Magento Akeneo PIM Connector connect your Magento store with the Akeneo PIM software and manage thousands of products easily. You can push data from Akeneo into the Magento 1 store. It works with simple, and configurable types of products. The connector also exports the categories, attributes, configurable variations, attribute set/families, and much more.
Please Note – Magento Akeneo Connector is compatible with Community Edition, Enterprise Edition, and Cloud (PaaS/Flexibility) Edition of Akeneo.
- You must be using Magento 1.x
- This module works with Akeneo 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, and 2.3.x or newer. Download Akeneo from here
- Node and Yarn packages need to be installed.
- Also works with Akeneo Cloud Flexibility Mode which is a PAAS Edition of Akeneo
- Connect Multiple Magento Instances By providing Credential in Jobs.
- Can map SKU and can use another identifier except for SKU.
- Add currency mapping store view wise
- Can map two or more store views with the same locale
- Mapping for images
- Mapping for custom attributes
- Export/Import Categories from Akeneo to Magento 1
- Export/Import Attributes and Attribute options from Akeneo to Magento 1
- Export/Import Family from Akeneo to Magento 1 as Attributes set
- Export/Import Products from Akeneo to Magento 1
- Export Variations and Attribute values for the product from Akeneo to Magento 1
- Export/Import Product Images
Please follow these steps for installing Magento 1 Akeneo Connector module in your Akeneo PIM platform.
First, Install the API Improvement Extension in your Magento 1.
- Unzip the magento-improve-api-master.zip from the respective extension zip and then merge the app folder inside that with the app folder in your Magento root folder
- After clear the cache and index from the Magento Admin panel.
Second, Install the Magento 1 Akeneo Connector.
- Unzip the respective extension zip and then merge “src” folder into akeneo project root directory.
- Goto app/AppKernel.php and add the line in function registerProjectBundles(
- Goto app/config/routing.yml and add these lines at top of the file
magento1: resource: "@Magento1Bundle/Resources/config/routing.yml" prefix: /
- You have to navigate first to Akeneo installation directory (Ex: cd /opt/bitnami/apps/akeneo/htdocs). After SSH, you have to run the command to your Akeneo server by the terminal.
rm -rf ./var/cache/** && php bin/console pim:install:asset --env=prod && php bin/console assets:install web --symlink && yarn run webpack && php bin/console d:s:u --force
Common Issues After Installation
It might happen that even after proper installation, upon opening your Akeneo admin dashboard, you see a loading screen. In that case, do check for the following solution:
- Webpack Installation: If you get the below error
It means that webpack is not installed in your system. Run the following command
npm install --save-prod webpack npm install
- Module routing.yml is not configured properly. Re-check the routing.yml file as mentioned in the 3rd step of Module Installation
- Clear your browser cache.
Magento 1 API Integration
Next, you need to generate/activate web service credentials for the purpose of integration.
Creating a Web Service Role
- Select System > Web Services > SOAP/XML-RPC Roles on the Admin menu.
- Click Add New Role and enter a Role Name.
- Select Role Resources and set Resource Access to “All.”
- At last, click the Save Role button
Creating a Web Service User
- Select System > Web Services > SOAP/XML-RPC-Users on the Admin menu
- Click Add New User and complete the information field.
- Enter any text in API Key and make sure to remember as it will be used as API credential.
- On the left panel, select User Role which you created in the first section.
Setup Credentials in Akeneo
After successfully installing the module in Akeneo, you need to set up the Magento API credentials in Akeneo. Please log into Akeneo and follow Magento 1 Connector>Setup Credentials.
- Click Create Credentials Instance button.
- In Hostname, you need to enter your webstore URL and then enter the API User and API Key that you got while creating web service credentials.
- Once the instance has been created, got to status and change the status to Active.
Setup Attribute Mapping
In Setup Attribute Mapping tab, you need to match the product fields between Magento1 and Akeneo. You need to select the correct Akeneo attribute that matches to the Magento product information.
By default, the following product attribute information can be mapped to Akeneo and Magento1:
- Short Description
- SEO – Meta Title, Meta Keyword, Meta Description
- URL Key
Status mapping information remains the same on both ends. So if a product is disabled in Akeneo, it will be disabled in Magento as well.
Map More Standard Attributes
If your products have lots of information, you can enter Magento1 attribute code ID and click Add Field. Magento 1 Akeneo Connector module supports various attributes of Magento products. Please make sure to use the same attribute code of Magento in Akeneo. For example- special_price, special_from_date, special_to_date.
Attributes to be used as Images – The selected Akeneo image attributes will be visible as Magento1 product gallery images. Please note – The images will export in sorting order they are selected here.
Attributes to be used as Custom Attributes – The selected Akeneo attributes will be visible as custom attributes in Magento. They will appear on the storefront under ‘More Information’ tab.
Other Mapping Settings
If you want to export Unit with the value of metric attributes, you can also enable the option.
Creating Product in Akeneo
To create a product in Akeneo, go to navigate to Products and click Create button. Now, you need to choose product type – as Product or Product Model.
