With Magento 2 Connect, you can connect your Magento 2 store with your accounting software i.e QuickBooks and synchronize information that is related to the orders such as customer name, email address, items ordered, billing address, etc.
Therefore, you can better manage the store accounting data more effectively. One of the most advanced characteristics of this extension is you will be able to create sales receipt of your store orders on the QuickBooks – Manually and Automatically.
- You need to generate API credentials – OAuth Consumer Key, OAuth Token Secret, and OAuth Consumer Secret.
- At the moment this extension supports one-way synchronization from Magento 2 to QuickBooks.
- Magento 2 Connect is fully compatible with QuickBooks Online app.
- Once can place Auto-Sync Orders from the Magento 2 Store to the QuickBooks.
- The admin can manually synchronize the Magento 2 store – Orders.
- Select when to create Sales Receipt in QuickBooks – Order Place, Invoice Create, or Order Complete.
- Select which orders to sync with QuickBooks – Pending, Processing, or Complete.
- The QuickBooks sales receipt number is the same as Magento 2 order/invoice number.
- Sync customer name, email, billing address, order date, product name, quantity, rate, amount.
- The sales receipt of Magento 2 order is exported to QuickBooks with payment method description.
- Downloadable products are created as a Non-Inventory product in QuickBooks.
- Sync Guest customer orders from Magento 2 to QuickBooks.
- Enjoy the persistence connection between the Magento 2 & QuickBooks store.
Customers will get a zip folder. Then they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder.You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
First command – php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Second command – php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Third Command – php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
Fourth Command – composer require quickbooks/v3-php-sdk
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from the Magento admin panel by navigating through System -> Cache management as shown below.
For Multilingual support, please navigate to Store>Configuration>General >Locale Options. And select your desired language from the Locale option.
For translating the module language, navigate through app/code/Webkul/QuickbooksConnect/i18nand edit the en_US.csv file.
Thereafter, rename the CSV as “en_SA.csv” and translate all right side content after the comma in the Arabic language. After editing the CSV, save it.
Then upload it to the path app/code/Webkul/QuickbooksConnect/i18n where the Magento2 is installed on the server. The module gets translated into the Arabic Language. It supports both RTL and LTR languages.
How To Get QuickBooks API Credentials –OAuth2
Before you do module configuration, you will need to get the OAuth Consumer Key, OAuth Token Secret, and OAuth Consumer Secret. Please follow the link – https://developer.intuit.com/
- On the Intuit landing page, click on the Sign-up page to create a new account. Or, Sign In with your existing account. Now, enter the details required for registration and then click the “Create Account” option on the registration page.
2. After clicking the Create Account option your account will be created on QuickBooks and after that, you will see on the header an option of “My Apps” now Tap the option.
3. Now on next screen, you will see an option on the header to create the app, click the option Create app.
4. Now you will see a pop-up on your screen to create an app. Select the QuickBooks Online and Payments platform you want to develop.
5. Now after selecting the platform, give your app a name & select the scope of application as “Accounting” & click on create the app.
6. After creating the application you can find on the left-hand side of the application page the keys for the development mode & the production mode.
If you are using the application in the sandbox mode then you can make use of Development keys. If you are using the application in the Live mode then you can make use of the Production keys & configure the keys with your Magento 2 website.
Select the desired mode & go to the “Keys” menu option to find your – Client ID and Client Secret. Copy these keys to the module configuration part in the admin panel while using the OAuth2.
1. You must set the redirect URL. To set the redirect URL click the Add URL link, enter the redirect URL and click the save button after that. As shown below, example.com is your site URL.
After the successful installation of the Magento 2 Connect module, you will be able to see the configuration panel under Store -> Configuration -> Webkul -> Magento 2 Connect
After the successful installation of the Magento 2 Connect module, you will be able to see the configuration panel under Store -> Configuration -> Webkul -> Magento 2 Connect.
- Enable: Here the admin will enable or disable the module.
- Sales Receipt Create on Quickbooks: Select one of the options from – Order place, Invoice Create, or Order Complete to automatically generate the receipts in QuickBooks.
- Initial Order Status for Sales Receipt: Select one of the options from – Pending, Processing, and Complete to set the order statuses that should be synchronized with the QuickBooks when synchronizing manually to create the sales receipt on QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks US Store: Select ” Yes” If you are using USA QuickBooks account else ” No”
- Quickbook App Integrates With Select the OAuth Authorization type as – OAuth 2.0 or OAuth 1.0
- Select the Account Type as – Development or Production as required.
- Enter the Client Id and Client Secret.
- Now click the option “Connect” for Authorizing Intuit to securely share your data.
After setting up the general settings the admin needs to save the configuration then tapping the option “Connect“, you will see a window pop up where you have to first select the company to set up with Magento 2 & then click on next button.
