eBay Akeneo Connector: With the help of eBay Akeneo Connector, you can create a product listing on eBay marketplace using Akeneo PIM platform. eBay-Akeneo integration allows you to manage thousands of products easily. You can connect your eBay store using multiple credentials, map categories, map product attributes and do much more using multichannel PIM integration.
Please Note – eBay Akeneo Connector module is compatible with Community Edition, Enterprise Edition, and Cloud (PaaS/Flexibility) Edition of Akeneo.
- List your products and product with variations on eBay from Akeneo
- Works with multiple eBay account credentials
- You can map Akeneo categories with eBay categories
- You can map Akeneo product attributes with eBay product attributes
- Set the default configuration value
Check out the following video tutorials below:
- How to get eBay credential in Akeneo? Click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRRTDWxdhgU
- How to do attribute mapping for eBay fields to Akeneo? Click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXWofobLluI
How to add simple product and export from Akeneo to eBay? Click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgJ3Rv_2Upk
Please follow these steps for installing eBay Akeneo Connector module in your Akeneo PIM platform.
- Unzip the respective extension zip and then merge “src” folder into akeneo project root directory.
- Goto app/AppKernel.php and add the following line in function registerProjectBundles()
- Goto app/config/routing.yml and add these lines at top of the file
ebay_connector: resource: "@EbayConnectorBundle/Resources/config/routing.yml" prefix: /
- You have to navigate to Akeneo Installation Directory(Ex. cd /opt/bitnami/apps/akeneo/htdocs ). Run this command after ssh to your akeneo server by the terminal.
rm -rf ./var/cache/** && php bin/console pim:install:asset --env=prod && php bin/console assets:install web --symlink && yarn run webpack && php bin/console d:s:u --force
- You have to restart your web server like Apache, Nginx. Run the command for Apache web server.
sudo service apache2 restart
Common Issues After Installation
It might happen that even after proper installation, upon opening your Akeneo admin dashboard, you see a loading screen. In that case, do check for the following solution:
- Webpack Installation: If you get the below error It means that web pack is not installed in your system. Run the following command
npm install --save-prod webpack npm install
- Module routing.yml is not configured properly. Re-check the routing.yml file as mentioned in the 3rd step of Module Installation
- Clear your browser cache.
SETUP CREDENTIALS IN EBAY CONSOLE
Follow the below steps to create eBay Credentials to be used in Akeneo
- Sign in your Akeneo account and go to eBay connector.
- For credential setup, you have to click on create the credential icon. You need to fill in all details (App Id, Cert Id, Dev Id, User ID, Auth Token).
- For these credentials, you have to visit https://developer.ebay.com/
- To create a new account go to https://developer.ebay.com/ and fill all details.
- If you have already an account then go to Sign in option.
- After the above setup, you need to enter an application title. You will get two links.
- Create a keyset for Sandbox or Production. Click on create a keyset for Sandbox.
- Fill in the details and Click on Continue to create the key.
- Your Sandbox AppID(Client ID), Dev ID, and Cert ID(Client Secret) generated. Click on the create a keyset for Production.
- Your Production keyset generated, click on the User Token in Sandbox section.
- Click on the Sign in to Sandbox to generate a User Token.
- A new pop-up window open, fill the details.
- Enter the username and password to sign in the Sandbox and Accept the eBay agreement.
- You will get a user token here.
- Lastly, you will be redirected back and will get the Application keys.
- Find all the details AppID(Client ID), Dev ID, Cert ID(Client Secret), and user token.
- Now your connector is ready to use.
Setup Credential in Akeneo
After successfully installing the module in Akeneo, you need to set up the eBay API credentials in Akeneo. Please log into Akeneo and follow eBay Connector> Create Credential. In this, you need to enter the Profile Name, Global Site ID, Mode, AppID(Client ID), Dev ID, Cert ID(Client Secret), and user token.
Now enter the credential.
- Profile Name
- Global Site ID
- AppID(Client ID)
- Dev ID
- Cert ID(Client Secret)
- User Token
After click on the save button, you will get the configuration values icon. Here you have entered the values you want to show with the product.
Configuration Values –
Configuration values define all shopping related details of the product. You can configure your common details, Listing details, Dispatch details, Return policy, and Shipping details.
Common Details –
As from the name, we can easily understand that Common details are the basic seller details like Payment methods, Paypal Email, Postal code, Country, and Currency.
- Inventory Tracking Method – By using Inventory tracking methods you can easily search the product in your product listing. It is based on the SKU(Stock Keeping Unit).
- Payment Methods – Nowadays different payment methods are available. So you can give the more option to the customer for payment while purchasing.
- PayPal Email Address – You have to enter your PayPal email address to complete the payments.
- Postal Code – You have to enter your postal code as you mentioned in your Sandbox.
- Country – You have to enter the country code where you want to sell the products.
- Currency – You have to enter your currency code according to your country code.
- Shipping Profile ID – You have to enter Shipping profile id by which you can track the shipping details.
- Return Profile ID – If you mention that the product is returnable then you have to give a Return Profile Id.
- Payment Profile ID – For the tracking of successful payment you have to mention a payment profile id. By this, you can track your payment gateway details.
Listing Details –
Here you can configure all listing details like Listing type, Listing Duration, and Gallery type. It defines the product availability, variable product, and the place to store the products.
- Listing Type – Listing type is about the product price by which you can define. The product price could be fixed price or variable.
- Listing Duration – Here you can mention your product listing duration like after how much time it will be canceled.
- Gallery Type – Gallery type describe that where you want to store your product images and videos.
Dispatch Details –
- Maximum time to dispatch – Maximum time to dispatch is the time taken by a merchant to dispatch the product.
