Laravel eCommerce Search suggestion is a feature to make it faster to complete searches that you’re beginning to type. It makes your website more attractive.
It packs in lots of demanding features that allow your business to scale in no time. This feature can be very beneficial for any eCommerce.
- The product category will be visible on auto search suggestions.
- The price of each product will be visible on search suggestions.
- Total searched terms will be visible on search suggestions.
- The product image will be visible on the auto search suggestion result.
- Admin can disable visibility of category/product/term from the auto search.
- Admin can set the total number of categories/products visible on auto search suggestions.
How to install the module
Unzip the respective extension zip and then merge “suggestion” inside the webkul package.
Goto config/app.php file and add the following line under ‘providers’.
Goto composer.json file and add the following line under ‘psr-4’.
now. Read More
Run these commands below to complete the setup.
composer dump-autoload php artisan config:cache php artisan route:cache
Run Some npm commands in the suggestion folder.
npm install npm run prod php artisan vendor:publish --force
-> Press the number before “Webkul\suggestion\Providers\suggestionServiceProvider” and then press enter to publish all assets and configurations.
After the successful installation of the module, the admin can also configure the module under the admin panel. The admin needs to Configure>>Search Suggestion.
The admin can do various actions under the module configuration as shown below:-
On this page there are several options such as:-
Categories:- The admin can set any number of categories that will come under the dropdown of the search box.
Products:- The admin can also set any number of products that will come under the dropdown of the search box.
- Terms: Admin can set Display Terms as Yes or No.
- Product: Admin can also nset Display Products as Yes or No.
- Categories: Admin can also set Display Products as Yes or No.
Click on the Save button
In the front end after inserting all required details search suggestion is ready to display as shown below:-
The user can input keywords in the search bar and the suggestions will appear below.
In the above image tshirt is the term which is searched.
- The first three searches are showing product name with their respective category. Click on this will redirect to category page.
- After this the term is shown that is searched along with the no. of product with that term.
- The popular product with that keyword are shown at the last.
Current Product Version - 1
Supported Framework Version - Bagisto version 1.3.0 or higher.