Akeneo Connector for Magento 2, allows the admin to import or export product information from Magento 2 store to Akeneo PIM. Using this module the admin can also import/export media files to Akeneo. Before mapping the product information the admin needs to map the category first. This module also facilitates the admin to map the Magento 2 website with Akeneo PIM.
Why choose Akeneo Connector for Magento 2?
Akeneo PIM provides one place to assemble, control and enrich your product information. With Akeneo you can manage thousands of products easily, and also create a product catalog, and distribute it to your sales and multiple eCommerce channels.
This connector “Akeneo Connector for Magento 2” follows the latest API technology to provide powerful integration between Magento 2 and Akeneo PIM.
To configure this module, you have to create an API key connection in your Akeneo panel account. Overall, this module facilitates merchants to manage then export product catalog from Magento 2.
In addition, with no time Magento store owners can export Magento catalog data such as Magento’s attribute sets, categories, configurable products, media files then import it to Akeneo PIM.
Akeneo Company ? Read More
Also, the admin can import Akeneo attributes, family, categories, products, product models as well in just a few steps from the back-end of Magento 2 store.
Please Note –
- This module is compatible with the Akeneo community and Enterprise(Flexibility) edition.
- If you want to use this extension on Akeneo EE Serenity mode, please contact us.
- For the Akeneo installation, your Akeneo server should meet these system requirements.
- The admin is able to import Akeneo attributes, family, categories, products, product models.
- The admin is able to export Magento’s attribute sets, categories, configurable products.
- This module works for Simple and Configurable products only.
- The admin can map Magento with Akeneo attributes.
- The admin can import/export media files.
- This module allows the admin to import/export images from Magento 2 store to Akeneo PIM.
- The source code is fully open for customization.
- The admin needs to configure the import/export setting.
- This connector “Akeneo Connector for Magento 2” follows the latest API technology.
Customers will get a zip folder then they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The extracted folder has an src folder, inside the src folder you have the app folder.
You need to transfer this app folder into the Magento2 root directory on the server as shown below.
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Magento2 root directory.
First command – composer require akeneo/api-php-client:^4.0 php-http/guzzle6-adapter:^2.0 http-interop/http-factory-guzzle:^1.0
Second command- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Third Command – php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Fourth Command – php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After running the commands, you have to flush the cache from the Magento admin panel by navigating through->System->Cache management as shown below.
For the multilingual support, the admin will navigate through Store->Configuration->General ->Locale Options and select the locale as German (the language into which admin want to translate his store content).
If you want to translate their module language from English to German. Then follow the path src/app/code/Webkul/AkeneoConnector/i18n in their unzipped AkeneoConnector folder. Then you will get a CSV file with name “en_US.csv”.
Now, rename that CSV as to your region code and language code “de_DE.csv” and translate all right side content in your language.
After editing the CSV, save it. Then upload it where you have installed Magento 2 on the server.
The module will get translated into your desired Language. It also supports RTL and LTR languages.
After the module installation, the admin will find the configuration settings panel by navigating through Stores->Configuration->Webkul> Akeneo Connector.
Tapping on the configuration button brings you the Akeneo connector configuration page as shown below:
In order to make a connection between the Magento store and Akeneo PIM, you must create an API connection key in the Akeneo panel account then add it to your Akeneo connector configuration in your Magento Admin.
How to get Akeneo API key?
For creating API in Akeneo, login to your Akeneo panel then go to ‘System –>API Connections –> Create. In the label field, give the name to the API label.
Once the API is created, you will see the two credentials:
- Client ID
Add API Keys
Once you will get the API keys from Akeneo, need to add these key in Akeneo connector configuration in your Magento Admin.
- Akeneo Portal URL: Enter the URL of your Akeneo portal.
- Client Id: Enter the Akeneo API client id got from Akeneo API Integration
- Secret: Enter the Akeneo API secret id got from Akeneo API Integration
- Username: Put the username of your Akeneo portal.
- Password: Put the password of your Akeneo Portal.
Once you will configure the above settings, further configured fields in Akeneo will active on the Magento panel in each configuration settings.
After configuration, in case you will get disconnected due to wrong API details a below pop up will display.
In this case, you need to reconfigure API details in the Akeneo connector configuration in your Magento Admin. Once you will be done, you can proceed with further configuration settings.
After configuration, it will dynamically fetch all channels of Akeneo. Now you can map the respective Magento website with specific Akeneo channels.
