Management then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at email@example.com.
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13