The Magento 2 Google Plus Wall Feeds extension will automatically grab and display your Google Plus wall feeds on your website. You will be able to display the feeds of your Google Plus page or your profile page.
Features – Magento 2 Google Plus Wall Feeds
- The admin will enter their Google + Id & Google+ Access key.
- The admin can set the max number of feeds that will be displayed on the front-end.
- The admin will set the width and height for the Google+ feeds wall layout at frontend.
- The admin can set the layout for Profile Badge type as Portrait or Landscape.
- The admin will set Wall Data color, Feeds Background Color & Wall Background Color.
- The admin can choose to Display Images and Date for the post.
- On the frontend, Customers can follow the admin by clicking the follow button.
- The extension has a Responsive design.
Installation – Magento 2 Google Plus Wall Feeds
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento 2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run the command on Magento2 root directory -“php bin/magento setup:upgrade”.
Now, run this command in the Magento 2 Root -“php bin/magento setup:di:compile” as shown below in the snapshot.
lastly, run this command in the Magento 2 Root – “php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy” as shown below.
Multi-Lingual configuration – Magento 2 Google Plus Wall Feeds
language Translation – Magento 2 Google Plus Wall Feeds
If you need to do the module translation, please navigate the following path in your system. app/code/Webkul/GooglePlus/i18n. Open the file named en_US.CSV for editing as shown in below screenshot.
Once you have opened the file for editing. Replace the words after the comma(,) on the right with your translated words.
After editing the CSV file, save it and then upload it to the same folder. Now your module translation is complete.
Configuration – Magento 2 Google Plus Wall Feeds
To get the API key and the Google ID just follow the below steps:
- First, go to this link https://console.developers.google.com/project and then login or create an account if necessary. Now, you will get the option to create a new project. Just click the “Create” button.
- Then enter whatever Project Name you want to keep for this new project.
- Then click on the menu option to the left called Library and look for the Google+ API link and click it and Enable API as noted in the next step.
- Now, click on “Enable” button as shown below in the snapshot.
- Now, hit the Credentials menu option on the left and then click on “Create Credentials” and select “API Key” to generate your API key as shown below in the snapshot.
- lastly, you will now have your API key as shown below.
Note: If the API key is not working please delete it and create a new one.
- To get the Google+ ID just log in to your Google plus account and then navigate to the Url(Address Bar), here you will see the Google Id that you need as shown below in the snapshot.
After the successful installation of the module, the admin will navigate to Stores -> Configuration-> Webkul-> Google Plus ->Google Plus Setting. Here, the admin can enable or disable the status of Google+ feeds Wall show at the front end as per the below snapshot.
If “Yes” is selected, Google + wall feeds will be visible at the frontend else if “No” is selected then Google + Wall feeds will be disabled from the frontend. After making a selection, click the Save button to save this configuration.
Workflow – Magento 2 Google Plus Wall Feeds
After the successful installation of the module, the admin will navigate to Content-> Pages. Here, the admin will create a new page for the Google Plus Wall Feeds or edit an old page to add the Google Plus wall feeds to it.
Now, we will select the Home Page and then edit this page by selecting the “Edit” link. Now, after clicking the “Edit” link another page opens up. Here, under the content section add a new widget by clicking on the widget icon as shown below in the snapshot.
After clicking the widget icon, a page comes up. Here, you need to select the widget type as “Google+” and then under widget options, the admin will configure the widget.
Under the Widget options, the admin will set the –
- Google+ Id (Admin’s Google + Id).
- Google+ Access Key (Admin’s Google + Access Key).
- Profile Badge Type (Select it as Landscape or Portrait).
- Number of Maxfeed(Number of maximum feed that will be visible).
- Profile badge Width(Enter the width of the Profile Badge).
- Wall Width(Enter the width of the feed wall).
- Height(Enter the height of Wall Feed).
- Wall Data Color(Set the wall data color).
- Google Plus feeds background Color(Set the background color for the Google + feeds).
- Google Plus Wall Feeds Background Color(Set the background color for the Google + feeds wall).
- Show media image(Show media images).
- Show Date(Show date).
After filling in all the above information, click the insert button first and after that click the “Save” button.
Now on the frontend, the beautiful Google Plus wall feed is displayed. The profile badge selected here is the Landscape.
After selecting the Portrait profile badge type and changing the wall background and feed text color, it appears as shown below in the snapshot.
A variation with badge image, and badge background color.
That’s all for the Magento 2 Google Plus Wall Feeds Still, have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better webkul.uvdesk.com