Direct debit from the bank with Odoo Website Braintree ACH Payment Acquirer!
Every customer doesn’t want to use a debit/credit card. Some customers prefer to pay their bills from their bank account. However, how can one integrate a direct debit system into Odoo?
Odoo Website Braintree ACH Payment Acquirer permits customers to make payments using a bank account. The module accepts either via network check or through Micro-transfer (can take up to 3 business days).
Configure the cron to update the status of the Micro transfer payment automatically. Or you can do it manually in the backend.
- The module integrates Braintree ACH Direct Debit.
- It allows customers to make payments directly via their bank account.
- The Odoo app uses network checks and micro-transfer for customer account authentication.
- Odoo Website Braintree ACH Payment Acquirer opposes card payment.
- Available presently for US vendors and customers only.
- Network check permits payment process immediately.
- Micro transfer can take up to 3 business days for payment clearance.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘payment_braintree_ach.’
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List.’
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘payment_braintree_ach.’
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Let’s move on to the configuration of Odoo Website Braintree ACH Payment Acquirer.
Odoo Company ? Read More
1. Go to ‘Invoicing> Configuration> Payment Acquirers’ after installing.
2. On the payment acquirer page, scroll and locate the ‘Braintree ACH’ and open it.
3. Now, enter the ‘Merchant ID, Public and Private Keys, Authorization Process, and Default Merchant Account ID.’ Lastly, enter the max number of days to update pending transactions in the ‘Credentials’ tab.
NOTE: You need to generate the Braintree ACH details from the Braintree Sandbox.
4. Move to the ‘Configuration’ tab and select the payment journal to record the transactions.
5. In the ‘Messages’ tab, enter the messages for the given scenarios.
6. On the Odoo website, shop for a product, and on the checkout page, select the ‘Braintree ACH’ payment option, and click the ‘Pay Now’ button.
7. After that, a form will appear on the screen. Enter all the details and tick the checkbox to verify the bank account.
8. After finalizing the payment, you will see the order confirmation message on the screen.
9. You can view all the Braintree ACH Direct Debit transactions from the Odoo backend in the ‘Payment Transactions’ menu.
10. If you have selected the ‘Micro Transafer’ option, you will see the ‘Update Transaction Status’ on the detailed payment transaction page.
CONFIGURING CRON IN THE BACKEND
11. In the backend, go to ‘Settings> Technical> Automation> Scheduled Action.’
NOTE: The technical option is available in the Developer Mode.
12. Locate the ‘Post Process Payment Transaction’ and configure the cron according to your need.
OTH ER ODOO MODULES
- Odoo Website PayU Money Payment Acquirer
- Website Braintree Payment Acquirer
- Odoo Website MangoPay Payment Acquirer
- Odoo Poli Payments Acquirer
- Website MasterCard Hosted Checkout Payment Acquirer
- Odoo Website Thawani Checkout Payment Acquirer
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module, please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
For any doubt, contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo 16, 15, 14