Amazon S3(Amazon Simple Storage Service) is a cloud storage service offered by AWS(Amazon Web Service).
Amazon S3 is based on CDN(Content Delivery Network) which stores multiple copies of content on strategically distributed servers. And dynamically measures which server is nearest to the requesting client and accordingly delivers fast content.
Magento 2 Amazon S3 Extension is a useful module for the downloadable products of your Magento store. The module enables the admin to upload files of downloadable products from their local disk to Amazon server.
After uploading the files, the admin receives a link using which the customers can download the file from the Amazon server. And will experience faster site load or page loads due to unnecessary pause elimination and cater heavy traffic.
- To use the Amazon S3 service, the user needs to have Amazon AWS account. The users can register themselves here.
- The users can click here to understand how to get started with Amazon S3.
- Working with Magento 2 downloadable products.
- Flexible settings to configure the module settings.
- Set server(Local/Amazon) on which file should be uploaded.
- Store and download the files from Amazon S3 Server.
- Check the bucket availability in just a click.
- Customers can download the files from Amazon Server irrespective of time and place.
- Fully open source and easy to use.
Customers will get a zip folder and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder. You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
First command – composer require aws/aws-sdk-php
Second command – php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Third Command – php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Fourth Command – php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from the Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
For module translation, navigate to the following path in your system app/code/Webkul/S3amazon/i18n/en_US.csv.
Open the file named en_US.CSV for editing as shown in the below screenshot.
Then replace the words after the comma(,) on the right in the file with your translated words.
After editing and translating the CSV file, you need to save the translated file name according to your region language and country code such as – de_DE.CSV. Followed by uploading the translated file to the same folder from where you have obtained it. Now your module translation is complete.
After the module installation, the admin will configure the module settings by navigating to the Stores->Configuration->Amazon s3 as per the below image.
Here, the admin will:
- Allowed files to save on Amazon – to save the file on Amazon server set this as YES else set as NO.
- Access Key ID – enter the Amazon server access key which you will get after creating the account on Amazon S3.
- Secret Key – enter the Amazon server secret key which you will get after creating the account on Amazon S3.
- Bucket Name – enter the Amazon bucket name which you have created in the Amazon S3 account.
- Region – enter the region of the bucket where you want the bucket to reside. The region name should be as you have mentioned the region while creating the bucket in the Amazon S3 account.
- Check Bucket Availability – click “check” button to check the bucket availability. If it would be available and exists in the Amazon S3, it shows the message “Available.
Else, will show the error message as per the below image.
Lastly, Click the Save button to save the module configuration successfully.
Once the admin is done with the module configuration part, the admin can now upload the downloadable products on the Amazon S3.
For this, the admin will navigate to the Products -> Catalog -> Add Product as per the below image.
Select Downloadable Product from the Add Product drop-down list. This will navigate you to the New Product page.
Here, the admin will fill in all the required details of the downloadable product and upload the downloadable file and hit the Save button. After, saving the downloadable product the file gets saved on the Amazon Server and will then get the Amazon S3 link.
Note: The admin will get the Amazon S3 link only after saving the downloadable product successfully.
The customer will download the downloadable product from the Amazon Server just like any other downloadable product from the local Server.
Note: The customer can download the downloadable product only after the admin has created the order invoice.
That’s all for the Magento 2 Amazon S3 Extension module. Still, have any issue, feel free to add a ticket at webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 2.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 2.0.x 2.1.x 2.2.x