Product – Select this type for creating simple and virtual products.
Now enter the required SKU, choose a family, and click Save button.
Product Family – A family is a set of attributes that will be the same for all products belonging to a family. The product family represents products type, imposes product information structure and defines the list of attributes for a product that it belongs.
Now you need to provide the information about the product. First, select the Channel and Locale and then enter the price, name, and description.
For adding product information, select attribute options you require. You can also create new options for the attribute. Following Attributes from Akeneo are supported for export:
- Text Area
- Image (used as product media gallery)
At the moment, the following attribute types are not supported by this connector:
- Reference data select
- Reference data multi-select
Add New Attribute Option
If an attribute option is missing for a select attribute type (simple or multi-select), you can directly add it to the Product Edit Form. Enter a Code and Label values, then click Save.
Click the upload picture section or use the drag and drop feature to add product image. Please note all the image attributes present in an Akeneo product are added as Product Media gallery images in Magento.
Add information for other languages and store views.
After entering all the product information, save your changes and go to Product Navigation and select Categories.
Magento 1 Export Job
Here you will find five different types of export job profiles for every use case:-
Magento 1 Export Job(All) – Exports everything (categories, attributes, attribute options, attribute group families, and products) based on filters in a job. A product must have a category to be included in the export job.
Category Export to Magento 1 – It exports only categories. you may decide categories to be exported using filters in this job profile. Without filters, it exports all category trees from Akeneo to Magento 1.
If there is default category tree on Magento then it maps that category root to category root of the selected channel in the job. If you want to use more than one category trees, then export categories then select the respective category tree as default category tree on Magento 1.
Family Export to Magento 1 – It exports family (attribute set) and attribute groups and add already exported attribute to family (attribute set). All attribute group export can be enabled/disabled using the Attribute Group export setting in Other settings tab.
Attribute Export to Magento 1– It exports attribute and attributes options. It only exports attribute that is mapped in the Setup Attribute Mapping tab. This export attribute does not add them to the group or attribute set, family export is used for that.
Product Only Export to Magento 1 – It exports products to Magento 1. It also adds categories, attributes, family, and variations to a product. You should have exported other data like category, attribute, family prior to this export.
Attribute used as the main picture in the family is used as the thumbnail, small image for products. A user can map attributes like url_key in Attribute mapping tab. Sometimes url_key of product conflicts with url_key of a category, in that mapping url_key is very useful.
Filter The Data
Now go to the Content section and select the following options:
Channel – Each export job can only be linked to one channel, please select the relevant channel of products to
Locales – Select one or more Locales depending on your requirements.
Attributes – You can select which product attributes you want to export all or few of them. Click Edit button to select the attributes.
To make your own attribute selection, click on the left side to select a specific attribute group (or All groups to
display all attributes). The selected attributes will be displayed as columns in your export file.
Filter The Products
Now you need to decide which products to export on Magento.
Select one or more product family to export to Magento. If you want to export products belonging to specific families, click on the drop-down list and click on the families to add in the field like clothing, shoes, t-shirts.
- No date condition (default option) – Products are not filtered using time condition.
- Updated products over the last n days (e.g. 6) – To filter the products that were updated during the last six days, enter 6 value.
- Updated products since this date – To filter the products that were updated during a specific date, select a date.
- Updated products since last export –
After creating the export profile, click on the Export Now button. The execution of the export process will begin, the page will refresh continually to update the information.
Wait for the execution process to complete and check the errors. After the completion of the export job, the products will appear in Magento catalog.
As you can see that the following products have been imported from Akeneo. The admin can view the products and make any changes in the product edit form of Magento.
Product Information Update
You can also update or make any changes to the imported products like stock status or quantity, price, special price, meta information, description etc.
Magento Standard Attributes
Using Magento standard attribute ID, we have mapped the special pricing information through Akeneo export job.
Content – In the content section, you can see the description and short description of the product listing.
Just like normal Magento products, Akeneo products will appear on the storefront.
Import Product in Akeneo
you can now import your product catalog data from Magento to Akeneo. There are various job profiles available for importing products, categories, attributes, attribute sets from Magento to Akeneo.
To do the import go to Imports>Create Import Profile, enter a code and label. Following job profiles are available:
Magento 1 Import –
This will import everything from Magento. All products, categories, attributes, attribute sets.
Families Import – This will import all attribute sets of Magento into Akeneo families.
Product Only Import – This will import all the simple and virtual products of Magento.
Category Import – This will import all the Magento categories to Akeneo.
Attribute Import – This will import all the attributes from Magento to Akeneo.
Once you have selected the import job profile, from the Content section, you can select the channel and locales for import product data. You can also import multi-language data from Magento to Akeneo.
Once everything is set up correctly, you just need to click Import Now button and the import execution process will start. From the following screenshot, you can see the number of categories, attribute groups, attributes, etc are being imported to Akeneo.
For any issues related to this module, please create a support ticket at- https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket Also, for any pre-sales queries or customization discussion, please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Product Version - 2.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Magento 1.9, Akeneo 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, and 2.3.x