Multi-Vendor FedEx Shipping for WooCommerce: One of the major concerns of every business entrepreneur is Shipping the customer’s order once the customer places it with your site.
The reason being, a customers’ task is over as soon as they place the order. Thereafter, it is the responsibility of the site owner to deliver the products to the customers in the right condition; most of all at the right time.
Thence, choosing the appropriate shipping method for the sites becomes extremely essential and so what better than the FedEx Shipping method for the WooCommerce site.
Multi FedEx Shipping for WooCommerce is one such extension that allows the site owners to integrate FedEx Shipping for their customers.
After retrieving the essential keys from the FedEx website, the admin can configure its services, its weight unit, drop off type, packaging type, rate type, etc.
The admin as well can choose to display the delivery time and weight along with the FedEx Shipping Method.
Likewise, in the seller panel, the sellers of the site can configure the FedEx Shipping as well for which they will have to fill in the details such as their names, company name, phone number, etc.
The customers, in the frontend, will have to choose the country, state, and zip code, after which the associated list of FedEx services for that particular zip code appears.
Moreover, it is one of the most reliable and swift shipping services. For that reason, most of the e-commerce sites are inculcating its services to ship parcels or orders to the customers.
- This module is an add-on of WordPress WooCommerce Multi-Vendor Marketplace Plugin.
- To use this module, you must first install WordPress WooCommerce Multi-Vendor Marketplace.
- The site owners can integrate the FedEx Shipping Method with their sites.
- The admin will have to configure the Key and Password, Account and Meter number.
- FedEx Services are set by the admin which display at checkout for customers.
- The admin defines the Weight Unit as Kg or LBS.
- A Drop Off Type for the customer’s order is also set by the admin.
- The admin can also choose a Packaging Type from the given list of options.
- Rate Type may be set as List or Account Rate by the admin.
- The admin may choose to display Delivery Time and its Weight along with the shipping.
- The admin can allow FedEx Shipping for All Countries or some Specific Countries.
- Residential delivery as well can be enabled by the admin.
Its a dynamic shipping method for freight calculation.
The user will get a zip file which needs to be uploaded in the “Add New” menu option in the WordPress admin panel.
For this login to WordPress Admin Panel and in the Dashboard hover your mouse over the “Plugins” menu option select the “Add New” option.
Thereafter, the user will see an “Upload Plugin” option at the top of the page, click the option to upload the zip file.
On clicking the “Upload Plugin” option, the user will see a “Choose File” button. Click on the button to browse for the zip file as per the image below.
On browsing the file, click on the “Install Now” button so as to install the plugin as per the snapshot.
Once the user installs the plugin, the user can activate the plugin. The user needs to click on the “Activate Plugin” button to activate the plugin.
Retrieving FedEx Credentials
- The user must tap on this link and login to their accounts.
- The user can even create an account with FedEx.
- After logging in, the user can go to FedEx Web Services link and then navigate to Develop and Test > Get your test key.
- Further, the user will have to fill in the form and provide the given information.
- The user can read and accept the FedEx Test System license authorization and agreement.
- Therafter, You will find your Authentication Key with Meter Number.
- Also, the user will receive an email over registered mail id, which consists rest of the credentials , i.e. Password and Account Number.
- On testing the application using the development keys, the user must navigate to FedEx Web Services Page and tap on Move to Production > Get Production key.
- The user must fill in the forms and then accept the agreement to continue.
- Meanwhile, the user will receive the production keys in the registered email id.
After installing the Multi-Vendor FedEx Shipping for WooCommerce plugin successfully, the admin will have to set its configurations.
To configure the plugin, the admin must navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > MP FedEx Shipping.
Under MP FedEx Shipping, the admin will find and has configure the settings for the respective shipping method as shown in the image below.
The admin can set the configurations for MP FedEx Shipping as under:
Enable/ Disable: Tickmark the checkbox to enable FedEx Shipping Method.
Key: The admin receives it from the FedEx website.
Password: The admin receives it from the FedEx website.
Account Number: The admin receives the Account Number from the FedEx website.
Meter Number: This as well, is retrieved from the FedEx website.
Test Mode: The admin must Enable the test mode.
Services: The FedEx Shipping Method options; these will be visible to the customer in the checkout page.
Weight Unit: The admin may set this as KG or LBS.
Drop Off Type: The admin may choose a feasible pick-up method from the given set of options.
Packaging Type: An apt packaging option such as FedEx Box, FedEx Envelope, FedEx 10kg Box, etx. can be chosen by the admin.
Rate Type: The admin may set this as List Rate or Account Rate.
Display Delivery Time: The admin may choose to display the delivery time on the checkout page.
Display Delivery Weight: The admin may choose to display the Delivery Weight in the checkout page.
Method Available To: The admin can select either All Countries or Specific Countries. On selecting specific countries, another tab, namely, Choose Country becomes visible.
- Choose Country: The admin may select the countries where FedEx Shipping will be available.
MP FedEx Configurations: Seller End
The seller can login in to their respective seller panels, and find the FedEx Shipping tab in Seller Dashboard.
As the seller taps on the FedEx Shipping, it redirects to the Marketplace Fedex Shipping page.
The seller will have to fill in the details such as Seller Name, Company Name, Phone Number, etc.
The seller has to set the configurations as under:
Seller Name: The seller may set the name against this field.
Company Name: The seller sets the name of the company.
Phone Number Number: The seller must set the phone number.
Postal code: The postal code is to be set by the admin.
Country/ State: The seller must set the country or state against this field.
FedEx Shipping Method Visibility: Customer End
In the frontend, the customers will have to login and thereafter, they can proceed to make a purchase.
The customer can add products to cart and visit the cart page as well to view the product details as shown in the image below.
Thereafter, the customer can proceed to checkout by tapping on the Proceed to Checkout button as shown in the above image.
In the Checkout page, the customer will have to fill in the Billing Details.
As the customer Places the Order with the site, it redirects to the Order Received page as shown in the image below.
The customers will find the relevant order details, such as Order Number, Payment Method, Product Name along with the Shipping details as shown below.
Admin End: Order View
Meanwhile, the admin can checkout the customer’s order in the admin panel and find the complete order details.
The admin can also view the Shipping Method details i.e. FedEx Priority Overnight ( along with its Estimated Time and Weight. ) as shown in the image below.
Hence, that’s all for the Multi-Vendor FedEx Shipping Method for WooCommerce. If you face any issue, feel free to add a ticket at webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - WooCommerce 3.9.x, 3.8.x, 3.7.x, 3.6.x, 3.5.x, 3.4.x, 3.3.x, 3.2.x, 3.1.x, 3.0.x