- Dispatch Time – Dispatch time is the maximum time to reach the product to the customer.
Return Policy –
- Returns Accepted Option – You can provide the option to return the product. A customer can return the product within the days if he gets a defective product.
- Returns Within Option(Duration) – Return within duration is the option in which a customer can return the product.
- Returns Within Option – This is the option which is applicable to both the customer and seller.
Seller – Within the time a seller can return the product to the customer.
Buyer – Within the time a buyer can return the product if he got the defective product.
- Service Priority – Shipping service priority is the minimum days committed by the Shipping Service providers to deliver a product.
- Shipping Service – Shipping service providers are those who transport the goods from one place to another or door to door.
- Service Cost – You can mention a shipping cost of a product when delivering it to the customer.
- Free Shipping – You can give free shipping option of a product. A customer doesn’t have to pay for it.
- Shipping Service Additional Cost – You can mention an additional cost for a specific product.
eBay Mapping Setting
In the eBay Mapping Setting tab, you need to match the product fields between eBay and Akeneo. You need to select the correct Akeneo attribute that matches to the eBay product information.
- Product Title
- Product SubTitle
- Condition ID
Status mapping information remains the same on both ends. So if a product is disabled in Akeneo, it will be disabled in eBay as well.
In the other mapping, we can manage attributes to be used as Image and File.
Attributes to be used as Images – The selected Akeneo image attributes will be visible as eBay product gallery images. Please note – The images will export in sorting order they are selected here.
Item specifics (Attributes) – Item specifiers means that the attributes which specify size, weight, and color.
In Category Mapping, we map Akeneo product category with eBay product category. It helps you to add a product in eBay specific category. You can click on the right side of the screen Create Mapping.
Here you can create Akeneo eBay category mapping.
You can see the mapping after adding a category mapping.
Create Product In Akeneo
To create a product in Akeneo, go to navigate to Products and click Create button. Now, you need to choose product type – as Product or Product Model.
Product – Select this type for creating simple and virtual products.
Product Model – Select this type for creating a configurable product with variations.
Now enter the required SKU, choose a family, and click the Save button.
Product Family – A family is a set of attributes that will be the same for all products belonging to a family. The product family represents products type, imposes product information structure and defines the list of attributes for a product that it belongs.
Add Product Details
Now you need to provide information about the product. First, select the Channel and Locale and then enter the title, subtitle, description, and price.
For adding product information, select attribute options you require. You can also create new options for the attribute. Following Attributes from Akeneo are supported for export:
- Product Title
- Product Subtitle
Add New Attribute Option
If an attribute option is missing for a select attribute type (simple or multi-select), you can directly add it to the Product Edit Form. Enter a Code and Label values, then click Save.
Add Condition Id
When you add the product in Akeneo you have to enter the condition id which shows the product information like New Product, Used Product, New with defects, and Manufacturer refurbished. You can find her the value for these keywords.
In your product attribute section, you have to create an attribute for the condition. You have to click on the add icon.
A pop-up will open and you have to enter the code and label then click on the save button.
Click the upload picture section or use the drag and drop feature to add product image.
Add information to other languages and store views.
After entering all the product information, save your changes and go to Product Navigation and select Categories.
eBay Export Job
Now to export your product data you need to create a job profile and execute it. First, go to Exports> Create Export Profile and enter a unique code, label and select a job profile.
Here you will find the export job profile:-
Product Listing Job – Product listing job profile exports everything (categories, attributes, attribute options, attribute group families, and products) based on filters in a job. A product must have a category to be included in the export job.
eBay Active Credential
Here you will get all the active credential made by you. You can select any active credential for the product export process.
Filter The Data
Now go to the Content section and select the following options:
Channel – Each export job can only be linked to one channel, please select the relevant channel of products to export.
Locales – Select one or more Locales depending on your requirements.
Attributes – You can select which product attributes you want to export all or a few of them. Click the Edit button to select the attributes.
Filter The Product
Now you need to decide which products to export on eBay.
Select one or more product family to export to eBay. If you want to export products belonging to specific families, click on the drop-down list and click on the families to add in the field like clothing, shoes, t-shirts.
You can now export your product within a specific time condition.
You can configure the categories of the channel tree you want to export. For example, you want to export the clothing products to update.
By default, all categories are exported. To select a category, click on the Edit button the categories of the channel tree are displayed.
You can make a selection of identifiers to export by adding them to the SKU field. You can copy and paste a list of identifiers, separated them by using comma, space or line breaks.
After that click Save button and follow the next step to execute this profile.
After creating the export profile, click on the Export Now button. The execution of the export process will begin, the page will refresh continually to update the information.
Wait for the execution process to complete and check the errors. After the completion of the export job, the products will appear in the eBay product list.
As you can see that the following products have been imported from Akeneo. The admin can view the products and make any changes in the product edit form of eBay.
You can click on the product to get full product details.
Creating Product Variant
To create a product with variations, go to Products>Create and select Product Model.
Then, enter a Code, select Family, and select Variant. In Variant, you need to select how the variations will be created.
Then, enter the basic product details which are common to all the variations. You can mention the product name, description, Quantity, and price.
To add a variation, click down arrow symbol.
Then, mention variant axis such as size, color and enter SKU for variation product.
Once the variation product is created, you can mention Its details.
After export the product from Akeneo to eBay, you can see the product in eBay product listing.
When you select the variant color, you can see the variant product associated with it.
For any issues related to this module, please create a support ticket at- https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket Also, for any pre-sales queries or customization discussion, please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Product Version - 1.0.1
Supported Framework Version - eBay Akeneo PIM Connector 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 3.0.x, and 3.1.x