Now on the next screen to authorize the Magento module with QuickBooks app. Click on Connect button to allow Magento 2 Connect to view and update your QuickBooks Online data
Now after clicking on the connect button on next screen a pop-up will appear with an account successfully authorize message & notification to refresh the window.
Finally, you will be redirected back to the admin configuration settings for the module.
Here, Just refresh the page and you find that you are now connected and authorized as per the below screenshot. Now click the Save Config button to save the configuration settings.
Accounts For Inventory
Inventory Other Asset Account
Select the account for the products created in the QuickBooks. The selection made here for the asset account will reflect on product information in QuickBooks. It’s an account to which a product belongs to so that it allows for easy management at a later time.
Select the account for the products created in the QuickBooks. The selection made here for the income account will reflect on product information in QuickBooks. It’s an account to which a product belongs to so that it allows for easy management at a later time.
Select the account for the products created in the QuickBooks. The selection made here for the expense account will reflect on product information in QuickBooks. It’s an account to which a product belongs to so that it allows for easy management at a later time.
Notification For Sync The Tax Rates
The admin needs to create the same tax rates on Quickbooks end for sync tax details with orders.You can add the different names of tax rate but the tax rate must be the same on Quickbooks as well.
How to Synchronize Orders Manually & automatically
Sale Receipt Created Automatically
In the case of automatic synchronization, it will depend on what the admin has selected in the module configuration settings.
If the admin has selected the option “Sales Receipt Create On QuickBooks” as “Order Place“, then all the orders when placed in your store will get synchronized with the QuickBooks automatically.
Similarly, if the admin has selected – “Invoice Create” then when the admin creates the invoice for the orders, the orders will get synchronized automatically.
Same is the case if the admin has selected -“Order Complete” the orders will get synchronized with the QuickBooks when the status of the order turns to “Order Complete” i.e invoice and shipping have been generated.
If the admin has selected the option “Sales Receipt Create On QuickBooks” as “Order Place“, then whenever an order is placed on your store, be it a guest or a registered user it will automatically be synchronized with your QuickBooks account.
Sale Receipt Created Manually
Using the manual sync, you can also sync the already placed orders within your store that were not synced with QuickBooks before as well.
To add the orders in QuickBooks manually, the admin needs to navigate to the Sales -> Orders, then on the Orders page the admin will find the complete list in a grid view of Orders placed on the Website with different order status like pending, closed, etc.
Now to manually synchronize this data, the admin will select the desired order tap on the Action option and will select the Export QB option. At this time all the orders that are selected will get synchronized with the QuickBooks.
After clicking the “Export on QB option you will see the execution message with the number of orders to synchronize.
The admin will find Map orders and Configuration menu item QuickBooks Connect, under the admin panel as per the screenshot below.
By clicking on ” the Configuration” menu option, the admin will redirect to the same QuickBooks configuration page.
After clicking the menu option – “Map Orders“, you will see a complete list of synced/Map orders of your store with the QuickBooks as shown below in the snapshot.
Using the map orders, you can also sync the already placed orders within your store that were placed before installing the extension as well. this the admin can also delete the Order Map Record if required.
To check the order details for any particular order just click on the View Order link.
Now to manually synchronize this data, you will tap on the option “Export Orders as Sales Receipt “. At this time all the orders that have the status (As selected during configuration) will get synchronized with the QuickBooks.
You can change the settings in the module back-end if you want to choose a different order status to be synchronized.
You can select from three order statuses – Pending, Processing, and Complete.
If you select pending then all the orders with the status “Pending” will be synchronized. Similar is the case with the other two statuses.
After clicking the “Export Orders As Sales Receipt” option you will see the execution message with the number of orders to synchronize.
Check The Order Details:
To check the order details navigate to QuickBooks Connect-> Map Order. Now, tap on the “View Order” link for the respective order for which you want to check the order details.
Tapping the “View Order” link, the order details will appear as shown below.
Check The Synchronized Order Details On QuickBooks:
Go to your QuickBooks account and navigate to the Sales section and then tap the same order number.
After tapping on the Order Number, you can see the complete order details that are synchronized as shown below in the snapshot.
The order details & taxes levied over the product.
How To Add Tax Rates In The QuickBooks?
First, you need to click on Taxes option then navigate to the Add/edit tax rates & agencies as shown below image, you can add new tax rates and edit/ deactivate already created tax rates –
1. How It Works With The Special Prices?
Special Price: For example, you have a product for $30, which has a special price applicable of $20. Now, when the order gets purchased and the sales receipt created at QuickBooks ends the receipt has $20 visible on the receipt of the product.
2. How it sync payment methods.
Whichever payment method is used at the store end for making the payment, that will be reflected.
3. How It Creates Sales Receipt For Bundle Product
For the bundle product, all of the constituent products are created as individual products within the sales receipt.
That’s all for the Magento 2 Connect if you still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better at webkul.uvdesk.com.
Current Product Version - 3.0.1
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x