Magento 2 Marketplace Weight Item Shipping extension allows the admin and the sellers to set Shipping Rates for their orders.
Further, this shipping rate is calculated based on product weight and a number of items in the order. Using this module, the admin can also update shipping rates for the marketplace sellers.
Moreover, the customers choose this shipping method on the checkout page.
NOTE: This module is an add-on to the Magento 2 Marketplace Module. So, to use this module you must have installed Webkul Magento 2 Multi Vendor Module first.
Kindly check the working of this plugin in the video mentioned below showing the workflow at the storefront for the customers, the setup of the shipping method by the marketplace vendors, and lastly, how the admin can set the initial configuration settings and the weight/item based shipping method:
now. Find out More
- The admin can enable/disable the shipping module.
- The admin can set shipping rates for their products.
- In addition, the admin can also update the seller shipping rates.
- The seller can add item or weight wise shipping
- Sellers can add shipping rates from their panel.
- The extension is Compatible with Graphql.
- The extension is fully compatible with the Hyva Theme.
The installation is quite simple just like the standard Magento 2 extensions.
First, the customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system.
Moreover, the extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento 2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento 2 root directory:
First command –
|php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Second Command –
|php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Third Command –
|php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
Configuration of Multi-Lingual Support
For the multilingual support, the admin will navigate through Store->Configuration->General ->Locale Options and select the locale as German (the language into which admin want to translate his store content).
Further, if a user wants to translate their module from English to German then they need to follow the path app/code/Webkul/MpWeightItemShipping/i18n in their unzipped Magento Marketplace folder and will get a CSV file with name “en_US.csv”.
Further, they will rename that CSV as “de_DE.csv” and translate all right side content after the comma in the German language.
After editing the CSV, save it and then upload it to the path app/code/Webkul/MpWeightItemShipping/i18n where they have installed Magento 2 on their server.
Finally, the module will get translated in the German Language. It supports both the LTR and RTL languages.
Admin Configuration of Marketplace Weight Item Shipping for Magento 2
After the successful installation of the module, the admin needs to configure some settings for the Marketplace Weight Item Shipping for Magento 2
Follow the path Stores>Configuration>Sales>Delivery Methods>Weight/Item Shipping Module.
Now from here the admin can configure following settings:-
- Enabled– The admin enables the module by selecting ‘Yes’.
- Title– Enter the title to appear at frontend.
- Method Name– Enter the Shipping Method name to appear at frontend
- Will Applied For Product (For Configurable/Bundle/Group Product)– This is for Configurable, Bundle and Grouped Products. The admin will select whether the shipping charge will apply to the Parent Product or Child product.
- Select Shipment– Here, the admin has to select whether the shipment will be Per Weight or Per Item
- Base Rate– The admin can set base price for all shipments.
- Per (0.5 KG) Rate– Here, set the shipment price which will apply per 0.5 KG of shipment.
- Offer Free Shipping– The admin can also offer free shipping by setting this field as ‘Yes’.
- Amount For Free Shipping– If free shipping is enabled, then the admin has to enter the minimum cart price after which the shipment will be free.
- Sort order– Enter sort order to set the position of the method on the shipping method page at frontend
At the end, save the configuration.
Seller Configuration of Marketplace Weight Item Shipping for Magento 2
After the module installation, the seller can find the option of adding the shipping rates under Set Shipping Rates(Per Item/Weight) tab.
- Flat rate Per Order– Seller will enter the fixed rate which will apply to all shipments.
- Per Unit Condition (item or weight) – Seller can choose the shipping condition as either Weight Based or Item Based
- Per (0.5 KG) Rate- If Weight based condition is chosen then the seller has to enter the rate which will apply per 0.5 kg weight of the shipment.
- Offer Free Shipping? (Stores that offer free shipping are more popular)- Sellers can select Yes to enable free shipping for their orders.
- Free Shipping Value (orders over this amount receive free shipping)– If free shipping is enabled then sellers have to enter a free shipping value. Orders above this amount will be shipped free.
At the end, save the configuration.
Seller Settings Update by Admin
In Marketplace Weight Item Shipping for Magento 2 module, the admin can also update the shipping rate settings for a seller. The admin has to navigate to Marketplace Management> Manage Seller> Seller Name.
On the seller edit page, under Customer Information admin will find a tab for Shipping Rate. Clicking on it below page will open up. There the admin can update shipping rate settings for a seller.
Customer end flow
Now, the buyer will add the product to the shopping cart and will View and Edit the shopping cart to estimate the shipping.
After this, the buyer will select the Weight Item Shipping– Weight Item Method and tap the “Proceed To Checkout” button.
In the above screenshot, the customer has added seller product in the cart. According to the seller’s configuration, the shipping price calculated is $28 (20$ flat rate + 8$ Weight based Rate).
Tapping the “Proceed To Checkout” button will bring the below page where the buyer can see the selected shipping address and the shipping method. Here, click the “Next” button to proceed further.
The customers can also see the selected Shipping Method on the Order Review page as well. Clicking the “Place Order” button will complete the purchase.
After placing order, the customer can check order details by navigating to My Orders> View Order.
There customer can view all the order details and also the chosen shipping method at the bottom.
Order view at Seller end
Sellers can view all the Order Details and also which shipping method is chosen by the customer by navigating to My Order History> View Order.
Order view at Admin end
The admin can also view all the Order Details and also which shipping method information by navigating to Sales> Orders> View.
Separate Seller Dashboard
The admin can also provide sellers with a seprate marketplace dashboard. From where sellers can manage all marketplace related activities.
For this admin needs to migrate to Stores> Configuration> Webkul> Marketplace> Seller Dashboard Layout Settings. Set Allow seller separate dashboard to ‘Yes’.
Now sellers can have a separate marketplace dashboard where the module name appears in the side menu.
That’s all for the Marketplace Weight Item Shipping for Magento 2 extension, still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better at HelpDesk System. You may also browse other Magento 2 marketplace addons and our quality Magento 2 extensions.
Current Product Version - 5.0.1
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x