Magento 1.8 Development – Recently magento have upgraded to its latest version from magento 1.7 to magento 1.8 , As the largest magento extension provider we have upgraded our magento extension to latest magento 1.8 version https://store.webkul.com/
most of the magento 1.8 API and code structure is almost same as per the magento 1.7 but there is a major overhaul in tax , cache and Redis
Main changelog of magento 1.8
- Major overhaul of tax calculation formulas, correction of rounding errors, and additional assistance with configuration.
- Optimized cache adapters for single-server systems
- Upgraded Redis cache adapters for multi-server systems.
To set up and use Redis with Magento, see Using Redis with Magento Community Edition (CE) and Enterprise Edition (EE).
- Eliminated many types of database deadlocks.
also tons of security issue has been solved
Magento Company ? Read More
- Errors are not displayed in a new Magento installation.
- Fixed a session fixation vulnerability in the new user registration process. Attackers can no longer abuse this flaw to take over new user accounts during registration.
- Prevent a user with limited privileges to delete the Magento installation.
- Prevent attacks that use OAuth to leak sensitive information to an attacker that knows the consumer key and user token.
- Resolved an issue that enabled attackers to gain access to billing information.
We thank Darryl Adia (from Ampersand Commerce) for contributing to this fix.
- Resolved issues with the security of OAuth tokens and keys.
- A remote code execution vulnerability was fixed.
We thank Bastian Ike for contributing to this fix.
- The Magento Admin Panel and web stores no longer allow web browsers to store user names or passwords.
- The Magento web store has additional Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) protections, meaning an imposter can no longer impersonate a newly registered customer and perform actions on the customer’s behalf.
- The cryptographic methods used to store passwords were improved to enhance security.
Complete case study of the magento 1.8 is at the magento commerce website http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/ce-18-later-release-notes