- Map default website with Akeneo channel: Select Akeneo channel from the drop-down which you may want to map.
- Magento websites mapping: To map the Magento website with Akeneo channel do the following settings:
- Magento website: Select the Magento main website code from the drop-down which needs to map with the Akeneo channel.
- Akeneo channel: Select the respective Akeneo channel which should map with the Magento website.
In addition, if you wish you may add further website mapping by tapping on the Add button and can delete respective mapping by performing delete action.
Additional attributes types mapping
Importing and exporting of product information is the most efficient way to update your product catalog. In order to import/export product information from Magento 2 to Akeneo PIM, attribute type must map before each other.
Add additional types: The admin can additional specific Akeneo attribute type with the Magento input field. To do so, do the following settings:
- Akeneo: Enter the Akeneo attribute type code.
- Magento: Select the respective Magento input field to map with a specific Akeneo attribute type.
Example: If you want to map the Akeneo file attribute type with the Magento text input field. For that, you need to enter “pim_catalog_file” under the Akeneo option then select the text field from Magento.
Required Magento attributes mapping
Attributes Mapping: Here, you need to map below required Magento attribute with Akeneo Attribute Code such as:
Category import/export configuration
- Category import filter: Select “all categories” option if you may wish to import all Akeneo categories to Magento store else select “Only mapped category stores” in order to import only those categories is exist into mapped Akeneo channel.
- Store mapping: Here you need to map Magento store to specific Akeneo channel.
- Category export filter: Select “all categories” if you may wish to export all Akeneo categories to Magento store else select “Only mapped category stores” in order to export only those categories is exist in mapped Magento store.
Product import configuration
In order to import product information such as product type, product image, quantity, media files and much more, first, you need to do below configuration settings:
- Allow product type to import: Select either Simple to import simple products or Configurable in order to import configurable products.
- Allow to import product image: Select Yes if you want to import product image else select No. Once you will select Yes, one additional field addresses “Product gallery image mapping” will display as shown in below image
- Product gallery image mapping: Map Akeneo attribute type to assign product image as base, small or thumbnail.
- Default product quantity: Define the default quantity of product for all imported products.
- Allow to import media files: If you want to allow products media files for all imported products select “Yes” else select “No“. Once you’ll select “Yes” an additional panel addressed “Akeneo Images Attributes” will display below.
- Akeneo images attribute: Here, the admin needs to write Akeneo attribute code which they want to import from Akeneo.
- Allow URL rewrites for imported products: Select “Yes” if you want to allow URL in order to redirect old product link to the new address for imported products else select “No” from the drop-down.
Magento 2 Import Job
Akeneo connector for Magento 2 provides the option to import Akeneo catalog information to the Magento store. You can now import Akeneo attributes, categories, family, and products in Magento 2.
To do so, you need to navigate through the Magento dashboard –> Akeneo connector –> Import. Click on the import button.
Tapping on import button brings you to Akeneo connector import section page, where you will get below four sections:
This will import all Akeneo categories in Magento. To do so, first select categories import action type from the dropdown.
Select add or update if you want to update the category and select replace if you only want to replace the category in Magento. After that click on Run job button.
Once you will click on Run job button, the import execution process will start, wait for a while to complete and check the errors.
After the completion of this import job, Akeneo category will appear in the Magento store.
This will import all Akeneo families in Magento attributes set. To do so, go to the attributes set tab. Then select import action type for attributes set from the drop-down.
Select “add or update” if you wish to add or update the attribute set else select “replace” in order to replace custom Magento attributes set with the Akeneo family.
After that, click on the Run job button.
Once you will click on the Run job button, the import execution process will start for attribute set, wait for a while to complete and check the errors.
After the completion of this import job, Akeneo families will appear in the Magento store.
This will only import the Akeneo attributes into the Magento store. To do so, go to the attributes tab.
This module provides the option to select import action types such as “add or update” or “replace” while importing.
Select “add or update” if you wish to add or update the attribute else select “replace” in order to replace Magento attributes with the Akeneo attributes.
After that, click on the Run job button.
Once you will click on the Run job button, the import execution process will start for attributes, wait for a while to complete and check the errors.
After the completion of this import job, Akeneo attributes will appear in the Magento store.
In order to import the Akeneo product in the Magento store, go to the product tab. Where first need to select product import action type from the drop-down.
Select the “add or update” option, then click on the “Run job” button.
Once you will click on the Run job button, the import execution process will start for the product, wait for a while to complete and check the errors.
This will import all Akeneo products in the Magento store.
Akeneo Connector Import Logs
Moreover, you can also review the import log simply navigating through Dashboard –> Akeneo Connector –> Import Log.
Tapping on the import log button will navigate to the Akeneo connector import log page. Where you will review the complete record of the import job as shown below:
In addition, you can filter the import log with ID, import jobs, log type, create At and Job step to get a specific result.
In order to export product information from Magento to Akeneo PIM, you need to do the following configuration first:
- Attributes mapping: First you need to map Magento attribute code with Akeneo attribute code as shown in below image:
- Allow to export media files: Select “Yes” if you want to allow product media files to be exported else select “No” from the drop-down. Once you’ll select “Yes” additional field displays.
- Map media attributes: In this field, Make sure mapped Akeneo media attribute codes are exist in akeneo panel.
- map Magento media attributes with Akeneo media product attributes.
- Attribute code used as the label: Define only text type attribute code which will use as a label but make sure attribute code is mapped already.
- Attribute used as the main picture: Define only Image type attribute code which will use as the main picture, but make sure the given attribute code is mapped already.
Magento 2 Export Job
Akeneo connector for Magento 2 provides the option to export Magento catalog information to Akeneo PIM. You can now export your product catalog data from Magento to Akeneo PIM.
Here you can quickly export Magento’s categories, family, product model and products to Akeneo PIM.
To do so, you have to navigate through the Magento dashboard –> Akeneo connector –> Export. Click on the export button.
After tapping on the Export button, you will find the Akeneo connector export section page.
Here, you will see four export sections as mentioned below:
In order to export products first, you need to export categories. In the categories section, click on the export category(s) button from the top right side corner. This will export all Magento categories to Akeneo PIM.
Once you’ll click on that button export execution process will start, wait for a while to complete and check the errors.
After the completion of this export job, the category will appear in the Akeneo PIM category section.
Export Family/Attribute set:
In order to export Family from Magento to Akeneo PIM, go to the adjacent tab of categories. Click on the Family/Attribute set button. Then, click on the Export family button from the top right.
Once you’ll click on that button export execution process will start for the attribute set, wait for a while to complete and check the errors.
This execution will export all mapped Magento attribute set into Akeneo PIM. After the completion of this export job, the respective exported family will appear in the Akeneo PIM.
Export Product Model
Now, go to the product model in order to export a configurable product. After that, click on export product models.
Note: Please make sure export attributes mapping available for these “color, size” super attributes.
Once you’ll click on that button export execution process will start for the product model, wait for a while to complete and check the errors.
Go to the export product tab. Then click on the Export products button in order to export products from Magento to Akeneo PIM.
Once you’ll click on that button export execution process will start, wait for a while to complete and check the errors. This will export all simple and configurable products of Magento in Akeneo.
After the completion of this export job, the products will appear in the Akeneo PIM products section.
Akeneo Connector Export Logs
Moreover, you can also review the export log simply navigating through Dashboard –> Akeneo Connector –> Export log.
Tapping on the export log button will navigate to the Akeneo connector export log page. Where you will review the complete record of the export job as shown below:
In addition, you can filter the log-based on ID, export jobs, log type, create At and Job step to get a specific result.
Export Product in Akeneo PIM
As you can see that the following products, categories, attributes, and family have been exported from Magento. The admin can view the products and make any changes in the product from Akeneo PIM.
You can see all Magento product categories has been exported in Akeneo PIM as shown below:
In the Akeneo family, you can see all Magento attribute sets have been imported into Akeneo PIM.
Additional, you can also see attribute label code along with attribute main picture code has been exported from Magento 2 to Akeneo PIM which you’ve defined in the export configuration.
In the below screenshot, you can view all attributes that have been exported in Akeneo PIM.
You can view all product information of Magento 2 that has been exported in Akeneo PIM. In below screenshot, you can see both configurable and simple product has been exported from the Magento store.
That’s all for Akeneo Connector for Magento 2, for any issues related to this module, please create a support ticket at- https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket
Also, for any pre-sales queries or customization discussion, please drop an email to [email protected]
Current Product Version - 3.0.0.
Supported Framework Version - Magento 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x,2.3.x, 2.4.x
Leave a Comment